Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

SANTA STRIKE FORCE 2014! PLEASE DONATE AND SHARE!!!! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,108 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Finally got to donating, 20 lodged into the account. May be able to add more after payday but will have to see!

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭NyOmnishambles

We have transported almost 30 children on Angel Trips, a child's final journey on earth before they grow their Angel Wings. My son Liam had his own Angel Trip in May before he joined his sister Saoirse.

I don't have kids but Sweet Jesus that line about Angel trips is heart breaking

€50 donated payment ending 8737, if I had more you could gladly have it

Also fair play Beasty

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

€20 from myself and €20 from Mrs Seafields. (ending 2373E)

While Mrs Seafields was in labour this year I went out to the car for a break (twas tough going i tells ye :pac:) Tony Heffernan happened to be giving an interview to Pat Kenny and was discussing Angel trips. It really had a lump in my throat and gave me a little moment of how am I suppose to protect my pending arrival from everything bad in the world.

It's a fantastic project and worth every penny they get. And I'm sure all the other projects are too. Fair play to the SSF team again this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Been meaning to donate the last few years but unfortunately never got round to it. I'm not letting that happen this year and will donate as soon as I get paid this week. :)

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,285 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

jebforever wrote: »
    Been meaning to donate the last few years but unfortunately never got round to it. I'm not letting that happen this year and will donate as soon as I get paid this week. :)
    Well yesterday's offer is over and I'm not extending it....

....so I'll put in €20 for each poster who makes a pledge today (including jebforever's). Offer closes at midnight

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Lets do this :D

Just donated €20.00 last 4 digits 204W.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 neady31

50 yoyos donated - (transaction ending 50324K)

Fantastic cause.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Fair play Beasty :)

€20 transferred, ref ibarelycare SSF

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

donated 20 (I had donated already but didn't put it up so I should get this as a new pledge? right Beasty?)

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Ice Storm

Paypal donation made, transaction ID: 52V28098MK634284V

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

Beasty wrote: »
    Well yesterday's offer is over and I'm not extending it....

....so I'll put in €20 for each poster who makes a pledge today (including jebforever's). Offer closes at midnight

Ha. I was going to wait until payday to top up my donation, but I'll make sambos for work this week. Worth it to get a Beasty Bonus.

Twenty Neurons there: 0WB978214R1702643

• Registered Users Posts: 8,460 ✭✭✭blackwhite

Thread seems to have gone quiet today.

Have €50 to wake it up again.

Transferred online - reference "SSF - blackwhite"

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,285 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Well looks like 18 or so at €10 and 7 at €20 - €320 + 10% etc - let's round it up to €400 in case I've missed anyone

Keep them pledges coming everyone......

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭mgadget

1st sale!

ty kovox €3.50 9TS56157TA110462B
    mgadget wrote: »
    Spamming my ads here :) Annual SSF Adverts purge. Exchange your euros for stuff and things. All proceeds to SSF. Lowball offers welcome! Anything with an offer on it before 8 p.m. Saturday 13th is a done deal.

<
    Adverts. Click the link.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

€20 in the pot. :)

56875633YS6403024

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,199 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

So a bit of totting up :)

I count a total of €2788.50 pledged/donated in this thread (not including people who didn't include the amount in their post, and that's fine :))

and

Beasty has a total of 242 thanks in the thread so far :D

and

Ficheall has pledged 10% of Beasty's donation, which I make at €900 + 242 thanks = €1,142 which means another €114.2 (to be precise).

So that brings us to a total of €3,144.70 so far :D

Great going guys :)

Any mistakes are my fault :pac:

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

in less than 2 weeks... that's brilliant going

• Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Patser

Another €20 thrown in

1DC95453WR155062P.

Ok things have slowed up a bit so to try make it a bit more exciting, I'm throwing myself at the mercy of After Hours.

In a time honoured tradition, the highest donation in the next 36 hours (We'll say the cutoff is 12 noon Saturday) gets to choose my Username, as well as my my avatar and tagline if they please. I'll keep whatever they choose until the 1st of February 2015. (Nothing offensive allowed)

So get donating!

And be gentle

€100 donated for now. Hopefully I'll get more in over the Christmas, I donate to Simon too and have put a bit more than usual their way this year so I need to figure out the old finances cos they don't let me donate my body any more :D

Ref: xxxxxxxxxxxx1091D.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

No PayPal account but would love to donate, any suggestions??

No PayPal account but would love to donate, any suggestions??

You can lodge/transfer directly into the SSF Bank Account, details here :)

Ok things have slowed up a bit so to try make it a bit more exciting, I'm throwing myself at the mercy of After Hours.

In a time honoured tradition, the highest donation in the next 36 hours (We'll say the cutoff is 12 noon Saturday) gets to choose my Username, as well as my my avatar and tagline if they please. I'll keep whatever they choose until the 1st of February 2015. (Nothing offensive allowed)

So get donating!

And be gentle
    Right, I'll start off - I'll offer 23c to bring back an old favourite - Whoopsadaisyboobies:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Another 20 Europeans. Last four of code. 720H

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

€25 donated ... Transaction ID ending with 254P. Many thanks, keep up the good work. :)

Beasty wrote: »
    Right, I'll start off - I'll offer 23c to bring back an old favourite - Whoopsadaisyboobies:pac:

If we can raise €1,000 by 1:35am next Saturday morning then we have a deal :p

If we can raise €1,000 by 1:35am next Saturday morning then we have a deal :p
    It was ScienceNerd I wanted to take that username, as that would make the two of you the perfect pair ......

Haha whooosh. I shouldn't open boards when I'm drunk!!

So whoopsadaisydoodles wins the "make a fool out of ScienceNerd" competition :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Jerrica

My daughter was born in July this year. It's given me an awful lot of perspective on the work these amazing charities do, so I'd like to make up for not contributing as much as I should have in years gone by.

I'll match whatever Beasty donates + €1.

Advertisement