Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sustainable energy engineering!

• 30-08-2014 2:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

So I accepted my place on this course and im kinda nervous about it now. It wasn't my first choice and now that I have had a good look at it I'm worried about the level of maths in it. I barely scraped a pass in higher maths i mean by like 1% :P so im kinda worried about that. are many people in this course or starting it this year ? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭taytobreath

So I accepted my place on this course and im kinda nervous about it now. It wasn't my first choice and now that I have had a good look at it I'm worried about the level of maths in it. I barely scraped a pass in higher maths i mean by like 1% :P so im kinda worried about that. are many people in this course or starting it this year ? :)

If you did honours maths for the leavin you'll be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Digital Society

Pass in Honours Maths in LC = A or B Average in this course id say.

Most people did pass in the LC and get on more than fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭mooju

I am thinking about doing sustainable energy engineering as a mature student. I only got a C2 in ordinary Maths 8 years ago.
    I am just wondering will the Math be too much for me in this or is it manageable if you work at it?
    I heard electronic engineering etc the Maths is supposed to be very difficult so I am wondering if it is less intense for sustainable energy engineering??

Advertisement