Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Packed Lunch Idea's Needed

• 20-04-2012 10:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

I'm in need of some idea's for a packed lunch, I'm going to be doing a bus journey to Donegal tomorrow and back to Limerick tomorrow.

So I'm looking for two biggest meals that can be packed, and that can be eaten without being refrigerated...

I'll eat anything, would like to avoid tuna as everyone tends to give out about the smell:(

Lets go...

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I regularly have the following:

1 x chicken breast
    Loads of rocket, spinach, watercress, lambs lettuce
    As much veg as you can pack in

And I follow it with a pack of crisps and a bottle of water if I can't get a decent cup of tea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Stheno wrote: »
    I regularly have the following:

1 x chicken breast
    Loads of rocket, spinach, watercress, lambs lettuce
    As much veg as you can pack in

And I follow it with a pack of crisps and a bottle of water if I can't get a decent cup of tea.

Any kind of sauce with that?

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭nowayjosie

Hey all,

I'm in need of some idea's for a packed lunch, I'm going to be doing a bus journey to Donegal tomorrow and back to Limerick tomorrow.

So I'm looking for two biggest meals that can be packed, and that can be eaten without being refrigerated...

I'll eat anything, would like to avoid tuna as everyone tends to give out about the smell:(

Lets go...

Ok - no tuna, you need some plastic containers, put corn into one, and a huge salad into another and as suggested chicken legs/breast in another or sausages good quality ones cooked and sliced or just a good few slices of ham but keep them separate, when you want to eat add them together. Bring mayo or some kind of dressing. Also if you have a flask bring some soup very tasty if your good with a bit of home cooking. Then you'll need something sweet - like chopped pineapple either fresh or out of a tin. lets know how you get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭stmol32

Try this

1) Pre-cook some rice
    2) Drain a tin of red kidney beans and mix in to the rice.
    (you might want to throw the beans in while the rice is cooking for the last three minutes to soften them up.
    3) A few finely chopped jalapenos if you'd like some spice
    4) Throw it all in a tupperware and douse with soy sauce. Stick it in the fridge until your leaving.

The reason I mention Jalapenos is because I usually buy a jar of them and most supermarkets have them where they have all the old el-paso mexican food. This is also where they usually have the beans and if you want to be easy on yourself this is also the section where they have the microwavable rice pouches so there's no cooking really.

Also If you want a bit of meat then I usually get a salami or chorizo from the supermarket (ALdi 1.79) and chop a bit of that and mix in too.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭nowayjosie

stmol32 wrote: »
    Try this

1) Pre-cook some rice
    2) Drain a tin of red kidney beans and mix in to the rice.
    (you might want to throw the beans in while the rice is cooking for the last three minutes to soften them up.
    3) A few finely chopped jalapenos if you'd like some spice
    4) Throw it all in a tupperware and douse with soy sauce. Stick it in the fridge until your leaving.

The reason I mention Jalapenos is because I usually buy a jar of them and most supermarkets have them where they have all the old el-paso mexican food. This is also where they usually have the beans and if you want to be easy on yourself this is also the section where they have the microwavable rice pouches so there's no cooking really.

Also If you want a bit of meat then I usually get a salami or chorizo from the supermarket (ALdi 1.79) and chop a bit of that and mix in too.

i'll try that meself wow

• Advertisement
Advertisement