Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

6 month old beer!

• 17-10-2004 12:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭

Just found some cans of Stella with a best before date of April 2004, what do yiz think, down the hatch or down the sink? :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Not too sure if i'd risk it... but then again, there's a 3 year old bottle of Guinness in my press too!

But that ain't looking too tempting!

EDIT: I'm wrong 'bout the best before date on the Guinness, it's 20-04-97 (!!), anyone dare me to drink it? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

down the hatch

it's not as if stella can get much worse anyways. Who knows it might get better with time like a fine wine :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

guess it comes down to one thing.. how broke are u?!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,001 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Change the thread title to 'Six Months Dead Beer'.

The youngest beer I have seen had a +15 months expiry date.

If you do not mix the beer with any other intoxicant, you will be able to ascribe the subsequent effects accordingly.

I once consumed an elegant sufficiency of such a beer, and was sorry, but the experiment was not sufficently scientific to definitively blame the beer - Ethyl was present in a few other, more potent, disguises.

Suffice it to say, I have never repeated the experiment with such a moribund specimen.

However, I admit to not having always checked the expiry date before total depletion of the container.

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭C Fodder

Dont worry just seen a local shop selling Bud on special. Its got a 04 2004 best before also but then again with Bud its probably best before never.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

C Fodder wrote:
    with Bud its probably best before never.
    he he good wan!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 halfhead

how did you let the beer go out of date?
    shame on ya

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

down the hatch or down the sink? :D

Down the hatch, if its that bad that it belongs down the sink I'm sure it'll find its way there of its own accord...now where the puking smilie?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

The hatch it is so! :D Well, it is 7.30 on a Sunday morning afterall.

Mmmmmmnn, yummy!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Well, you can always try some, and THEN if it's putrid, throw it out.

Nothing bad will come from a little mouthfull.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,494 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

C Fodder wrote:
    Dont worry just seen a local shop selling Bud on special. Its got a 04 2004 best before also but then again with Bud its probably best before never.

Saw this on a beer list of a pub in Belgium...

Budweiser - a beer brewed for rednecks who neither know nor care what they drink.

Classness!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Best thing to do is pour it into a glass. If it looks ok work away...

I was told the ingredients all start to seperate stuff goes to the top other stuff to the bottom after expiry date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

Neck It!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

...Monday, 2.25pm... I wonder if he's dead?

Advertisement