UAE, DUBAI/SABIS TEACHING!! - Page 126 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

27-05-2015, 19:10   #1876
vanilla_bean

Quote:
Originally Posted by M442 View Post
KG teachers teach English (the alphabet basically) Maths (numbers, shapes and colours). there is music and PE but not in a serious way. You think of songs/games to play yourself with them. There is no swimming in KG. Its grand really.
Many school do swimming in KG but the PE teacher does it with them. The class teacher does have to get the kids changed before and after though.

KG this year has gotten a lot tougher for the kids this year, they now have 2 written tests every week and one computer test. English consists of teaching them to memorize a certain number of sentences per week, type them in a computer test (with absolutely no assistance) and then write the missing word in their written test.

Maths, on top of number, colour, shape etc involves mental maths where they basically have to memorize up to 30 sums a week and then write the answer in a timed, written test.

It's fine, I enjoy it but it definitely is not as easy as it was in previous years and it will only become more difficult as they experiment with different ways to test the kids. It is very tough on the kids with poor memory and attention.

BTW, we didn't find out what grades we were assigned until near the end of the first week of training.
Advertisement
Yesterday, 16:50   #1877
SarahHooli

Hi guys,

I've been offered a job with SABIS in Dubai, Investment Park. When I signed my contract the interviewer said becauseI didnt have a teaching qualification I could only teach infants, is this KG or just above KG?

Also, when i got my degrees attested at the Dept of Foreign Affairs and Arab-Irish chamber it cost me a fortune!! Was this the same for everyone??

Thanks x

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion