Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sum up an artists entire song catalogue in one sentence

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Captain Beefheart - "We'll give thousands of nerdy music geeks something to actually talk about....but only to each other".

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Lady Ga Ga:
    Oh ra, Ga, Ga, Ga, Ga *unintelligable words*, oooohwooah OOOOOAAAH!

Modern "metal"
    *Screaming*, whiny chorus, *Screaming*, whiny chorus, solo, whiny chorus.

Emo
    I love my girlfriend but she doesn't love me. Life is hard and nobody understands me.

Black Eyed Peas
    Rape every other song by using samples and constructing them in unchallenging and simplistic ways until our autotune machine melts so that everyone can sing our nonsensical lyrics while at the same time we can sell our songs and image to companies for advertising already popular products. Maximum profits!

Dubstep
    Take popular song and add Ba Ba Ba Ba WAWAWAWAWAWAWAWAWA Ba Ba Ba Ba NEEEEEEAAAAAAAAOOOOORRRGGGHH WAWAWAWAWAWAWAWAWA

Mainstream Rap
    Life in the ghetto is hard and I will expand on my point with endless videos of me and my crew hopping out of kitted-out SUV's outside of nightclubs in slow motion while bitches wiggle their arses. I will also start throwing money about while some random guy jumps around like a mad chimp and shouts "YEA!" after everything I say.

Kanye West
    I'm brilliant and here's why.....

Pink
    Us girls can be rough, rowdy and hardcore as men but any man who leaves us is just a bastard, which makes us sad...........but I'll get over it because men are bastards.

Kesha
    I'm a fùcking waster and a whore, this is the life.

Queen
    Music harnessed from the power of thunder and lightning with a dash of the fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭FinnLizzy

Red Hot Chilli Peppers: "Blah blah blah California"

Wolfe Tones: "Fup the British, fiddly di aye, black and tans, fiddle di di, IRA"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭BrianJD

Bob Dylan

I'm going to fit these extra five words into the sentence even though they won't fit and finish the extra long line with a harmonica riff.

Love the guy though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭FetchTheGin

Any blues artist- Doe n doe doe doe......the bluuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuueeeees.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 1,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blackhorse Slim

James Iha wasn't asked to join A Perfect Circle for nothing.

He has nice hair :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33 raxor

Jedward:
    Joyful Eunuchs Definitely. Women? Always Readily Debated.

Oasis:
    Oi! Always Said I Suck

Westlife:
    WherEver Stupid Tarts Like Inane Fucking Excrement

Stereophonics:
    Sometimes Think Everyone Really Enjoys Our Pathetic, Homogeneous, Overplayed, No-talent, Infuriatingly Crap Sound.

U2:
    Shit

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,134 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Guns'N'Roses:
    "Oh ooh oh sweet chi- EVERYONE'S FIRED EXCEPT ME"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭desertcircus

Rammstein: Wir werden Sie betäuben.

Every indie band ever: We exist purely because lots of people don't want to like pop music. If it wasn't for snobbery, Girls Aloud, Justin Timberlake and Rihanna would be hoovering up even more money and we'd be working in accountancy firms.

Limp Bizkit: It's easy to ruin surprisingly good music; just have a complete plank "rap" over the top.

Snow Patrol: If I just lay here, and never recorded anything ever again, would the world be any better off?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,237 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Duggy747 wrote: »

Queen
    Music harnessed from the power of thunder and lightning with a dash of the fantastic.

Are these your own words?

If so, I'm stealing them and claiming them as my own for the next time anyone asks me for my thoughts on Queen.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

Rihanna na na nah nana nah.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭xyz1

Pearl Jam

We refuse to be summed up in a sentence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Adamantium

ADELE- "I'm huuurttt, i'm in paiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnn!"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭St.Spodo

Limp Bizkit- don't worry, this won't last very long.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,134 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

xyz1 wrote: »
    Pearl Jam

We refuse to be summed up in a sentence.

"Creed suck"

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Enya
    "Fairies and woods, lakes and roads"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

Opeth: Competently assembled prog metal with a wiff of smug
    Radiohead post Ok Computer: high pitched warbling, oblique superficially deep but sh1t lyrics, overly warm production and a drummer who shies away from drumming.
    Rammstein: dildos.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Boards of Canada

'We are too cool wearing beany hats and thinking about math and the earth to release ANYTHING'

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,088 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Manic Street Preachers (pre-1995): I have no idea what the **** Richie means either but if I sing it intensely enough it might sort of make sense Jesus how many more syllables to go before the end of this line.
    Of this line.
    OF THIS LIIIIIINE.

post 1995: Now the words scan nicely/and they even rhyme/you can make sense of them/most of the time/we're much more cohesive/as a three piece band/although admittedly our songs/are all awfully bland.

Awfully blaaaaand

AeoNGriM wrote: »

On-Topic: Any boy band

'We exploit teenage girls for money'

Fifty Cent: I exploit teenage girls for money, but in a much more sinister way which has bizarrely granted me cool status. 'Cuz I'm a motehr****in' P.I.M.P.

Sufjan Stevens: I'm a bit bored so I wrote eight albums featuring 36 instruments I played myself, some deep-ass lyrics and incorporating three dozen musical styles most of which you've never even heard of. Plus I'm pretty good-looking. But nobody thinks I'm sexy. Axl Rose still gets more poontang than me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Bruce Springsteen:
    The man who inflicted Radio Nowhere on the world while still being loved by old people everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

Jason Derulo: "I love girls and I'd like to sleep with all of them... hang on, have I said my name enough times?"

Backstreet Boys/N*Sync/Five (any boyband): "Girl, I really love you, and I want to be with you, and if you broke up with me I'd be really sad but I'd eventually win you back, girl and now I'm gonna rhyme 'break up' with 'make up'"

Kesha: "I'm really awesome and important, and I'm gonna make a nuisance of myself as much as possible cause no-one can tell me what to do!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

Amy Winehouse "They tried to make me go to rehab, I said no, then I died"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭Iron Hide

Bruce Springsteen:
    The man who inflicted Radio Nowhere on the world while still being loved by old people everywhere USA! USA! USA!.

FYP :)

Amy winehouse " Should have gone to rehab"

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,202 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Dream Theater

12 Billion notes a second

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Yoko Ono : YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeEEEEEEEEEeeeaaaaaaeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaEEEEEEEE

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Eminem - I think I might have an Oedipus complex!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭wayfarers

Pete Doherty. "I'm a white middle class knob masquerading as a Dickensian raggamuffin".

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

I really hate Mumford and Sons

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭Caraville

Eminem: I'm a 38 year old man who despite having a talent as a rap artist has reduced himself to sounding like a whiney moany teenager.

Kanye West: I'm a 34 year old man who despite having a talent as a rap artist has reduced himself to sounding like a whiney moany teenager.

Advertisement