Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2011 - General Discussion

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Walcott32

Wolfe Tone wrote: »
    I picked Nottm Forest in the end, trying to bring Kevin Phillips in on loan for the season.

Anyone reccomend a decent left back? I have about 300k, but I would like to get a winger too.

Siphiwe Tshabalala as left wing is cheap and will go to forest
    Tsepo Masilela same as above but left back
    maybe wobay as well on the wing can play both flanks

Dempsey wrote: »
    Scouts tell me that he definitely wont get a work permit at this stage (May 2013)

Look up Tiago Cavalcanti, Brazilian with a Spanish Passport, prolific poacher

I know of Jamil Adam but he's a Bohs player and has no intention of joining Limerick

not in my game, quite strange as i have a large database with a load of custom set up to add extra players

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Walcott32 wrote: »
    not in my game, quite strange as i have a large database with a load of custom set up to add extra players

Same as myself, how many leagues are you running, is the Brazilian leagues off, view only or playable?

Same as myself, how many leagues are you running, is the Brazilian leagues off, view only or playable?

i only have players from top divison clubs loaded from brazil

• Registered Users Posts: 8,275 ✭✭✭Glico Man

It's been fixed!!! I'm back baby :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

I have 'Serie B and above' as playable.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭pbowenroe

There is a cheat if yer interested....:pac:

go on.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Siphiwe Tshabalala as left wing is cheap and will go to forest
    Tsepo Masilela same as above but left back
    maybe wobay as well on the wing can play both flanks
    Cant get any of them, but I signed Sylvinho on a free for left back, very happy with that, way better than what I had.

I have a pretty good team, got rid of some dead weight, now I need a striker, left mid/winger and a right mid/winger. I could settle with 2 out of three there.

Couldnt get Phillips on loan cause he failed his medical, which sucks.

was 3 point behind rovers with 8 games to go and had them to play at home, league cup final and fai cup quarters coming up when my keeper got injured out for 5 weeks one of my best players and my back up cant stop the ball for his life in serious need of a new keeper looks like title race is over rovers are 5 points clear with 7 games to go, unless i get a miracle keeper

Cant get any of them, but I signed Sylvinho on a free for left back, very happy with that, way better than what I had.

I have a pretty good team, got rid of some dead weight, now I need a striker, left mid/winger and a right mid/winger. I could settle with 2 out of three there.

Couldnt get Phillips on loan cause he failed his medical, which sucks.

Try and go for Yaya Sanogo of Auxerre. It's a long shot, but I was able to get for my Belenenses side who are in the 2nd Division in Portugal.

• Advertisement

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Try and go for Yaya Sanogo of Auxerre. It's a long shot, but I was able to get for my Belenenses side who are in the 2nd Division in Portugal.
    They want over 2 million for him :(

Although my striker Blackstock just scored 7 goals in my 3 friendlies so far so maybe Im not that desperate

They want over 2 million for him :(

Although my striker Blackstock just scored 7 goals in my 3 friendlies so far so maybe Im not that desperate

What about on loan? Also, don't be afraid to try and raid EPL teams. Most of them won't look for a loan fee for their players.

Was going to say have a look at their affiliated clubs, but Hinckley and Nuneaton don't look the best :/

EDIT - thought you were at Coventry for some reason :o

Forest's affiliated club is Crumlin, so good luck there :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Desire.

Now that my laptop is gone and after reading this thread, I've got the urge to play Football Manager again. I'm getting my laptop back in two weeks and I can't wait now. I've never actually finished a full season on FM 2011 though. :o

I'm planning on starting a game with all leagues and nations loaded with a large database and start unemployed. I like playing the game like that because I like that there is a whole world of activity going on. Also, leaves all avenues open for me.

Anyone have any leagues that they would recommend downloading for my game? Looking to download a few. I'll download the Andorran leagues as I used them before and they were good. I might download the San Marino league file after closely following Cosmo's story on here. Any other recommendations?

Desire. wrote: »
    Now that my laptop is gone and after reading this thread, I've got the urge to play Football Manager again. I'm getting my laptop back in two weeks and I can't wait now. I've never actually finished a full season on FM 2011 though. :o

I'm planning on starting a game with all leagues and nations loaded with a large database and start unemployed. I like playing the game like that because I like that there is a whole world of activity going on. Also, leaves all avenues open for me.

Anyone have any leagues that they would recommend downloading for my game? Looking to download a few. I'll download the Andorran leagues as I used them before and they were good. I might download the San Marino league file after closely following Cosmo's story on here. Any other recommendations?

Download all the lower German leagues and try and get Union Berlin to the CL final... still trying that challenge myself. Failed in FM 2010. Just couldn't get past the group stages :(

I'd love to try and put all the leagues on, but my laptop won't allow it. I've UK, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Portugal all active, all to their lowest league and my game speed rating is half a star. Lord knows what It'd be like with one or two more active.

Although I don't think they let you activate them all anyway... AFAIK there's a set limit for the database size. At least there was for me when I tried to put all the leagues active

Although I don't think they let you activate them all anyway... AFAIK there's a set limit for the database size. At least there was for me when I tried to put all the leagues active

You can activate them all. I've done it before and my laptop is nothing special. It is fairly slow alright, but I play FM while I am doing other things so I don't mind.

You can activate them all. I've done it before and my laptop is nothing special. It is fairly slow alright, but I play FM while I am doing other things so I don't mind.

Interesting... Everytime I've tried I've been told that you are over the limit for the database. Might bring it up with S.I :/

Interesting... Everytime I've tried I've been told that you are over the limit for the database. Might bring it up with S.I :/

Has it actually not let you? Because it does come up on mine that I have chosen more players than the maximum recommended amount of players, but I can still continue with it.

Has it actually not let you? Because it does come up on mine that I have chosen more players than the maximum recommended amount of players, but I can still continue with it.

No it doesn't let me continue until I deselect a few countries.

Played it till 5 am, I'm hooked, its way better than 08, cant believe I waited this long.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Corvo

Played it till 5 am, I'm hooked, its way better than 08, cant believe I waited this long.

I'm with you there. Jesus its addictive. I have to force myself to shut the laptop. Hell, I bought the laptop to play it.

Soon enough I can see myself breaking into houses and stealing to buy the latest version! :)

• Advertisement

i think ive over played the game by this stage, laptop aint working can only open it in safe mode as of this morning

had to wipe my laptop didnt tink of puttin my saved game on usb, but when reloaded the game thought id put in more effort with facepacks etc so in the long run could of been a benefit. really want to start as ucd again but i wont be the same so going try win champions league with shamrock rovers

I'm so glad this was finally fixed. And it appears my tactics scratched on napkins has worked... on the brink of promotion with Belenenses \0/

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Must start getting stuck into this game big time, I hate having a life sometimes :(
    Gets in the way of my managerial career! :pac:

Yakult wrote: »
    Must start getting stuck into this game big time, I hate having a life sometimes :(
    Gets in the way of my managerial career! :pac:

Yeah same here. Been dying for a game while waiting for a patch to come out. But now I've irregular working hours from my new job and a 20,000 word dissertation to do so I can't commit more than 2 or so hours a day

Saddens me that I can't achieve my virtual goals due to real life. I miss being a jobless student :(

Yeah same here. Been dying for a game while waiting for a patch to come out. But now I've irregular working hours from my new job and a 20,000 word dissertation to do so I can't commit more than 2 or so hours a day

Saddens me that I can't achieve my virtual goals due to real life. I miss being a jobless student :(

i am enjoying the jobless student life as i should be but with some friends away for the summer and the girlfriend working it is football manager heaven killing the boredom away

i am enjoying the jobless student life as i should be but with some friends away for the summer and the girlfriend working it is football manager heaven killing the boredom away

Ah the boredom does become monotonous most of the time, but I found even going out to the shop I'd still be thinking of ways to win and turn a defeat into a victory. Working now has somewhat changed that, but even then, when I'm not able to play (see last week when an Steam update killed the game for me) I just couldn't stop thinking of ways to improve my team.

Even went so far as to have a ten-year plan written out on the back of one of the restaurants menus. Hope I can stick to it now :/

Hello, my name is Aaron and I'm a footballmanager-holic :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

having not played the game for 3 months, i played again last night.

season 2027/28, my real madrid team are still on a high after winning a glorious treble.

previous stints at zenit, shakhtar, bordeaux, werder, benfica and psv before landing the madrid job

Anyone have any hints on tactics? Im making tons of chances, my strikers are very wasteful, but I keep conceeding just before half time/full time which is a b!tch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Anyone have any hints on tactics? Im making tons of chances, my strikers are very wasteful, but I keep conceeding just before half time/full time which is a b!tch
    Sounds like concentration levels are dropping. What are your players' individual concentration stats like? Also, choose carefully what instructions you give to your players late in games. If you have 'retain possession' on and the other team is playing a high tempo game that can cause a problem.

As for the high ratio of missed chances, I feel your pain :(

Advertisement