Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

social media and on the dole?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

What am I on about, I'm here skitting people who can't/don't work and here's me in school, I don't work either!... Sponging

....:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,688 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Ok Mr pedant we're not in the "MIDDLE" of one we are just (barely) out of one :rolleyes:

We've been out of one for some time now.

Google the growth numbers there for yourself.

All important economic indicators are in positive territory.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭draiochtanois

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭Autonomous

Take a couple hundred out of the bank and stick it in your wallet, take a photo and put it on fb, and say 'not a bad wage for a few hours work'

• Registered Users Posts: 25,348 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

padd b1975 wrote: »
    We've been out of one for some time now.

Google the growth numbers there for yourself.

All important economic indicators are in positive territory.

We are also part of the globe and there is still a global recession ;)

http://www.imf.org/external/pubs/ft/survey/so/2014/new040214a.htm
    The global economy is turning the corner of the Great Recession, although overall growth remains too slow and weak, IMF Managing Director Christine Lagarde said.

• Advertisement

We are also part of the globe and there is still a global recession ;)

http://www.imf.org/external/pubs/ft/survey/so/2014/new040214a.htm

You've already conceded the point that Ireland is no longer in recession.

You've already conceded the point that Ireland is no longer in recession.

Where did i say Ireland was or wasn't in recession? You jumped the gun and presumed i meant Ireland only, It's ok, I'm used to you doing that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

Irishguy16 wrote: »
    I have no time whatsoever for people who refuse to work when there are jobs out there.

Why do you assume he's turning down work?

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Lucy and Harry

Thousands of hard working people lost jobs and are on the dole.Hundreds apply for the few jobs that may pop up.Often jobs are advertised in Poland and not even in Ireland.Never bother apply for a job that says must have good English as they are after Poles who will work for less and will not join a Union.True story

Thousands of hard working people lost jobs and are on the dole.Hundreds apply for the few jobs that may pop up.Often jobs are advertised in Poland and not even in Ireland.Never bother apply for a job that says must have good English as they are after Poles who will work for less and will not join a Union.True story

I'm sure you have a raft of evidence to back this claim up?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

I'm sure you have a raft of evidence to back this claim up?
    He/She/They said true story. Already backed it up

He/She/They said true story. Already backed it up

Na she/he didn't add Brah at the end so insufficient evidence without it.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 gesler

the cannabis and dole threads should have their own forums,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭The Purveyor of Truth

I thought we were all on the dole.

Anyway, gotta go, that re-run of Starsky & Hutch go to Vegas won't watch itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,131 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

gesler wrote: »
    the cannabis and dole threads should have their own forums,

My guess they're strongly linked.

Anyway may be a very unpopular opinion but I believe a lot of people on the Dole aren't trying hard enough, nothing worse than seeing a Facebook status 'get me a job so if there are jobs out there '

It just stink of the lazy attitude I'm talking about

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

Anybody that posts on facebook that they must collect their dole is clearly proud of being on the dole. If I was collecting dole I'd barely tell my family, nevermind hundreds of people on facebook. I'd be mortified.

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    Anybody that posts on facebook that they must collect their dole is clearly proud of being on the dole. If I was collecting dole I'd barely tell my family, nevermind hundreds of people on facebook. I'd be mortified.

Why?

What's there to be ashamed of?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

Yeah OP, there's jobs out there, something like 25 people to one job advertised.

Where did i say Ireland was or wasn't in recession? You jumped the gun and presumed i meant Ireland only, It's ok, I'm used to you doing that.

Lol.

When backed into a corner, move the goalposts and throw in an ad hominem for good measure.

Lol.

When backed into a corner, move the goalposts and throw in an ad hominem for good measure.

No ad hominem there at all, As for backed into a corner? :rolleyes: ok

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

I have strong opinions on this and would love to give and in-depth answer, but I have to hurry out to collect me dole and get to the bookies before the races.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

I've been on the dole for 10 weeks now. I get my money today but most of my time will be spent on other things, including finding jobs.

Why the hell should I be embarrassed about being on the dole?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭denhaagenite

It's the ones on the dole, living in council houses and posting photos of their Irish Water letters with "No consent, no contract" written across them in big black capitals make me larf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I think il post a rant on Facebook about how I pay my taxes to fund scumbags on the dole, and for Enda Kenny to wear a fancy suit.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

It's the ones on the dole, living in council houses and posting photos of their Irish Water letters with "No consent, no contract" written across them in big black capitals make me larf.

Why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

When I was on the dole, I was so ashamed that I'd announce on social media that I was just nipping out to sign on the sex-offender's register.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭denhaagenite

Chucken wrote: »
    Why?

They have the audacity to call others out for being too lazy to protest the water charges but they can't seem to understand that if you're working 40+ hrs a week, it's probably more important to you to spend Saturday afternoon getting your house in order rather than protesting about a charge (not a tax) that is long overdue. Someone might be living the life of Reilly as a housewife having never worked a day in their lives with 3 children supported by the tax payer and a sperm donor who *of course* doesn't live with them but has fathered those 3 children, however others may be trying to set a proper example for their children and (since they work for it) know the value of healthcare, water, electricity, gas etc etc. I've even seen people living in council houses whinging about property tax!

If your wish to have a family and be a "full time Mommy" is 100% funded by the taxpayer then they will also be picking up your water bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭KungPao

Lazy bastards, the lot of them. Plenty of jobs out there, deli staff, cleaning staff etc. Just because you may have spent thousands getting a collage education, they think they they are too good to clean toilets in Supermacs.

€8.65 is a great wage, they should be happy to get that.

If not, just put your skills to good use by doing an internship and increase some company's profits. And for an extra €50, great life for them on that money.

Bloody scroungers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

They have the audacity to call others out for being too lazy to protest the water charges but they can't seem to understand that if you're working 40+ hrs a week, it's probably more important to you to spend Saturday afternoon getting your house in order rather than protesting about a charge (not a tax) that is long overdue. Someone might be living the life of Reilly as a housewife having never worked a day in their lives with 3 children supported by the tax payer and a sperm donor who *of course* doesn't live with them but has fathered those 3 children, however others may be trying to set a proper example for their children and (since they work for it) know the value of healthcare, water, electricity, gas etc etc. I've even seen people living in council houses whinging about property tax!

If your wish to have a family and be a "full time Mommy" is 100% funded by the taxpayer then they will also be picking up your water bill.

Fcuking hell! :pac:

I think the State would make far more revenue from a verbal and literary diahorrea charge than any water charges! :D

It might, just might, make people think twice before they offload with both barrels online.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,808 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Irishguy16 wrote: »
    I just logged into my Facebook account and noticed an acquaintance of mine put up a status saying "Busy day tomorrow, have to get my dole and then go into town". This status really annoyed me a lot. Does this person have no shame? Is he trying to glorify the fact that he gets free money? I have no time whatsoever for people who refuse to work when there are jobs out there. How is he not embarrassed about being on the dole and why is he letting his entire friend list know that he is lazy? If that was me I would be mortified.I'm not trying to start an argument because I know that not everyone on the dole is lazy and people do have the potential to get somewhere in life. I am temped to write him a status, but I know that I will lose the head completely and offend him

You're post is just nothing but utter horse****.
    There are genuine people out there who have had or have no choice but to do it.
    I had to do it during the crisis, was I embarrassed? No. I paid my taxes long before I went on it and used this as justification to actually go on the dole but more importantly I had to.. to SURVIVE.
    How you're post got 2 thanks is beyond me but you sound like such a tool writing stuff like that.

Advertisement