Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GoT Illiterate Season 4 finale *HAVE NOT READ THE BOOKS*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭fluke

Wow. Great Episode. Usually the finale is a lot of pure set up alone but this had some punch to it. For me this season has been strongest season of the lot so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

wprathead wrote: »
    You sure? Ayra asked to go to the Wall, the captain refused then Ayra used the magic coin oath thing - i assumed the captain would bring here to where she asked?

The captain said he was going home to the city of Bravos. I presume that's where she's going too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭ringadingding

Did it seem that varys went with Tyrian ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Gadgie wrote: »
    She wanted to go to The Wall, but the captain said he was going home to Braavos. Then she remembered the coin Jaqen H'ghar gave her and gave it to him - he's bringing her to Jaqen/Braavos.

See clip in recap here: http://youtu.be/bDOH3Qs99Lw?t=18s

Ah I forgot that the coin was to find the faceless guy - thought it was just a coin so that a Bravosi would do what you asked for some reason, cheers:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I'm a bit annoyed that Tywin Lannister is dead. Would have much preferred if Tyrion killed his sister instead.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

I was half expecting Cersei to be on the other end of the door waiting to kill Tyrion herself and that she had managed to convince Jaime. Thank fook it wasnt like that :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Why didnt Ayra finish off the hound rather than let him suffer

Shane St. wrote: »

Out of all the things that didn't really make sense in that episode, that is one thing that did.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 road dog

Shane St. wrote: »

Who says there is not a maester hiding behind the rocks :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I liked that Jon obviously had Stannis' respect, and all looked to be going well in relation to that... when suddenly :(

311041.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Ompala

road dog wrote: »
    Who says there is not a maester hiding behind the rocks :p

I for one hope there is, I like the Hound and want him to live, didn't see his corpse yet so heres hoping hes back in Season 5 :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Gadgie wrote: »
    She wanted to go to The Wall, but the captain said he was going home to Braavos. Then she remembered the coin Jaqen H'ghar gave her and gave it to him - he's bringing her to Jaqen/Braavos.

See clip in recap here: http://youtu.be/bDOH3Qs99Lw?t=18s

Edit: Do not read the comments in that YouTube link!

Was on YouTube last week watching a video of a insect eating plant or something first comment on the video is: plot twist tyrion kills tywin on the privy.
    What is wrong with people on a totally unrelated video as soon as I saw the bow I knew what was coming

• Registered Users Posts: 46 road dog

Ompala wrote: »
    I for one hope there is, I like the Hound and want him to live, didn't see his corpse yet so heres hoping hes back in Season 5 :pac:

With a bit of luck Thoros of Myr pops up with some healing properties :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,731 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

The Hound and Brienne,

Clash of the Titans.

Whopper of a fight that was :) Great episode, felt sorry for the hound being left the way he was :/

road dog wrote: »
    With a bit of luck Thoros of Myr pops up with some healing properties :)

Suppose Hound could look on the bright side, he was in better shape than his brother...

God I miss Oberyn :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭DerekDGoldfish

I wonder if when mance and stanis talk he offers to let him past the wall if he leaves some forces to help defend the wall from walkers and the rest of the army join stanis to overthrow the lanisters.

I deffo felt for the hound, fact he said she was under "his protection" - and when Brienne said she was looking for Ayra and had an oath he didn't try and "sell" Ayra to her.. Ofcourse he then recognised Jamies sword and got paranoid she was there for the bounty on his head - but I like to think he fought to protect Ayra from someone he thoughts was with the Lannisters
    Dave! wrote: »
    I liked that Jon obviously had Stannis' respect, and all looked to be going well in relation to that... when suddenly :(

Was gonna ask about this scene aswell - she is deffo up to something the fecker..:mad::(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Any chance Brienne will find the Hound, and save him, and they'll get married and live happily ever after? :D

Dave! wrote: »
    Any chance Brienne will find the Hound, and save him, and they'll get married and live happily ever after? :D

Can you imagine the domestic violence in that relationship...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,140 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

That was epic! I was sad to see Tywin and The Hound go. Two great characters. Tyrion is a badass though, only let down there was he didn't have another bolt for Cersei as well. I would have loved to see that!

I'm guessing Varys is going with Tyrion? You could see him on the ship at the end. I'm guessing maybe he thought it was too dangerous to stay after what Tyrion had done. Maybe Tyrion will hook with Danaerys and he can be one of her advisors :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

I've been standing up for the last hour and a bit looking at that episode!

So much to take in - The hound, the raven lad, skeletons, stannis, tyrion, shae, tywin, varys.

I was arms in air going yeahhhhh when Arya said "Valar Morgulis".......................

Morghulis.PNG

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Them last 3 episodes have been some of the very best tv I have ever seen. Gutted that my favourite character finally got killed off, tywin :(

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭nobodyknows

I really don't think that the hound is dead, whenever a big character dies in this show we see it to the end, for all its gruesomely heartbreaking (sometimes satisfactory) glory, a character like the hound would not have an offscreen death.

I wan't expecting the love actually kid to be killed off, I saw Tywin's death coming but was surprised with shae's. starting to wonder if she was with Tywin at the same time as Tyrion, as in like a spy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

I thought there was going to be a touch of "Peter Griffin and the chicken" about that battle between Brienne and The Hound.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

Delighted to see Tywin finally meet his demise. I was never a big fan of the character, so his loss was definitely less of a wrench than the Hound for me. Just a shame Tyrion couldn't have taken out Cersei too. I wonder where he and Varys are being shipped too...

I don't believe Varys is going with Tyrion, at least thats how it looked to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Great episode, I had Tywin's death spoiled on me but it was still a great scene.

Dany's storyline needs to seriously pick up pace, she did feck all this season.

As for brandon, I was hoping we would find out more about that whole thing...weird children with fire hands? I remember when Bran got his Warg abilities and could control the direwolves, I said he could have a part to play when Dany finally comes to Westeros. Will he be able to control the dragons? Now the weird tree man says he will get back what was taken from him and he will fly...

1huge1 wrote: »

Looked to me like he was sitting beside the crate that had Tyrion in it?

3163e41.jpg
    15pigcl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 23,103 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I really don't think that the hound is dead, whenever a big character dies in this show we see it to the end, for all its gruesomely heartbreaking (sometimes satisfactory) glory, a character like the hound would not have an offscreen death.

He's beaten to a pulp in a ditch in the middle of nowhere. He's done.

I think the way they let it happen was just showing Arya's coldness. She wanted her revenge but she wasn't going to show mercy.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Just as Varys was walking away from the ship, he heard bells ringing up at the castle (which I'm presuming signalled Tywin's murder). He already knew Tyrion may have done something, as he questioned him at the door and he must have then realised what it was. The last scene we see of him, he is now on board the ship, next to the crate Tyrion was stashed in.

Not sure where they're going, but I'm pretty sure Varys is going along for the ride, as if it's discovered he had anything to do with Tyrion's escape (and by proxy, Tywin's murder), he would be executed for it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Yeah he definitely was. He was headed back towards kings landing when he heard the death knell yo. Then he turned on his heel and went into the ship.

Advertisement