Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Youths Rugby

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭KJY

ormond lad wrote: »
    Very good achievement. Cant recall it being done before. There has been a few occasions where clubs have won both u16/18 and 17/19 provincial titles in the one season but I don't think any club has been on both All Ireland finals in the one season.

'Park did 3 years ago but the 19's final wasn't played.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭backgreen

Are they changing the ages back to 18s,20s next year??
    up in the air at the moment..a previous post said only 21s going back to july cut off in leinster.but i have heard in munster going to 18/20 1st jan..nothing definite yet but it could mess the all-ireland next season

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭ormond lad

Are they changing the ages back to 18s,20s next year??
    It is being looked at.
    KJY wrote: »
    'Park did 3 years ago but the 19's final wasn't played.
    Waterpark won 19s provincial title but no all Ireland was played that season and never had been planned to be played that season
    backgreen wrote: »
    up in the air at the moment..a previous post said only 21s going back to july cut off in leinster.but i have heard in munster going to 18/20 1st jan..nothing definite yet but it could mess the all-ireland next season
    I don't think Munster will go back to 18s/20s though it is being looked at.

Nenagh won east u13 cup beating Kilfeacle in final this moning 13-12

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭munsterman96

i hope its back to 18s,20s with cut off date Jan. Whats the reasoning for changing them around??

i hope its back to 18s,20s with cut off date Jan. Whats the reasoning for changing them around??
    Why do you hope it changes back?
    Try get more clubs fielding at older age groups I imagine. Quite a few clubs have not fielded or struggled a lot at 19s since the change.
    On to results:
    Nenagh won East Munster u13 cup beating league champs Kilfeacle in Kilfeacle today 13-12.
    Midleton defeated Dolphin 33-17 in South Munster under 19 development cup with Kinsale winning the under 19 South Munster phase 2 league after a 16-10 win against Mallow while Kinsale also won the under 15 South Munster development cup after a 7-5 win against Sundays Well.

• Advertisement

it would benefit my club hugely as we do struggle to field 19s and the players that are overaged for 19s wouldnt be near senior standard and our j2 setups a joke

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭BigHeel

The All Irelands next week are
    U17 Sligo RFC v Navan RFC 1.30 p.m.
    U19 Bandon RFC v Navan RFC 3.00 p.m.
    in Naas.

it would benefit my club hugely as we do struggle to field 19s and the players that are overage for 19s wouldnt be near senior standard and our j2 setups a joke
    What club are you with again? Play at 21s or if you can enter another junior team
    BigHeel wrote: »
    The All Irelands next week are
    U17 Sligo RFC v Navan RFC 1.30 p.m.
    U19 Bandon RFC v Navan RFC 3.00 p.m.
    in Naas.
    Any opinion on who'll win?
    IMO Navan are favourites for 19s and don't know about 17s poss Navan again.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 slatterg

IMO Navan are favourites for 19s

Whys that?

slatterg wrote: »
    Whys that?
    A lot of squad won 17s all Ireland last year. They've been very impressive this year(not saying Bandon have not). Just put them slight favourites if I had to pick a winner

• Advertisement

Clonakilty, club wont finance § u21

Clonakilty, club wont finance § u21
    ye have 3 adult rugby teams. they can play j1 in senior 2nds league or j2 and j2 set up isn't too bad.
    a change to 18s/20s will not happen unless schools also change and they will not as they lose out on a year of players

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭BigHeel

Any opinion on who'll win?
    IMO Navan are favourites for 19s and don't know about 17s poss Navan again.[/QUOTE]

I think Navan can and probably will win both.

ye have 3 adult rugby teams. they can play j1 in senior 2nds league or j2 and j2 set up isn't too bad.
    a change to 18s/20s will not happen unless schools also change and they will not as they lose out on a year of players

we only have 2 ,and the j2s dont train its a joke, o really thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭backgreen

A lot of squad won 17s all Ireland last year. They've been very impressive this year(not saying Bandon have not). Just put them slight favourites if I had to pick a winner
    i was at last years 17/19 finals,navan at u17 were very good but they relied a lot on fergal cleary who is not with them this year,the bandon/shannon munster final last year was tougher for shannon than malone in the all/ireland...will be very close final i think

5 or maybe more lads from 'Park made the Youths squad. some very powerful forwards, would imagine them to have a few starters in the pack and Maybe the outhalf

we only have 2 ,and the j2s dont train its a joke, o really thanks
    really. was full sure ye have 3 adult sides. whT comp does your j2 side compete in
    backgreen wrote: »
    i was at last years 17/19 finals,navan at u17 were very good but they relied a lot on fergal cleary who is not with them this year,the bandon/shannon munster final last year was tougher for shannon than malone in the all/ireland...will be very close final i think
    I saw that Navan side once and to say they relied on fergal cleary a lot is not that true and while of course they'll miss him a lot I just think they'll edge bandon in the end and from talking to some people who went to u19 all Ireland last year(I saw the Munster final) I wouldn't say at all that the Munster final was tougher for Shannon Saints than the All Ireland final.
    5 or maybe more lads from 'Park made the Youths squad. some very powerful forwards, would imagine them to have a few starters in the pack and Maybe the outhalf
    Squad to be named in 3 or 4 weeks and will be on Munster website soon after

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭lurtz

whats conor ryan,the ex navan 8 doing now?

really. was full sure ye have 3 adult sides. whT comp does your j2 side compete in

I saw that Navan side once and to say they relied on fergal cleary a lot is not that true and while of course they'll miss him a lot I just think they'll edge bandon in the end and from talking to some people who went to u19 all Ireland last year(I saw the Munster final) I wouldn't say at all that the Munster final was tougher for Shannon Saints than the All Ireland final.

Squad to be named in 3 or 4 weeks and will be on Munster website soon after

I was talking to a few of the lads and I'm pretty sure that's the final squad

I was talking to a few of the lads and I'm pretty sure that's the final squad
    It is and it isn't. Normally 5 or 6 players are added to the squad for 1 reason or another like players move to A schools, lose form whatever. That's what seems to happen every year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭Dave Joyce

sligo have beaten all very convincingly in connacht this year and that team have been dominant through the various years

Jaysus, THAT is VERY selective and while Sligo did indeed deserve the win in Galway against Corinthians, I thought Corinthians didn't do themselves any favours and didn't play to their ability at all that day. Secondly, I'd check back over the stats if I was you as I'd say BOTH sides were dominant "through the various years" NOT JUST SLIGO!!! In fact I'd say the stats would come down in Corinthians favour!

Dave Joyce wrote: »
    Jaysus, THAT is VERY selective and while Sligo did indeed deserve the win in Galway against Corinthians, I thought Corinthians didn't do themselves any favours and didn't play to their ability at all that day. Secondly, I'd check back over the stats if I was you as I'd say BOTH sides were dominant "through the various years" NOT JUST SLIGO!!! In fact I'd say the stats would come down in Corinthians favour!
    Dave couldn't you have quoted who made the post that you quoted instead of making me look through the thread to see who made the post :P
    Just looked through this seasons results and whoever said that was quite wrong both Sligo and Corinthians were clearly the 2 strongest at 17s this season looking on results and in previous seasons were strongest

Munster Youths v Munster Schools game scheduled for tonight in CIT moved to Saturday in Rockwell.
    http://www.munsterrugby.ie/domestic/news/11840.php

and n9 Definitley

rumour has it that its pretty likely that the ages are changing in munster

rumour has it that its pretty likely that the ages are changing in munster
    Dont think so and hope not as if age groups are different in each province it totally messes up all ireland series and a change from the current system leads to more work for coaches to find players capable of playing representative rugby at provincial and national level

and n9 Definitley

Yup, the backrow, the 9 and 10 and the two props, although I think one of them will be playing hooker, presumably because of the Clon prop. Presume Clon have a fair few as well?

Yup, the backrow, the 9 and 10 and the two props, although I think one of them will be playing hooker, presumably because of the Clon prop. Presume Clon have a fair few as well?

clon only have 2 players which i find fairly crazy.Were you at park and clon match any others you think could make it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭opinionatedfan

U19 Darcy Cup Final: Gorey V Mullingar on April 27th in Donnybrook.

• Advertisement

clon only have 2 players which i find fairly crazy.Were you at park and clon match any others you think could make it

Only the first half of the first match, but surely if they seem to be an equal or better team you'd imagine they'd have more. Can't say any of those 'Park lads aren't deserving of their place though. There was a few on the initial squad who I was sceptical about but those lads all deserve it. I'm sure more of yere lads would be involved

Advertisement