Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What is the tackiest item of clothing you own?

Options
  • 05-05-2005 5:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭

Mine is probably a silver miniskirt I bought for a mere E3 in Germany. Now that it's summer, I might start wearing it in public... mebbeh

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭JoeKelly

A terrible Hawiann shirt got it a few years ago! dont know what i was thinkin when i purchased it... must have been drunk or something! Never gonna wear it again after total exclusion from society i suffered!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

JoeKelly wrote:
    A terrible Hawiann shirt got it a few years ago! dont know what i was thinkin when i purchased it

Been there, done that. Three times!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Wez

Well, my brother's got too much tacky stuff, so I'll just give that as an example.. A Fred Perry T.. Dunlop tracksuit bottoms (nylon ones..) from Penneys. I say it to him and he says 'they're just for wearing around the house' but he takes off a pair of jeans and puts them on before going to the pub.. I wouldn't mind if they were just worn around the house, but they're not!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Bri

A sleezeless shiny basketball top with the words PLAYER on the back...we bought the whole rack on holidays :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭mentalimplosion

i did buy a fake louis vuitton bag once.... and i had a plastic necklace that said sugar in loopy writing... then i lost it. oh, it was a sad day

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

i love my clothe sbut my housemates and friends rag on me all the time, i did by a 'wonderful' jumper from topman, its blue and reed with a white chevron V down the front... its tack-specular... and it only cost my 5europes

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Pink tracksuit bottoms that I was given about 5 years ago by my grandmother. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

A pink PVC boob tube. I was about 13 at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭ando

illuminous yellow shirt. Dont ask

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭CathyMoran

Its a tie between a dark brown leather corsette that I bought a few years ago (love/hate), a black pvc dress I bought in Paris a few years ago (for a laugh) and a few pairs of hotpants that I have...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

A nice black velvet mini dress when I was 13. Went to all the discos in that. Had to wear hotpants underneath. (I was not a slut btw!) ooh and then at 14 when wedge shoes were all the rage (they're back again, jaysyus I'm old), I bought a lovely white PVC pair in Simon Hartes (I dunno which part defines them as tacky!). :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

A really worn out DKNY denim jacket. It started off as a dark navy but in now literally white, I loves it though.

Anyone gonna post pics of their stuff, now that woule be interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

gillo wrote:
    Anyone gonna post pics of their stuff, now that woule be interesting.

In the case of mini skirts, preferably while they're being worn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

. and i had a plastic necklace that said sugar in loopy writing... then i lost it. oh, it was a sad day

Class!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

hot pink sequened boob tube, it was a joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Matching his-and-hers shiny adidas tracksuit bottoms - blue with mustard yellow stripes.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

RainyDay wrote:
    Matching his-and-hers shiny adidas tracksuit bottoms - blue with mustard yellow stripes.

take yourself to t he corner for a severe talking to

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

RainyDay wrote:

Cute or what- Young chav love

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

CathyMoran wrote:
    dark brown leather corsette that I bought a few years ago (love/hate),

now this I'd like to see, never thought of corsets being tacky :)

Advertisement