Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

CID QUESTION

Options
  • 27-05-2015 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭

I thought that I would be awarded CID once I sign my contract in September as ice done two years in my school. I spoke with my principal and he said that I'm not actually entitled to CID because my first contract wasn't signed until the end of October and therefore once I sign a new contract in September I have technically don't two full contracted years. He wasn't able to tell me if I will be awarded CID come this date in October 2015 or if I'd have to wait until I sign another contract in September 2016. Can anyone clarify this for me? I'm really concerned that if I have to wait until September 2016 there will no longer be hours for me in the school as we will have lost an exceptionally large year group and will be over quota.

I'm really stressed out about this. I love my job there and really don't want to have worries about its security. I rang ASTI but never got a call back and it's being playing in my mind.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭theLuggage

Ring the union again. When did you actually start working in the school? If it was before the Oct then I can't see when you actually signed the contract matters, it should have been issued earlier. If it was the Oct when you actually started then yes come Oct 2015 you will be entitled to apply for your CID.

I know someone who was a midyear start and they had to wait for the time of year they started. They were awarded their CID no probs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

I work with two people who are getting their CID next August and we all signed our contracts just after October. Next year we have to sign co tracts before the school year starts in order to contribute towards CID, but as far as I know that doesn't apply to previous years.

Check page 9 of the recent ASTI newsletter for all the contract info you need and give them a call if the principal is playing hardball. At the same time, the principal isn't obliged to give you another contract.

Advertisement