Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

19 y/o about to buy a car :D

• 01-03-2013 11:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭

im getting a car and im getting insurance quotes ranging from 1500- 2231. i was wondering if i get my mum and dad insured on the car too, will it be cheaper or can i not do that, if so by how much???....

I will be the only one using the car tbh they have theirs,

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 1,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭MascotDec85

Yes, putting one of your parents on your insurance as a named driver may reduce your policy. By how much I can't say, just shop around

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭FortyMedals

brownlad wrote: »
    im getting a car and im getting insurance quotes ranging from 1500- 2231. i was wondering if i get my mum and dad insured on the car too, will it be cheaper or can i not do that, if so by how much???....

I will be the only one using the car tbh they have theirs,

as stated, try get a parent as named driver, with my aunt i was quoted 924 euro for the both of us for the year, on my own i got a quote of 2400, starting off isn't nice at all :P

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭brownlad

as stated, try get a parent as named driver, with my aunt i was quoted 924 euro for the both of us for the year, on my own i got a quote of 2400, starting off isn't nice at all :P
    thanks a lot bro....

so i can get a better car too, so say i get my mum she has no points , and no claims since she began driving 6 years ago.

she is with axa, she would have to be on axa on my car too right? and would you recommend i take comprehensive or third party insurance?

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭FortyMedals

brownlad wrote: »
    thanks a lot bro....

so i can get a better car too, so say i get my mum she has no points , and no claims since she began driving 6 years ago.

she is with axa, she would have to be on axa on my car too right? and would you recommend i take comprehensive or third party insurance?

both of you will be on AXA, best go for full comprehensive, especially considering your going under someone, its very very cheap so take advantage of it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

if you go to Liberty Insurance, even as a named driver you will be able to build up your no claims bonus, which in a few years will bring your insurance right down

• Advertisement
Advertisement