Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keeping tabs of your betting history

• 24-02-2014 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭

Every season i keep track of my betting, how much i place & how much i win/lose. Been doing this for 5 years now and its a great way to keep your betting under control. By doing this ive been in profit at the end of each season. I find places singles & doubles rather than acca's produces the best results.

Does anyone else do anything similar or do most of you just bet & not keep tabs on what you are placing?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Austria!

I use open office version of excel. I think anyone not tracking their profit/loss is probably making the latter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭markc91

betdog.eu is where i keep track of mine would highly recommend it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

I use excel.

Anyone fancy attaching blank versions of the sheets they use? Always keen to see if I can organise/filter better

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭baddebt

I must start doing this , see how I fair out

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

markc91 wrote: »

I just started using this, cheers, it seems to give the results for you which is great. Gonna see in black and white how much i lose in gambling

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Rather than start a new thread just gonna use this one. Started tracking 10 days ago. Deposited 30. Try to keep low betting and cover betting to just to see how it goes for awhile. Highest day finish was 49(Was up to 54 that mid day tho) and lowest finish is 30 so breaking even which was today. Total bets has been 174. 67 winning. So 67/174 have come through

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Kyro

Rather than start a new thread just gonna use this one. Started tracking 10 days ago. Deposited 30. Try to keep low betting and cover betting to just to see how it goes for awhile. Highest day finish was 49(Was up to 54 that mid day tho) and lowest finish is 30 so breaking even which was today. Total bets has been 174. 67 winning. So 67/174 have come through

174 bets in 10 days?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭bradlente

Was planning on starting with excel this year but never got round to it,I want to have a decent grasp of it before I start so I don't have to try and learn it whilst I'm logging in bets.For the time being I've just been posting everything I do up somewhere,usually here.I usually come back to the posts later on and sum them up whether they've won or lost.It's not efficient or very accurate but it's better than nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Kyro wrote: »
    174 bets in 10 days?

Yes but some would be cover. I.e Goal before 63rd,goal after 63rd. Both over evens etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭wowy

I use an excel spreadsheet found here:

http://www.aussportsbetting.com/tools/betting-tracker-excel-worksheet/

It's very useful, and give very detailed information.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

markc91 wrote: »

They are sports only, no racing right?

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭PuntersAdvice

I use excel and have it set to automatically calculate, profit, ROI, Yield, ect and I can filter it by different type of bets, league, bookmakers, ect.

If you spend about 20 minutes on google you can find out how to do this also.

Its a great way to identify those bets you love to make but lose money on and highlights markets you might have an edge in.

Basically if you are not keeping track of your bets you probably would be very surprised at how much money you have lost.

Advertisement