Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good old ishibashi..

• 15-07-2006 5:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭

Got this J-Custom RG1680 last week, great bargain, thanks in part to ishibashis 20% sale. Got the email to them in the final hour of business on the last day of the sale too :D
    Picture004-1.jpg
    Picture018.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Sweet! How many J Customs is that now? Why's there no strap buttons though? Seems a little odd. Not to mention your cube is blushing. Guess it must be camera shy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

Strap buttons are recessed. Similar to the ones on your 8270, just more flush to the guitar, with a little pop in stud that attaches onto the strap.

That's odd, I didn't have recessed strap buttons. Seem to be regular sort Ibanez use. Of course, now it's fitted with a very fine cotton DiMarzio Cliplock strap. Very swish indeed. ;)

KarlHungus wrote:
    Of course, now it's fitted with a very fine cotton DiMarzio Cliplock strap
    Ah no, black leather all the way...mmm...kinky;)

Also, i dont mean you have recessed butons, just that the ones on this guitar work in the same way, a little stud pops into the hole in the button and locks in.

Right you are so, I don't think I've come across strap buttons like that before, so I'll just have to take your word for it. ;)

I love my strap though. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

How much was it landed? Did you get charged import fees? What pickups in it?

Aye, i was charged import fees as usual. Ishibashi put all the documentation on the package so youre very unlikely to slip through without getting stung (it does happen though).

Pickups are Paf Pro (neck), Steves special (bridge), and i cant remember off the top of my head the singlecoil.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,555 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

wow nice looking guitar that grain really goes well with that colour, bet it sounds like a beast.

in the first pic there how is the guitar staying on the stand? it's freaking me out a bit. don't want it dropping :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

That is one sexy guitar you've got there, how much did it set you back ?

It was very very affordable, i can think of a lot of crappy guitars you can buy for this kind of money. You couldnt buy an american strat for example, new or secondhand ;) The J-customs in musicianinc start at e2400 though i think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Woa, nice axe man. That colour is SWEET. It really really goes with the grain of the wood.

Advertisement