Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Playoffs 2012

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Felexicon

insanity50 wrote: »
    Pacers fan I take it.
    Don't be a hater son.
    Troll I take it?
    Don't be a d**k son.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

If you can't take it, don't dish it out.

Stevenson acted like the big dog the other day and now when faced with a lion we see he was little more than a wild puppy, all fangs and no bite. He deserves another couple of clatters in game six if he has the cojones to step onto the paint.

You come at the King, you best not miss.
    If you can't stand the heat, don't step into the furnace.

Did you rob that " You come at the King " quote from Omar in The Wire? Personally I think Omar would be insulted to be mentioned in the same sentence as Lebron. Omar is the real king!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Miami @ Indiana is live on ESPN UK tonight for those interested. Tip-off at 1am.

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭Borisss

• Registered Users Posts: 3,940 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

I have never seen a player travel as much as LeBron, I have seen him do some kind of weird bunny hop twice in this series, not even close to being a legal basketball move.

• Advertisement

I have never seen a player travel as much as LeBron, I have seen him do some kind of weird bunny hop twice in this series, not even close to being a legal basketball move.
    You don't remember that move from a few years ago? He calls it the crab dribble. It's crazy how he doesn't get called for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭insanity50

Wade was on fire last night.

Pacers couldn't handle the heat so decided to step out of ''The Furnace of James''.

Great win. Delighted for the lads. Should really give us a confidence booster heading into the conference finals.

#WeBeBallin'

#DontBeAHater

#Larry'sComingHome

Wade was on fire last night.

Pacers couldn't handle the heat so decided to step out of ''The Furnace of James''.

Great win. Delighted for the lads. Should really give us a confidence booster heading into the conference finals.

#WeBeBallin'

#DontBeAHater

#Larry'sComingHome
    The lads? Tell LeBron I said hi the next time you talk to him.
    What should give you confidence. The win? Because the other team you play will also be on the back of a win. It's how the Playoffs work.

the amount of negativity on this thread is phenomenal, never realised so many people hated the Heat.

give it a rest lads, those sour grapes are starting to reall whiff.

The way we came back from 2-1 down and staring into the abyss, to step up to the plate, start producing, start fighting, start earning it the hard way and start whupping ass. As opposed to Celtics/Philly who have been fighting tooth and nail in a dogfight to try and scrape over the line.

The momentum and impetus will be with my boys. We'll be the favourites and rightly so. The hungry wolves are here, and it's time for the rest of ya'll puppies to go back in your kennels or get shredded and eaten alive under lights.

I can smell Larry O Brien already.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

To be fair, I'd say the negativity is more 10% directed at 'your boys' and 90% at the way you're going on here. Talking like you're an extra from The Wire generally doesn't translate well to an Irish Internet message board, never mind that you're being unnecessarily arrogant in doing so.

Everyone expected the Heat to roll over the Pacers...they just made a much harder job of it than everyone thought they would. Until you beat a serious contender like OKC or the Spurs, I'd stall the ball with that kinda chat. We heard it all last year before the Mavs humbled you guys.

• Advertisement

the amount of negativity on this thread is phenomenal, never realised so many people hated the Heat.

The way we came back from 2-1 down and staring into the abyss, to step up to the plate, start producing, start fighting, start earning it the hard way and start whupping ass. As opposed to Celtics/Philly who have been fighting tooth and nail in a dogfight to try and scrape over the line.

The momentum and impetus will be with my boys. We'll be the favourites and rightly so. The hungry wolves are here, and it's time for the rest of ya'll puppies to go back in your kennels or get shredded and eaten alive under lights.

Well that's what happens when you choose grave robbing as a profession

Now to translate for you.
    Well cracker bread you know if you be straight pimping at those grave side hold ups a bitch gonna get that yackity yack all up in yo business

Staring into the abyss? FFS, the fact you were even 2-1 down against Indiana should be worrying from a Heat point of view.

The simple fact is this has been the easiest path to the east championship for quite a while, and whilst Miami will win it, based on what we've seen so far I think it will be a much, much harder test in the finals.

OKC or San Antonio Spurs will fancy their chances. Personally I think the Heat blew their best chance last year, you were ''favourites and rightly so'' back then too, but we shall see.

leggo wrote: »
    To be fair, I'd say the negativity is more 10% directed at 'your boys' and 90% at the way you're going on here. Talking like you're an extra from The Wire generally doesn't translate well to an Irish Internet message board, never mind that you're being unnecessarily arrogant in doing so.

Everyone expected the Heat to roll over the Pacers...they just made a much harder job of it than everyone thought they would. Until you beat a serious contender like OKC or the Spurs, I'd stall the ball with that kinda chat. We heard it all last year before the Mavs humbled you guys.
    Paully D wrote: »
    Staring into the abyss? FFS, the fact you were even 2-1 down against Indiana should be worrying from a Heat point of view.

The simple fact is this has been the easiest path to the east championship for quite a while, and whilst Miami will win it, based on what we've seen so far I think it will be a much, much harder test in the finals.

OKC or San Antonio Spurs will fancy their chances. Personally I think the Heat blew their best chance last year, you were ''favourites and rightly so'' back then too, but we shall see.

Listen lads we're all posting on here cause we love the smell of the paint, the feel of the pigskin, and most importantly the love of the ball game.

I take grave offence to being harassed like this/singled out for special attention. I'm entitled to support my team and be joyous in victory. There's a lot of bulls fans in here, if the bulls were on a roll I'd be the first to congratulate and wish well. I wouldn't be rounding on them or their supporters for expressing joy.

At the end of the the smell of sour lemons really brings down the forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,522 ✭✭✭nerd69

That punk stephenson got exactly what was coming to him as far as I'm concerned, a beatdown.
    Listen lads we're all posting on here cause we love the smell of the paint, the feel of the pigskin, and most importantly the love of the ball game.

I take grave offence to being harassed like this/singled out for special attention. I'm entitled to support my team and be joyous in victory. There's a lot of bulls fans in here, if the bulls were on a roll I'd be the first to congratulate and wish well. I wouldn't be rounding on them or their supporters for expressing joy.

At the end of the the smell of sour lemons really brings down the forum.

following your team is not the issue we all follow teams but your the only one being childish about it stephenson deserved what he got just because he was playing your team. grow up.

im genuinely unsure wether or not your just a troll and im not alone that says it all.

Pity these pesky Bulls and this awesome bench mob crew we heard so much about, flopped hard against Philly, yes, Philadelphia....and maybe, just maybe when Lebron dominated them again (if they scraped past Boston), he'd get some respect.

Likewise the entire Heat roster. Bitterness reigns.

But hey I'm a Knicks fan. Guess some are just impartial and enjoy seeing the best prosper.

insanity50 is either a troll or somebody that has a very low basketball IQ level so either way, there is no real point engaging in any kind of 'discussion' with him as the majority of posters on here have a pretty good knowledge of the game and the postings are generally non inflammatory informative posts.
    The trash talking really doesn't suit an Irish basketball forum.

There is also nothing to be bitter about with the Heat as they have not won anything yet so until then that point is not valid.

There is also nothing to be bitter about with the Heat as they have not won anything yet so until then that point is not valid.

Say what? This is what makes it all the more petty and bitter actually.

Man City MKII.

Borisss wrote: »
    Say what? This is what makes it all the more petty and bitter actually.

Man City MKII.

Well, if you want to discuss real basketball issues and the pros and cons of every team left then fair enough but since your posts don't really have any basketball basis but only trivial main stream media muck that does not reflect the views of the genuine fan, good luck...

For the record, I think Lebron is one of the most naturally talented players ever and has been way more team orientated than most superstar players will ever be, but the trade saga and general bad attitude has left a stink but if he wins a ring then fair play to him, he will have earned it

nerd69 wrote: »
    following your team is not the issue we all follow teams but your the only one being childish about it stephenson deserved what he got just because he was playing your team. grow up.

im genuinely unsure wether or not your just a troll and im not alone that says it all.
    insanity50 is either a troll or somebody that has a very low basketball IQ level so either way, there is no real point engaging in any kind of 'discussion' with him as the majority of posters on here have a pretty good knowledge of the game and the postings are generally non inflammatory informative posts.
    The trash talking really doesn't suit an Irish basketball forum.

accusing people of trolling is against the forum charter, report the posts or else keep your mouth shut.

I've reported both of the above posts; I've done nothing to earn this vilification and false accusation. I'm a basketball fan like the rest of you here, I'm just openly expressing joy at my team's success and it's gone down like a lead balloon. I didn't realise this was one of those forums that has about 20 active members and when someone new comes along they all throw stones and tell the person to clear off. Very poor first impression I've got of this forum purely judging it since my first post. Very unwelcoming posters I have to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

It's not. At all. But when you say that a player deserves to be mauled mid game, get over-confident and start bragging about a team that hasn't really achieved much, you're gonna get called out on it. There's a difference between saying "I'm delighted my team won" and "All y'all bitches best not be trippin', we gonna win this like my boys at U15 hurling in Roscrea and anyone who thinks otherwise is gonna get got. Miami straight BALLING, yo!"

The first is being happy for your team, the second is being inflammatory in a manner that's, quite frankly, way too easy to mock. So don't be surprised if you do get people angry and get mocked as a result.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Mod hat on.

If you have a problem with anyones posts here use the report button and the mods will look and take any action required. So no more accusation of trolling, or insults, or personal attacks.

insanity50, you're not helping yourself at all here. The sour grapes/lemons comments, and your general attitude are rubbing people up the wrong way. Less of the "ya'll puppies to go back in your kennels" type comments in future please.

So warnings for everyone to tone it down, if you don't like how someone posts put them on ignore by clicking their username then the ignore option.

Thanks.

Game 7 or PHI @ BOS tonight at 2am Irish time. I think Boston will scrape it, but it will be close. Do people agree that Boston would give Miami a tougher series in the Conf finals, or could Philly keep the upset train going and challenge MIA?

Lafortezza wrote: »
    Game 7 or PHI @ BOS tonight at 2am Irish time. I think Boston will scrape it, but it will be close. Do people agree that Boston would give Miami a tougher series in the Conf finals, or could Philly keep the upset train going and challenge MIA?

Agree, I think Boston will win it. Rondo will be the key tonight. They'd also give Miami a tougher series than Philly IMO, but I'd be surprised if Miami didn't win the east in 5 or 6 games.

Lafortezza wrote: »

I think Boston should really win this one if they can slow down the Sixers and get big games out of KG and Rondo.

Yea, I think Boston would be a tougher match up for the Heat, I think Boston have the experience and defense to disrupt Miami, plus Rondo will be a major factor, I don't see the Heat being able to successfully guard him.
    You would still have to give Miami the advantage especially if Wade and LeBron continue to play well but as has been seen they are easily rattled.

I will probably stick with my original bracket of a San Antonio v Heat final although that could easily be flipped.

accusing people of trolling is against the forum charter, report the posts or else keep your mouth shut.

I've reported both of the above posts; I've done nothing to earn this vilification and false accusation. I'm a basketball fan like the rest of you here, I'm just openly expressing joy at my team's success and it's gone down like a lead balloon. I didn't realise this was one of those forums that has about 20 active members and when someone new comes along they all throw stones and tell the person to clear off. Very poor first impression I've got of this forum purely judging it since my first post. Very unwelcoming posters I have to say.
    It really isn't like that at all tbh. I've only been posting here a little over a month and no one has vilified me. The thing you need to remember is that you are entering a small community that enjoys discussing all things basketball and when someone comes in giving it the big one it's fairly annoying. Now in no way does this mean you should agree with everything that's said and play the yes man but leave that stereotypical americanised vernacular for somewhere else.

You are the only Heat fan here though so don't expectan easy time.
    And as you're the only Heat fan I know I'd like to know what youthink of Eric Spolstra as a coach for this particular group of players? It has struck me that the big 3 don't really respect him and have no problem showing this during games.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

Felexicon wrote: »
    It really isn't like that at all tbh. I've only been posting here a little over a month and no one has vilified me. The thing you need to remember is that you are entering a small community that enjoys discussing all things basketball and when someone comes in giving it the big one it's fairly annoying. Now in no way does this mean you should agree with everything that's said and play the yes man but leave that stereotypical americanised vernacular for somewhere else.

And as you're the only Heat fan I know I'd like to know what youthink of Eric Spolstra as a coach for this particular group of players? It has struck me that the big 3 don't really respect him and have no problem showing this during games.

I also only started posting here recently and the reason I did was due to the small number here having a fantastic knowledge of the game. I was also made feel quite welcome.
    Lets forget the little spat and all move on and talk about more ball.
    Although I am a Magic fan, I actually quite like the Heat and I enjoy watching LeBron play ball. Technically gifted, comfortable carrying the ball, great shot and a strong drive. Defensively strong too. One of my favourite players, although I do go for the less likeable characters I have to admit.

Rondo really stepped up in the last quarter last night against the 6ers.11pts in the 4th and 18 for the game with 11 assists and 10 rebounds.
    Great game and an under-appreciated PG IMO.
    Heat-Celtics is gonna be one exciting series but the Heat will pull through.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭BQQ

Felexicon wrote: »

I'm a Heat fan too. :p
    I disagree with your point about Spolstra. Tensions always run high on the sideline and players will always disagree with coaches sometimes, but Lebron was full of praise for the adjustments Spolstra made after game 3 in the Indiana series. And Wade basically admitted he wasn't getting back in transition and rebounding, which is what the row was about.
    I think they respect him and he will coach in the NBA for a long time IMO.

I like Spoelstra but I feel he is in a really difficult position. If Miami don't win a title this year or next year, the Miami experiment will be considered a failure. So who gets the blame?
    The front office? Riley has rings and the respect of everyone in the league, his inability to put good role players around the big 3 won't get punished.
    The players? The big 3 all have huge contracts and massive marketing power, they are too valuable to trade, so won't get much criticism (apart from LeBron, he gets criticised no matter what he does).

That leaves the coach. A young coach who couldn't get the superstars to play well enough to win a ring. Fire him and bring in a more experienced man to do the job.
    Funny thing is that even if Miami do win a ring this year or next, Spoelstra will be well down the list of people deserving of credit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 NewBoss

If Miami lose, even if its a close series in the Finals (they'll beat Boston handily enough), it will be a hell of an interesting summer. Coach Spo will be the first out the door. Following on from Bill Simmons thinking, Phil Jackson would be the ultimate coach for this team. Obviously, it would be very hard to talk him out of retirement though. The others don't seem to match - I doubt LeBron and Wade would be too happy with Sloan's rigid system, I don't think Pat Riley fancies coaching at his age, and Van Gundy has no chance. As most of the other top coaches in the league are in long term deals, I'm not really sure who else is on their radar. Interesting.

With the salaries of the big 3 it makes it very hard to make roster adjustments (unless you can sign essential role players for nothing like San Antonita - which is nearly impossible to achieve). I can see them moving Bosh, possibly to Houston for Kyle Lowry, Patrick Patterson and Chris Bosh. Works out nicely enough for both teams (Lowry is gone from Houston anyway after his comments regarding McHale as coach). Then they could amnesty Mike Miller (or even keep him as that won't give much cap flexibility anyway) and take a flier on Greg Oden on a minimum contract.

Totally agree that Spoelstra will be brutally overlooked for any credit if they do win.

• Advertisement

Can't wait for OKC V Spurs tonight. Tip-off is at 1:30am live on ESPN UK :)

How do you all see it going? This will be a great series full of end-to-end high scoring games. I'm taking the Spurs to win game 1 tonight, 3 point shooting will be the key here in my opinion and the Spurs have an advantage shooting 52% against the Thunder this season compared to 35% for OKC.

Advertisement