Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Cupcakes :D Can't wait to eat a Chocolate one :D

They look messy, it was my first attempt at making them, so I wasn't fussed how they look, just as long as they tasted nice, which they do.

I need to get a different type of white/brown chocolate for the chocolate chips though, any recommendation? In these ones I used a white lindt bar with vanilla.

This one http://www.lindt.com/uk/swf/eng/products/excellence/creamy-white/

efqs69.jpg

Close up

24qiao3.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Posy wrote: »
    You mean you didn't get my P... eh, never mind. ;)

not creepy enough, try again :pac:

GOD DAMNIT! I want to lose weight, this thread is making me so hungry all the time! It's giving me cravings for cryin' out loud! :eek:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I want cupcakes now!!! :mad:
    krudler wrote: »
    I spent nearly all of my 20's in relationships, from 20 to 29 my relationships went like this, 2.5 years, 3 years, about 14 months on and off and 2.5 years, so thats ALL of my 20s spent in relationships with a few months here and there being single, I was a relationship hoor :pac: now I'm just having fun with it and not putting myself on a clock to meet someone, hell I could meet the person I'll marry at 40, ya never know :)
    Oh God, the whole 'spending my twenties in relationships' nearly gave me a panic attack! I'm just not a 'relationshippy' kind of person. :o

I will never get married so at least there has never been any pressure on me to meet 'Mr. Right' and have a big wedding. :)

Well the chocolate ones are horrible. :(

My own fault though, I put the chocolate in and shouldn't have really. Should have made a different mixture with less flour rather than use a bit of the mixture and add in 50g cocoa.

Least I know for next time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I want cupcakes now!!! :mad:

Oh God, the whole 'spending my twenties in relationships' nearly gave me a panic attack! I'm just not a 'relationshippy' kind of person. :o

I will never get married so at least there has never been any pressure on me to meet 'Mr. Right' and have a big wedding. :)

I think its easier knowing I dont plan on being here later in the year so can just do the dating thing with no real commitment, but anyone I've met recently I've told them that straight away that I intend on leaving the country, be unfair otherwise in case it got to the point where they wanted something more. I've put off way too many things in life because I felt I was tied to someone or put relationships first, that wasnt their fault purely mine, but this year I'm changing things for the better for me and nobody else. Now if I could just figure out what the hell it is I want to do with my life I'd be sitting pretty..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

I think I have morning sickness :(
    I was feeling fine, now I feel I could puke in an Olympics pukeaton. And win.

FML

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

I think I have morning sickness :(
    I was feeling fine, now I feel I could puke in an Olympics pukeaton. And win.

FML

:(

Is she hot?! :pac:

She's a redhead, nommm :D

krudler wrote: »
    I think its easier knowing I dont plan on being here later in the year so can just do the dating thing with no real commitment, but anyone I've met recently I've told them that straight away that I intend on leaving the country, be unfair otherwise in case it got to the point where they wanted something more..
    Where are you going to- or are there no definite plans yet?
    Now if I could just figure out what the hell it is I want to do with my life I'd be sitting pretty..

Not knowing what I want to do with my life has me in a crappy job for far too many years. It's scarily easy to get comfortable in a job and get to the 'holy crap, I've worked here HOW LONG!!??' stage without realising how quickly time has passed.
    I've always been so jealous of people who have been sure of what they wanted to do, profession wise, since they were teenagers. The feckers. :p

• Advertisement

Where are you going to- or are there no definite plans yet?

Not knowing what I want to do with my life has me in a crappy job for far too many years. It's scarily easy to get comfortable in a job and get to the 'holy crap, I've worked here HOW LONG!!??' stage without realising how quickly time has passed.
    I've always been so jealous of people who have been sure of what they wanted to do, profession wise, since they were teenagers. The feckers. :p

Thats exactly where I am now, I'm actually just tempted to hand in my months notice and leave, **** it, whats the worst that can happen? I go on the dole for a bit, sell my car and put all my energy into getting the hell out of here, lifes way too short to be stuck in a sh1t job, cos lets be honest, when you're dead you dont get a refund for all those years you spent being unhappy. I've been off for almost 3 weeks and have been so much more productive and happy than I've been in months knowing I dont have to get up for a soul sucking job every morning, I'm sleeping better, my appearance is better, I've put on a healthy bit of muscle from exercising all the time and eating right instead of coffee and chocolate every day in an office.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

We have decided to keep Bear :D

He is such a pup... earlier knocked a box of cotton buds over ate the ends off them and just left the blue bits all over the house. Then after their dinner he brought all the food bowls into his bed. Its adorable. He does it with teddies, toys and anything else he can find :)

Krudler what's stopping you then? Seriously you've hit the nail on the head when you say life is too short to be unhappy? You're not gonna be here in another few months, fock them. Take some time out for yourself

We have decided to keep Bear :D
    Yaaay, that's great. :)

Right im imposing my boards exile again :pac: before I go, I'll just leave this here, a bear and wolf battle for cuteness supremacy:

Right, I have to be up in the morning so better hit the hay.
    Operation 'Get More than Five Hours Sleep a Night 2012' not going well so far. :rolleyes:

Night all! :)

I haven't been up this late in a long time, so that's a nai nai from me :o

You all suck :( there'll be nobody around to distract my sick head at this rate

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

Links234 wrote: »
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=77002538&postcount=2799

in case anyone's ever wondered what I look like :o

Links you are gorgeous! :)<3
    FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    Krudler, it has been remiss of you not to provide us with a catchy nickname for her yet.

We had PinkHeels' gradual transformation from HLG to Z, we expect the same from you.

Awh! Best of luck Krudler. Not seen PinkHeels posting in ages, hope she's ok!

Date last night was a right laugh. I got slagged for my quaint Irish accent and I slagged them off for being American. Sore head today, but I'm smiling because I got nice muscley boy cuddles! :D

*swoon*

Daegu this weekend for some charity speed dating. I'm so excire!

HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYONE!

Is anyone else dying with the heat?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

it's nice to have protein shakes for brekky again
    about the only thing that actually keeps me full and means i dont start eyeing up the pastries at work

has anyone been to this himalayan beauty place in SSG?

http://www.todaysdeals.ie/Index.aspx?dlid=244&referer=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mydealpage.ie%2F

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭mariebeth

Good morning loungers :-) as of 2 this afternoon I'll be halfway through my semester. 6 weeks left, kinda scary! 3 months today and I'll be finished my final exams :-o 1 essay handed up, 5 to go & I'm 1,000 words in to the next! skipping my first lecture this morning & hiding in the library. the way I'm going on this essay I could have it finished this morning. it's flowing really well for me!

have a date/non date with the guy from work today. it's our second time meeting up outside of work so I'm hoping today I'll figure out if he's interested or just being friendly! hope everyone has a great Friday :-)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I'm in the noisiest office in the world.

Thank feck it's Friday, really looking forward to some R&R before next week which will be ridiculously busy.

I need to plan a few holidays, I have lots of days but no money. Already have a day booked to take a day trip up to Dublin to see Avenue Q. Two adults driving 4 hours in a day, leaving their child with grandparents to go to a puppet show - being a grown up is just as awesome as I had always hoped.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

@mariebeth......Good woman:)

Just got 2 essays yesterday to do...
    Not too bad as have until March 23rd to do them. Really hope they flow as well as yours cos have exams march 5-9th so ideally would like them out of the way!!:)

Why didn't I get an early night last night?
    I'm such an idiot. :(
    Damn you insomnia!

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭mariebeth

@mariebeth......Good woman:)

Just got 2 essays yesterday to do...
    Not too bad as have until March 23rd to do them. Really hope they flow as well as yours cos have exams march 5-9th so ideally would like them out of the way!!:)

I'm sure they will!

about ready to slap some of the people working here. we have to be quiet & they're over to one side having a great chat :-( grrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Semele

Marian Keyes has a book coming out called Saved by Cake- I read this review of it in the Standard yesterday and immediately thought of this thread (and its more cakey predecessor). It's basically a collection of the recipes that have helped her through her chronic depression, when, to quote "To be perfectly blunt about it, my choice sometimes is: I can kill myself or I can make a dozen cupcakes."

I've haven't read much of her stuff but I think she's been so groundbreaking in talking so honestly about her depression, especially when it could have done her professional image a lot of damage. I also love that she has retained so much humour in talking about very painful topics. There's a link to a blog entry by her here . It's a bit of a strange read, because it's so full of life, yet there is nothing redemptive in it- it's not a sad tale that ends well, it just keeps on going...

Anyway TL/DR: I was thinking about Marian Keyes. And Cake. Mostly cake!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

The Lovely Muffin you need chocolate chips to put them into cupcakes really, they keep their shape, use Aldi and Lidl chocolate, expensive ones like Lindt aren't needed and don't too well when heated like that as chunks in a cupcake.

Edit: They were white chocolate weren't they? White chocolate is a very different creature to dark/milk chocolate, definitely use white chocolate chips.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Links you are gorgeous!

Getting annoyed listening to someone criticising Micheal D Higgin's poetry..saying it's not poetry...does this guy not realise that art is subjective? Like who made him the boss of taste?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

First friday in months i wont be giving grinds till half nine..... :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement