Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

World Championship 2015

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Myrddin wrote: »
    Piss poor coverage by the BBC as been the current trend of late, breaking coverage of a live game for regular programming is unforgivable. What happened to them, given how infrequent Snooker is on the tv they used to offer much more comprehensive coverage :( Between this & the F1 coverage they've really gone downhill.

Devils advocate: Maybe they think the red button is so widely available on all viewing methods in the UK they still offer full coverage.

I agree though, BBC coverage of sport has gone down the toilet, always so rushed after games (of any sport) just so they can show a rerun of homes under the hammer or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Yep, those 1960's films aren't gonna show themselves (there's one on bbc 2 right now). Madness, an hour yesterday evening was a joke.

@Dozen Wicked Words, yep that may be it, & they're pushing the red button more in the UK as it's the UK audience that funds the BBC via license subscriptions, so why bother elsewhere. I can see the argument, it's just in comparison to the BBC of old, todays efforts are pathetic.

I have an old unused Sky Dish so might just dig the old Sky box out of the shed & use it to watch the red button coverage.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,699 ✭✭✭Nuts102

Ding from 5-1 down looked very good despite struggling to close it out he could go all the way he looks better prepared than ever before at the Crucible.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭tanko

Myrddin wrote: »
    Yep, those 1960's films aren't gonna show themselves (there's one on bbc 2 right now). Madness, an hour yesterday evening was a joke.

@Dozen Wicked Words, yep that may be it, & they're pushing the red button more in the UK as it's the UK audience that funds the BBC via license subscriptions, so why bother elsewhere. I can see the argument, it's just in comparison to the BBC of old, todays efforts are pathetic.

I have an old unused Sky Dish so might just dig the old Sky box out of the shed & use it to watch the red button coverage.

I can get the red button here along with all the other free stations, is that just because I'm near the border and get it from the north?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

I have red button in Dublin. Comes up every year but once you are on the red button I don't think the bbc coverage from the crucible can be beaten. They figure everyone who pays licence few has full live coverage on red or iplayer

They will ramp up and cover most of the semis and all of the final on bbc2.

• Advertisement

Was expecting ronnie to blow away matthew stevens. But stevens is 2-0 up.

Didn't realise stevens had a masters and a uk as well as losing two world finals so almost the bbc triple crown. He really slipped down the rankings then.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,772 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Four in a row for Ronnie, he's threatening to run away with it.

Stevens nearly deserved the frame for that first pot alone.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,772 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Ronnie stole that frame, Stevens really needs this last frame to have any chance of winning this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

Allen looks dead and buried now :(

seanhynes wrote: »
    Allen looks dead and buried now :(

Until that pink missed. Should go to the decider now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭eeepaulo

That final red is a lovely snooker, he will never try to pot it

Tense stuff...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Black Menorca

Ronnie was close to breaking point after only two frames.

His inner Diva is in overdrive.

I'd love Stevens to come back and tonk him.

Shame Mark Allen went AWOL tonight, not for the first time.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭sammy37

A bit of a joke the bbc are not showing all of this mornings snooker and instead have devoted bbc 1 and the red button to the marathon.Surely they could have left the snooker on the red button at least.They did the same last night when they cut off to go to a repeat of Dads Army which must be 40 years old by now.Are they losing interest in the snooker i wonder?

Ronnie the diva is 7-3 up and when a pot doesn't go in he's banging his cue, gurning in anger and being a bit of a k.n.o.b.

Come on Matthew!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Ronnie the diva is 7-3 up and when a pot doesn't go in he's banging his cue, gurning in anger and being a bit of a k.n.o.b.

Come on Matthew!

Not a fan of Ronnie then :rolleyes:

Can't stand him to be honest. He never appreciated the talent he was born with and is the most miserable looking so and so at a snooker table. Even Graham Dott smiles every now and then.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Is that a full size table Steve is using between frames?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Passenger

Ding v Higgins yesterday was very good.

It's kinda hard not to like Ronnie considering how incredible he is to watch when on the table.
    Is that a full size table Steve is using between frames?

You'd imagine so considering he's using it for demonstrations etc.

• Advertisement

There seems to be a lot of action on the tables at the minute in nearly every match, more than the players expect. A lot of times balls are zipping off the cushions and they are over running for position.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

what did Ronnie do ? seems to have made a gesture after missing a shot and got a warning from ref?

syngindub wrote: »
    what did Ronnie do ? seems to have made a gesture after missing a shot and got a warning from ref?

Not sure what he did, but are we surprised?

His inner dive demands attention.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

Snooker needs a bit of diva to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,792 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Robertson quietly going about his business in his two games. Think he might be a 2 time world champion next week

• Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Passenger

paulie21 wrote: »
    Robertson quietly going about his business in his two games. Think he might be a 2 time world champion next week

Given how the Championship draw is set out, it could easily be a Robertson v O'Sullivan final.

GreNoLi wrote: »
    Snooker needs a bit of diva to be fair.

Yes but the self obsessed strops from Ronnie are getting very old at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Live coverage ends in order to show highlights of a marathon :rolleyes:

I think Ronnie made a lewd kind of 'jerking' motion with his cue in frustration, & that's what caused the warning. Robertson looks to be playing sweetly too....a Ronnie/Robertson final?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭RoadhouseBlues

I'd love to see Anthony McGill get as far as the final. He seems a very likeable lad. I predict a 147 between now and the last session on Wednesday:-):-):-). And as usual. I will probably miss it.

• Advertisement

Trump is in great form here, he could finish Fu tonight the way he's playing.

Advertisement