Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Mick Foley Ireland Shows

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Can u tell us any more with Mick?

I think people are too nice to Mick, afraid to hurt his feelings. We all love him but he needs to work hard to become a proper comedian; what works for books doesn't necessarily translate into comedy. The warmup acts batted away the hecklers no problem. Even stuff like whispering loudly into the mic & structuring of jokes....place was an awkward funeral leaving the auditorium. I love Mick and think he did a great job as an amateur comedian but i wouldn't be so quick to dip right back in. Well i guess it depends if he works hard on it over the coming year.

Did anyone go to his previous tour, did he improve much this time around?

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭duuuaaaane

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Can u tell us any more with Mick?

I think people are too nice to Mick, afraid to hurt his feelings. We all love him but he needs to work hard to become a proper comedian; what works for books doesn't necessarily translate into comedy. The warmup acts batted away the hecklers no problem. Even stuff like whispering loudly into the mic & structuring of jokes....place was an awkward funeral leaving the auditorium. I love Mick and think he did a great job as an amateur comedian but i wouldn't be so quick to dip right back in. Well i guess it depends if he works hard on it over the coming year.

Did anyone go to his previous tour, did he improve much this time around?

He was alot happier with the first tour last year, I was at the opening dates and they were alot better. In pubs in Cork, not a big auditorium in Dublin.

I'll have Mick on my show later today, where he addresses the Dublin issue directly... (and his favorite WrestleMania moments!)

Check out Wrestling Voice Radio for the interview

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭discobeaker

uwwedoogie wrote: »
    I'll have Mick on my show later today, where he addresses the Dublin issue directly... (and his favorite WrestleMania moments!)

Check out Wrestling Voice Radio for the interview

Can you stick up a link of where i could find the interview? Will be really interesting to hear what Mick has to say about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

Ask him something, anything about the Belfast show as well, see if he remembers the guy he met outside of the venue when he arrived at it :D

• Advertisement

Here's a link to my show on iTunes, the interview is the most recent one

http://bit.ly/WVRadio

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

**BIG NEWS**

Mick Foley will be returning to the UK this summer for an exclusive four night run at the world famous Edinburgh Fringe Festival. Mick's new show 'Prisoner Of Raw' will run at the Assembly Rooms from the 8th to the 11th of August. Tickets are on sale now at http://www.arfringe.com/show/53/Mick-Foley-Prisoner-of-Raw/ and sure to sell fast.

An amazing venue at an amazing festival, Mick will be rubbing shoulders with some of the best and brightest from the world of comedy. This year the Assembly Rooms play host to the likes of Stewart Lee, Jerry Sadowitz, Russell Kane, Loyd Langford, Glen Wool, Craig Campbell and Stewart Francis as well as Mrs Foley's Baby Boy.

Mick will also be touring the UK & Ireland again in 2013... Tour dates and venues will be announced soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

I should be living in Edinburgh by then,hopefully there's less drunken hecklers there then the Dublin show!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Resurrecting this. He's touring the UK again in a bit, has anyone heard anything about Ireland dates?

He might do a show over here around Sep/Oct/Nov he said on twitter.

His last show over here was ruined by drunken hecklers so im surprised he'd come back.

I suppose it could happen anywhere though and heckling is just something you have to deal with as a comedian.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Drunken heckling is not uncommon in Dublin so I'd imagine he'd more consider cork if he's to do an Irish date. I'd imagine fans would only be worse a year later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

he has a date for 21st April in the Empire in Belfast, sold out already but might get tickets off ebay if you are lucky

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭srm23

can't wait to heckle him when he returns.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Les Ferdinand

srm23 wrote: »
    can't wait to heckle him when he returns.

You're hilarious.
    Perhaps you should just stick to Internet dating and posting about the Late Late show?

Sorry for bumping an old thread but Mick is coming back to Belfast

Empire Music Hall - Sept 10th - £28

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/mick-foley-belfast-09-10-2015/event/38004ED6752D07BF?artistid=1642693&majorcatid=10002&minorcatid=51

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Officer999

Any word on him coming South?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

I honestly believe that Dublin show in 2012 ruined any more big name tours for us.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

I honestly believe that Dublin show in 2012 ruined any more big name tours for us.

If so then he's not cut out for it, is he made of sugar?

I saw him in Limerick that time and it was an excellent show. He was legit pissed off with the Dublin show tho so maybe your right

• Registered Users Posts: 7,991 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Officer999 wrote: »
    I saw him in Limerick that time and it was an excellent show. He was legit pissed off with the Dublin show tho so maybe your right

What happened at that? Saw him in cork and it was great , he even went over time by over a half hour?

• Advertisement

What happened at that? Saw him in cork and it was great , he even went over time by over a half hour?

I wasn't at it as i was at the Limerick gig but from reports, a lot of lads were hammered and continually heckled him throughout his routine.

Guys were drunk, heckling and shouting out punchlines, Mick was at the end of a long tour and obviously had enough and it came all out on these two guys, who warranted a reaction from Mick on their own regardless.

We were working with Mick that night and afterwards in the dressing room he was just down on the whole experience, thought that he could trust the crowd to drink before the show and be fine. Those two clearly ruined his opinion of many Irish people unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

The same crew brought Piper over and it went off without a hitch - great night

The same crew brought Piper over and it went off without a hitch - great night

Eros have been mad to come back since Mick - the venue for Mick was too big for other guys they brought over - no knock on them, Mick was the only Attitude Era name - DDP wanted to do Dublin but they couldn't find a venue.

When they found Whelans (which hosted Piper) they were very happy with it and I'm sure they'll do Dublin more often now, whether they do Dublin with Mick is 100% up to Mick.

FOLEY TOUR HITS BELFAST!
    Tickets for my September 10 ‪#‎BELFAST‬ show go on sale in JUST 24 HOURS! You can get them TOMORROW, June 25 at 9:00 am at http://www.ticketmaster.ie/mick-foley-b…/…/38004ED6752D07BF…
    While I am looking forward to being part of the ‪#‎Blackpool‬ Comic Con a Q&A in ‪#‎Cardiff‬ and appearing at super-cool wrestling shows in ‪#‎Aberdeen‬ and ‪#‎Glasgow‬, the Belfast show at the ‪#‎Empire‬ will be my ONLY ‪#‎FiftyYearsOfFoley‬ show in the UK in 2015,
    WHY ONLY ONE SHOW, AND WHY BELFAST?
    I'm going to be really honest here: I have no idea what the interest level is for a full scale tour of the UK and Ireland. It's been two and a half years since I did my last tour - and in that time, there have been a LOT of wrestlers on UK/Irish stages..and I just don't know if a Foley tour will put butts in seats anymore. So I'll use the results of the first few opening days of sales to get a feel for what you cats across the ocean are in the mood for these days.
    In the end, my goal for every appearance I make is the same; to send people home feeling that attending one of my events was a wise investment of time, energy and money. I really enjoy meeting fans at these conventions, and the energy I've seen in recent ‪#‎WrestleZone‬ and ‪#‎InsaneChampionshipWrestling‬ is just incredible. I'll do whatever I can to send people home with smiles on their faces. I really LOVE doing my own shows...I love performing, and taking the audience on a journey. I just don't know if there is a market for that type of thing anymore.
    I'm hoping the people there, RIGHT THERE in Belfast, Northern Ireland will prove me wrong.
    Feel free to leave a comment or share this post. I do my best to read every one.
    Have a nice day,
    Mick

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I'm definitely going to try and get a ticket for this in the morning. I'm off work on September 10th so I'm going to drive up from Kilkenny I'd say. If anyone is interested in maybe arranging the trip along with me, I'm more than happy to drive up and back if we pool in on petrol. Belfast is only a couple of hours max. from Dublin so it really isn't that far to drive to see ol' Cactus. I never saw him before, but I remember when he played in Belvedere College I met someone on the bus afterwards (I had been in the studio in Temple Bar until late that night and was getting a bus to Blackrock afterwards) and he told me about how the show had gotten a bit derailed by people getting a bit too drunk. I was just reminded of that little chat when I saw this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Sirsok

I'm definitely going to try and get a ticket for this in the morning. I'm off work on September 10th so I'm going to drive up from Kilkenny I'd say.
    A fellow Kilkenny man, I thought I was the only one!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Just announced

12th of Nov on sale tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

What's he gonna be doing or is he just promoting a new book/show/film etc?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

He needs to bring Mr. Socko to deal with any hecklers like there was last time.

Advertisement