Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Top Gear is back - Sunday 27th January

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Is it repeated during the week lads forgot to set the Sky Box :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,407 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Is it repeated during the week lads forgot to set the Sky Box :mad:

On Saturday I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

That was quite disappointing, the first episode last week was far superior. WTF was up with the selection of cars, the Lexus is a supercar while the others are clearly not.... I dunno, poor episode IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

kneemos wrote: »
    On Saturday I think.

Cheers dude

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Format has gotten really tired, it's all very staged and boring.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Happyman42 wrote: »
    Format has gotten really tired, it's all very staged and boring.

Ha, ya wanna see the 'live' show. ;)

166man wrote: »
    That was quite disappointing, the first episode last week was far superior. WTF was up with the selection of cars, the Lexus is a supercar while the others are clearly not.... I dunno, poor episode IMO.

I thought it was one of the better episodes quite hilarious in parts,Hammond was a bit cringworthy though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

5th gear is where its at lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,380 ✭✭✭fletch

paddy147 wrote: »
    5th gear is where its at lads.
    Yeh its starting back on Discovery soon...can't wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Tea 1000

Autosport wrote: »
    I liked the Viper, disappointed with the Lexus not even a cup holder in it.
    Bollix to cup holders! If you own an LFA then you should be driving the f**king thing, not drinking tea!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Jordan5372

Not the best one i have seen, in my opinion there running out of things to do!

A good episode of offroading in 4x4's would be good fun, they have never really done this.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭BillJ

Jordan5372 wrote: »
    Not the best one i have seen, in my opinion there running out of things to do!

A good episode of offroading in 4x4's would be good fun, they have never really done this.

They did the episode where they went through the amazon jungle and across south america in 4x4s, which was a pretty class episode. But yeah they could do another one maybe.

That was a special. It wasn't really offroad though, not properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

That was a special. It wasn't really offroad though, not properly.

They weren't on roads and it was taking hours to move meters, I'd call that off roading.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I wonder when they will show that episode with scooby... Though knowing Top gear Hamonds scooby will catch fire while doing 40 in second gear... :rolleyes:

So then Subaru will be marked as most unrelable car in the world by all Petrolheads...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭skibum

CianRyan wrote: »
    They weren't on roads and it was taking hours to move meters, I'd call that off roading.
    :D

CianRyan wrote: »

you must be a city kinda guy!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

you must be a city kinda guy!

Yep, yet how ever dodgy you think the fields around Ireland are, I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say The Amazon Rain Forest is a bit less travelled and a lot harder going.

If you're referring to purpous built off road courses they've done that too.
    Range rover sport VS a tank and Mitzi Evo VS the British millitary.
    They've driven across Africa in small classics, they driven across the far east deserts in small convertibles.
    They've even driven around the English country side in a Daihatsu Terios that looked like a fox.
    Why are you so reluctant to admit they've gone off road?
    Sure ****, they drive to the bloody north pole!

Specials or not, they've done it and I dare say that's a lot more than anyone in this forum has done.

Dont forget about driving to disco up to the top of the mountain!

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Pudsey64

kneemos wrote: »
    On Saturday I think.
    Also on BBC3 at 7pm on Thursday

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 60 ✭✭drumslate

I wonder when they will show that episode with scooby... Though knowing Top gear Hamonds scooby will catch fire while doing 40 in second gear... :rolleyes:

So then Subaru will be marked as most unrelable car in the world by all Petrolheads...

I'm looking forward to this one as well, looks pretty good :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,690 ✭✭✭CR 7

They've finally got round to showing off the GT86 tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,220 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

GT86 is amazeballs :D

Edit: Supra :D Oh sweet lord i'm in love

• Registered Users Posts: 12,782 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Question, is this 'New Impreza that's not coming to the UK' not coming to Ireland either, because if it is, it'd boost the Irish motor industry no end.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,350 ✭✭✭ofcork

They need some new ideas,jeremy racing the lads on a train is the same old thing.

ofcork wrote: »
    They need some new ideas,jeremy racing the lads on a train is the same old thing.

A bloke driving a car is not riviting in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Top Gear Korea tried a similar stunt to the UK version and it didn't turn out so well;

• Registered Users Posts: 5,350 ✭✭✭ofcork

Will take a look at fifth gear tonight to see how it compares.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

NUTZZ wrote: »
    Top Gear Korea tried a similar stunt to the UK version and it didn't turn out so well;

[Y
    That'll give Clarkson some ideas of what to drop on a Morris Marina next!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,380 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Those rams continental races are so boring, if I wanted to watch people on a train I'd get the train :confused:

Advertisement