Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reading Outdoors

• 25-05-2015 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

Move this is its not relevant in this section.

I was thinking of getting a thread together of places people find good for some peace and quiet to read but outdoor rather than being stuck inside.

I am going to check out a nice place today near my home (53.469019, -7.882118) its a marina where there is little to distract you. This is the kind of places I am looking for (forests, marinas, quiet city hideouts). I got such cabin fever while trying to get through a good bit of Game of Thrones last week and just though some reading outdoors in the fresh air would be nice.

Gary

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 LadyWarrior

Yeah, reading outside is good alright, usually I like to go to a coffee shop where they have chairs placed outside for the clientele. Always good having a coffee and reading a good book.

Are you also watching the show (GOT)?

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭wreade1872

Oh god no! i can't read outside, even with my ereader which is a lot kinder on the eyes than a paper book, but i'll still end up with a splitting headache.
    With a paperbook i last about 5 minutes in the sun before i get a headache, with an ereader i can last an hour but the headache will still get me later on even if its delayed awhile.

Advertisement