Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ford Focus Paint Code

• 20-03-2012 7:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭

I'm trying to find the paint code for a 2001 Ford Focus Hatchback. It doesn't seem to be on the door or door jam, where should I look? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭mondeoman2

rickyjb wrote: »
    I'm trying to find the paint code for a 2001 Ford Focus Hatchback. It doesn't seem to be on the door or door jam, where should I look? Thanks.

Hi,if you pm me the vin number from the bottom of the windscreen i should be able to get it for you;)

or you can put the vin number in the link & it should tell you.http://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleRegSelector.do:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

mondeoman2 wrote: »
    Hi,if you pm me the vin number from the bottom of the windscreen i should be able to get it for you;)

or you can put the vin number in the link & it should tell you.http://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleRegSelector.do:)

Thanks, I put in the VIN but it only gives smokestone as the paint colour, are there different kinds of this particular colour (clear, metallic etc.) or is this enough info. The guy in the garage was looking specifically for a code I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭mondeoman2

rickyjb wrote: »
    Thanks, I put in the VIN but it only gives smokestone as the paint colour, are there different kinds of this particular colour (clear, metallic etc.) or is this enough info. The guy in the garage was looking spefically for a code I think.

the code should be on the vin plate,drivers door area(on mondeo,not sure about focus):o
    when i enter my vin is says Moondust silver & metallic in brackets beside it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

mondeoman2 wrote: »
    the code should be on the vin plate,drivers door area(on mondeo,not sure about focus):o

Is the VIN plate different from the VIN, which is, as you said, located on the bottom of the windscreen? There doesn't seem to be anything around the driver's door area.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭mantaraver

The plate may also be a sticker, about the size of a box of cigs, either located in the door B pillar or on the front panel under the bonnet. There should be 5 or 6 small boxes on the left side of that plate, each containing a few letters or numbers.
    The paint code is in the second box counting up and it would be something like "g8" The first letter gives the color possabilities and the second denotes the year. Between them ( and ford codes are a right pain to decipher) you will most likely end up with the colour SMOKESTONE MICA which has the unique code KRYE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Pretty much as Mantaraver said, Fords are a pig to decypher. You need to get a letter from the sticker inside the door, get the year and model, put that into a ready reckoner and then you'll have the code. This is the sticker you're looking for, and the digit is the first one of two circled in red. If you get that, post here the year of your focus and I'll get you your code. Bear in mind that the code won't give you an exact paint match, there could be a few shade variants all with the same code too.

ford_vin_plate.jpg

Advertisement