Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fred Flintstone woz 'ere

• 21-10-2010 8:23am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-11593005
    Stone Age door unearthed by archaeologists in Zurich

Archaeologists have found a "fantastically preserved" 5100-year-old door in the Swiss city of Zurich.
    The door could have been made in the year 3063 BC, chief archaeologist Niels Bleicher said.

WILMA!!!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭W.Shakes-Beer

Yes because Fred Flintstone was a door.

• It's this door ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

We should request Zurich changes its name to Bedrock now.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Imagine, THAT'S the door that caused Fred so much grief.............so many nights locked out of his own house when leaving out the sabretooth cat & Dino.

Why he never just went climbed back in the open windows I'll never know :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Kimono-Girl

Duggy747 wrote: »

Why he never just went climbed back in the open windows I'll never know :(

he was too fat! :p

is the door wood or stone? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭kiad

But the Bible says the World is only 3000 years old...I'm confused :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Funkfield

kiad wrote: »
    But the Bible says the World is only 3000 years old...I'm confused :confused:

The Bible is just so so wrong.

Nowadays, creationist scholars reckon the Earth is between 6,000 and 10,000 years old.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Ian Brown wanted to be one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

Funkfield wrote: »
    The Bible is just so so wrong.

Nowadays, creationist scholars reckon the Earth is between 6,000 and 10,000 years old.

Another reason why you shouldn't do acid!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Funkfield

FunkZ wrote: »
    Another reason why you shouldn't do acid!

There's a reason not to do acid?!?!? :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭flyton5

How do they know it was a door? I doubt there was a hinge or handles on it. I'm somewhat sceptical...

• Registered Users Posts: 33,548 ✭✭✭✭listermint

flyton5 wrote: »
    How do they know it was a door? I doubt there was a hinge or handles on it. I'm somewhat sceptical...

It Says 'Jacks' on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Des Carter

Denny M wrote: »
    We should request Zurich changes its name to Bedrock now.

First Eagle star then Zurich and now bedrock - accurately describes the direction of the financial markets.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭knird evol

Stonehenge was built in and around thirty centuries bc wasn't it. Hardly surprising they could make a door

• Des Carter wrote: »
    First Eagle star then Zurich and now bedrock - accurately describes the direction of the financial markets.
    Quagmire springs to mind, bedrock assumes good solid foundations, something the financial markets certainly DON'T have ;)

Advertisement