Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Anyone interested in a class on digital and sequential art?

Options
  • 16-03-2012 3:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭

Hi, my names Nick and I'm going to be running a ten week course in the city centre (Abbey street) this summer on digital and sequential art.

skills I'll be covering include...

* improving basic drawing skill
    * layout and storyboarding
    * concept art basics and tips
    * painting in photoshop
    * matte painting and digital manipulation
    * sequential art and story telling
    * traditional painting theory

There will be an optional life drawing class after the class that will also run for ten weeks.

€120 for ten weeks
    €150 for ten weeks with life drawing
    Classes will be on saturday afternoons and possibly one evening a week.

For some examples of my work go to http://decepticon-joe.deviantart.com/gallery/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42 PhantomShrimp

nicolo wrote: »
    Hi, my names Nick and I'm going to be running a ten week course in the city centre (Abbey street) this summer on digital and sequential art.

skills I'll be covering include...

* improving basic drawing skill
    * layout and storyboarding
    * concept art basics and tips
    * painting in photoshop
    * matte painting and digital manipulation
    * sequential art and story telling
    * traditional painting theory

Hey Nick,

This used to be a dream of mine but I haven't picked up a pencil/stylus/piece of charcoal in about 8 years! I would be very interested in this but worry about not being good enough.

Do you have to have a bit of experience to take this course? I'm sure I can find the time to start sketching again between then and now?

Thanks,
    PS

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭nicolo

Heya!
    I've been teaching art and music on and off for about ten years, I've a Hdip in animation I'm currently completing a BA in digital design and I worked as a graphic designer for several years. I've also been working as a freelance illustrator for about ten years.

Don't worry bout skill level, these classes will be focused on giving new skills to people of all levels

• Registered Users Posts: 11 _Leary_

Hey Nick, I could be very interested in this. I assume you'll need a minimum number of people you need before you'll go ahead with the class?

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

Id def be interested in this is it still going ahead?

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭nicolo

Heya guys, Yeah this is going ahead from June 7th, if you want to email me at nicolocassidy ( at) yahoo.co.uk I'll give you's more information. at the moment the class holds ten and theres a few spaces left, it's €120 for ten weeks or €100 if you introduce someone else to the class.

I'm afraid the life drawing segment if going to be delayed but I'll get it sorted at some stage. cheers!

• Advertisement
Advertisement