Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Acoshla wrote: »
    Pancakes are the EASIEST things to make in the world, I fundamentally don't understand pancake mix when they are so easy!!

I'm just about to bake a cake for the inlaws, pear and summer fruits sponge, hope it turns out nice, my mother gave me the roughest of instructions over the phone about 5 mins ago :pac:

I'm gonna give it a go. Going to walk to the shop because we don't have flour and my brother wants Nutella on his so I have to get a jar of that too. I looked at 2 or 3 sets of instructions and it seems easy enough. I might post a pic later!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

1 cup of flour, one cup of milk and an egg. You can't go wrong:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Lucyfur wrote: »
    1 cup of flour, one cup of milk and an egg. You can't go wrong:)

Yeah mine is an egg per person and enough flour and milk to make it the right consistency, very technical ;)

Jane the first pancake is nearly always a dud for some reason, they always get better after it so don't worry if that one isn't right.

I had just painted nails and did the dishes, so now they're wrecked, poop.

The recipe I got was 100g flour, 1 egg, 300ml milk and a pinch of salt and that makes about 10-12 pancakes. I'm all excited now. Haven't really cooked anything since I did the Junior Cert in 2004. I'm trying to locate my Smart Cooking book because I had little notes from the teacher in it. I'm not great for cooking but following the recipes out of that book was so easy. :D

1 egg makes 10-12 pancakes? Hmm, that's a lot of pancakes for so little egg.

• Advertisement

So I was taking off my jumper yesterday when my ear piercing got caught in it and yanked. Bloody hell, did it hurt. There are two balls on each end - one that comes off and one that doesn't. Couldn't find the ball so presumed it had fallen off - came back to my family home and my mam yanked it out.. turns out the ball had gone into the lobe itself.

Ouch.

So I was taking off my jumper yesterday when my ear piercing got caught in it and yanked. Bloody hell, did it hurt. There are two balls on each end - one that comes off and one that doesn't. Couldn't find the ball so presumed it had fallen off - came back to my family home and my mam yanked it out.. turns out the ball had gone into the lobe itself.

Ouch.

:eek:

Should I use 2 eggs instead of 1 maybe??

Also boney, that must have hurt! :eek:

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    Should I use 2 eggs instead of 1 maybe??

Also boney, that must have hurt! :eek:

I just know I've always been told an egg per person, but sure go with that one if you want, pancake recipes don't have to exact so you can add another egg and more flour and milk after a few pancakes have been made if you need more mix.

Just found out a friend of a friend delivered her baby 3 weeks early today and the baby died, so sad. She had the same thing my mother had when she was pregnant with me and I was born two weeks early perfectly healthy, it's such a lottery.

It did hurt, yup.

• Advertisement

Acoshla wrote: »
    I just know I've always been told an egg per person, but sure go with that one if you want, pancake recipes don't have to exact so you can add another egg and more flour and milk after a few pancakes have been made if you need more mix.

Oh I see... I have either 2 or 3 people here. Maybe I'll use 2.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

safe house last night was really good :)

cup final time now :)

congrats ivy :)

I found chocolate chip cookie mix in the press... Going to try it. Also might try the pancakes later on. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

I found chocolate chip cookie mix in the press... Going to try it. Also might try the pancakes later on. :D

you're making lent really hard to stick with Jane :p

musical.x wrote: »
    you're making lent really hard to stick with Jane :p

Awh I'm sorry... But the cookies are in the oven and I'm feeling very proud of myself! :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Dammit cardiff :(

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Mollikins

Just a quick update to let ye know BabyTheTerrible is here! We're back home, and while I'm pretty tired and sore etc, I'm very very happy, he's gorgeous! Hopefully sometime in the next year I'll have time to catch up on this thread! :P
    Congrats Ivy! So glad he’s here safe and healthy. :)
    Mars Bar wrote: »
    Mollikins had it bang on.
    Yayy! Only guessed it because it was my own birth weight. Sorry Bluewolf! :o I never win anything.
    So can my prize be looking after BabyTheTerrible for a day? Guess there’s just the small matter of us living in a different country... :pac:

I had a dream last night that I absentmindedly ate the dogs chocolate drops. Then I stomped around the house cursing myself because I’m off chocolate for Lent! :D
    I think I have a problem! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Ophiopogon

I like a really light pancake so our recipe is 4 oz flour, one egg with milk and water to make 1/2 pint.

Don't really get any of the "ready made" baking mixes, just seem so expensive and doesn't come close to the really thing.

Really need to sort out my back and neck, haven't been looking after them at all lately and I'm starting to feel it. My neck has gotten much stiffer lately.

Ophiopogon wrote: »
    I like a really light pancake so our recipe is 4 oz flour, one egg with milk and water to make 1/2 pint.

Don't really get any of the "ready made" baking mixes, just seem so expensive and doesn't come close to the really thing.

Really need to sort out my back and neck, haven't been looking after them at all lately and I'm starting to feel it. My neck has gotten much stiffer lately.

I'm too lazy to walk to the shop so I think I might leave the pancakes for another day. Cookies seem to be turning out okay. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Dammit cardiff :(

:(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Mollikins wrote: »
    Yayy! Only guessed it because it was my own birth weight.
    Ha, mine too, I was 7lbs 1oz.. didn't guess it though, damn!

bubblefett wrote: »
    :(

*cries*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

Just a quick update to let ye know BabyTheTerrible is here! We're back home, and while I'm pretty tired and sore etc, I'm very very happy, he's gorgeous! Hopefully sometime in the next year I'll have time to catch up on this thread! :P

Big congrats Ivy, delighted he's finally here!! x

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Had a lovely day at the beach and walking by the seafront. Feel very refreshed and chilled out now.
    And hungry! :p

What does everyone think of my attempt at making cookies... I know it was Odlums mix but still.. :D

Cookies.jpg

yes game on :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

My mam just dropped in with Sunday dinner :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

What does everyone think of my attempt at making cookies... I know it was Odlums mix but still.. :D

Cookies.jpg

oh lord those are giant!!! i hope you have a giant mug of tea at the ready :D

musical.x wrote: »
    oh lord those are giant!!! i hope you have a giant mug of tea at the ready :D

They're massive! Only 2 left for my Mam. Had 3 of them with a big cup of milk... Heaven! :D

• Advertisement

What a final,I can't watch the shootout

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement