Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

OTB v3 - Revenge of the Banter Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

Is there anything more depressing then being back at work after long weekend and the sun baitin down outside!!! easy know the leaving cert is starting this week lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Leaving Cert weather always pulls it out of the bag for us. Nice one!

Trying to get sun cream on the kids is like trying to stuff eels into a black bag... wriggle wriggle...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

I don't think your friend is as straight as she lets on;).

I dunno now. It sounds like a weird thing to say but I know people who would say things like the as a joke or mean it differently to how it initially sounds. Also having been the one who fell for a friend I can't imagine coming out with something like that, especially if I were claiming to be straight.

That said if you're unsure Hybrid just talk to her. If it is a misunderstanding then it will get it sorted straight away and if it's not well then getting all this stuff out in the open and talking it out is the best thing to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Argh! I got into work, sales going very well, only to get a call telling me I have to be out at stephen's green to cover there. I have to be there in fifteen minutes. I'm at least 45 mins away. fml.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Nightmares from GoT? ;)

I knew that was coming, as I've read the books. Can only imagine how shocking it'd be for someone that hasn't!

Ah man stop shocked and appalled did not see that one coming at all. Great twist though aswell in fairness.

• Advertisement

Ah man stop shocked and appalled did not see that one coming at all. Great twist though aswell in fairness.

last 2 episodes have been class have to say!!! same as yu i was shocked didnt see it coming at all!! kind of raging too lol

i really wish there was more then episodes a series!! havin to wait till next yr again is gonna be a bloody killer!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Next weeks episode should also be fun... :D

was at work a few weeks ago, was the day after the Jaime Lannister incident!! and myself and one of the lads where talking about it like too giddy school girls lol when one of the lads (who has read the books but doesnt watch the series :eek:) turned around and said "Game of Thrones??? Has such and such died yet??"

NO!!!
    256792.jpg

What an Asshole haha :pac:

gregers85 wrote: »
    was at work a few weeks ago, was the day after the Jaime Lannister incident!! and myself and one of the lads where talking about it like too giddy school girls lol when one of the lads (who has read the books but doesnt watch the series :eek:) turned around and said "Game of Thrones??? Has such and such died yet??"

NO!!!
    https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/412483/256792.jpg

What an Asshole haha :pac:

There's no need for that!!! :mad:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

I took today off work. Frikkin' whopper :D

• Advertisement

jenizzle wrote: »
    I took today off work. Frikkin' whopper :D

unbelievably jealous!!! i just sat outside nd ate my lunch!! its unreal out there :(

Yeah it's actually getting a bit too warm now, but being stubborn, I'm not going back inside!

I'm sat in the office, looking out at it, with a cold breeze coming through the office somehow. Jealous Jen, very jealous!!!

Seriously consider sitting out a bikini it's so warm. Living in an estate with houses overlooking us from all sides I said I never would but damn it's a scorcher.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

What on earth was I thinking going out for a game of golf would be a good idea in this weather

The sun is beginning to creep around to the front of the house. Now the shadow-shuffle begins, inching the chair around to the side every few minutes, grasping onto the proper sunshine for dear life!

Well jealous of ya Jen, I'm stuck in work till 7. But then again I'm only in for one day so will be able to bask in it all day Wednesday and Thursday :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Im in the motor tax office and I just saw something that genuinely shocked me, and that takes a lot. In front of me there is a mother with her 3 children, the youngest being about 3 if even. The 3 year old os running riot, beating the bejayiz out of the other 2. I noticed something sparkling on her little finger, and when she finally kept her hand still I copped that it was a dermal. Im not joking. A dermal that was roaring red and blatantly infected. The family were Asian, and im only mentioning that because im not sure if its some sort of cultural tradition or something? Whatever it was for, it looked extremely painful.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Heh, watched a video review of the new Will Smith movie. Started with the reviewer crying and begging M Night Shyamalan to stop making movies :D

Im in the motor tax office and I just saw something that genuinely shocked me, and that takes a lot. In front of me there is a mother with her 3 children, the youngest being about 3 if even. The 3 year old os running riot, beating the bejayiz out of the other 2. I noticed something sparkling on her little finger, and when she finally kept her hand still I copped that it was a dermal. Im not joking. A dermal that was roaring red and blatantly infected. The family were Asian, and im only mentioning that because im not sure if its some sort of cultural tradition or something? Whatever it was for, it looked extremely painful.

Jesus Christ, wtf?! No three year old would ask for that so, unless like you said its a cultural thing, the parents are treating their child like a fashion accessory. I hate to think where it was done since most decent piercers won't even pierce a child's ears.

I suppose there is a chance that its cultural. I have a Nigerian friend and in her culture it's normal to pierce babies ears at few weeks old. Still though, cultural or not as I said no decent piercer would do that and I don't feel like any type of cultural traditions or heritage is worth essentially endangering the health of your child.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

It creeps the hell out of me seeing a baby with ear piercings. The dermal one though :eek:

Jesus Christ, wtf?! No three year old would ask for that so, unless like you said its a cultural thing, the parents are treating their child like a fashion accessory. I hate to think where it was done since most decent piercers won't even pierce a child's ears.

I suppose there is a chance that its cultural. I have a Nigerian friend and in her culture it's normal to pierce babies ears at few weeks old. Still though, cultural or not as I said no decent piercer would do that and I don't feel like any type of cultural traditions or heritage is worth essentially endangering the health of your child.

It was really bizarre, and it was definitely a dermal. The kids were really rough housing so you just know it's gonna get ripped out in a really painful way. Neither of the older two had it though so it was just so strange. It was on her little finger where a ring would sit.

A friend just put this on my Facebook. .... I cried. Then I laughed. Then I ordered it.

http://www.thepoke.co.uk/2013/06/04/ladies-are-you-so-alone/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Just bought a 4 pack of that new Molson Canadian lager. It's quite refreshing but nothing spectacular.
    I'm seriously torn between getting an excercise bike as my next item to save up for or pushing for the Space Genie folding trike. I REALLY want the trike but my folks make a rational argument that I need to build up the strenght in my legs first-especially after a nasty injury almost kneecapped my right leg. Stupid Dublin bus-drivers. YOU try going up a flight of stairs and trying to hold on for dear life when they unexpectedly slam on the breaks! :mad:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,577 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

McChubbin wrote: »
    Just bought a 4 pack of that new Molson Canadian lager. It's quite refreshing but nothing spectacular.

How dare you!!!!

Molson has become my new favourite lager.Its even nicer on tap.

Someone is either faking it big time or in desperate need of a few chill pills.
    Seriously! My first and as yet only tattoo was done on my wrist-a notoriously painful spot or so I'm told- and I didn't even make a third of the noise this wagon is making!

My next tat planned (once I get the money together) is going on my ankle.
    tumblr_mcmshcI4x21rxblgx.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Evenin' all. Just in, got new tatt done today, go have a look in the "I'll Show You Mine..." thread. Well happy with how it turned out. :D
    Plan for tomorrow - do f**k all!! I plan on spending the day out the back with the kids, with the paddling pool and the water pistols. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Can't wait to see it :D

Wedding booked :eek: Scary!

Just opened my second can of Molson Canadian. Starting to get a taste for it now. Quite nice- not as watery as Budweiser and slightly malty taste. :)
    In other news, I need new automatic mechanical pencils. For some reason I can't stop drawing on my desk and graffiti-ing it into a mess of doodles but put a sketchpad in front of me and BAM! Artist's block. It's like I've forgotten how to draw on paper. :(

• Advertisement

Evenin' all. Just in, got new tatt done today, go have a look in the "I'll Show You Mine..." thread. Well happy with how it turned out. :D
    Plan for tomorrow - do f**k all!! I plan on spending the day out the back with the kids, with the paddling pool and the water pistols. :cool:

The tattoo looks class :)

Sounds like a fun day, my plan is go the gym and then find an excuse to spend as much the day as possible in the sun :).
    January wrote: »
    Can't wait to see it :D

Wedding booked :eek: Scary!

Congrats :).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement