Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Any Mistakes on the Coronation Street Live Episode?

• 09-12-2010 10:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭

Anyone catch any mistakes, I was pretty sure Izzy stood up in the bar to announce the birth of baby Hope, despite being disabled.

And I know that someone got in front of the camera in Roy's Rolls early enough in the episode when Claire and Hayley were talking

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭AfterDusk

Actually apparently Izzy's disability allows her to stand, she just can't walk.

But yes, I noticed a camera zoom mishap towards the end on Audrey and Claire in the Rovers

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Redbrunette

Anyone catch any mistakes, I was pretty sure Izzy stood up in the bar to announce the birth of baby Hope, despite being disabled.

And I know that someone got in front of the camera in Roy's Rolls early enough in the episode when Claire and Hayley were talking

Did you notice how the emergency service insisted on Sally wearing a hard hat before she went into Molly? Someone forgot her hard hat!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Colmo52

She just pushed herself up onto the bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Debthree

I thought the acting was fantastic. I had no idea they were such good actors - especially Leanne, she was amazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Was I imagining it or was the nurse at the end setting Peter up for the defibrilators smiling?

And did I hear someone talking off-camera as Claire was going into the Rovers or did they just have the mics set up on the wrong person?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Well I think that there were no obvious mistakes like there were in the Eastenders live show.. But I think the fact that it was shot at a crash scene left a lot of scope for making mistakes without being noticed... as a) there were lots of background distractions and b)any stuttering/mumbling over lines could be considered as being the character in shock..

Having said that, they did a brilliant job..

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Debthree

What's with Norris being so cold and uncaring? Asking if the milk was "off"? Is he always that much of a pr*ck?

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Ammsy500

Debthree wrote: »
    What's with Norris being so cold and uncaring? Asking if the milk was "off"? Is he always that much of a pr*ck?

No thats just corrie throwing in the usuall comedy factor :D Typical Norris in a time of crisis and hes bothered about the milk being gone off!

Great acting and as far as I could tell watching it their was no mistakes the only moment I really felt it was live was when Sally walked out and told Tyrone that Molly was dead you could barely see her face as someone was blocking the light but obviously nothing major like Eastenders and forgetting lines.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

The only thing I noticed was when Peter's machines flatlined (not sure how to term that) the 'priest' immediately closed his eyes as if he was dead. Was just a split second thing before the nurses etc got to him.

Leanne was very good. Actually they all were - I kept forgetting it was live.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Sally's hardhat was a small error...when the buzzsaw went in it would have been pushed on her head at least (however the actress is still wearing a wig due to her recent breast cancer treatment so any nervousness on an extra's part is understandable). As for her being there in the first place, thank heavens lawyers and insurance companies don't exist in Corrlieland.

Begrudging aside it was a hell of a live ep and well done all around.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭FluffyCat

I thought it was really good and it was hard to find goofs. But did anyone notice when becky was sitting in the back lane before she went to the shop to rob the money two people were talking in the background??
    Said something like 'have you got it, 1, 2, 3' and then they grunted as if they were lifting something???
    Maybe it was some of the crew otherwise it made no sense to the storyline!!

Also isnt the actress that plays Izzy disabled in real life? So the fact she pulled herself up on the bar just shows her strenght!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭peejay1986

FluffyCat wrote: »
    I thought it was really good and it was hard to find goofs. But did anyone notice when becky was sitting in the back lane before she went to the shop to rob the money two people were talking in the background??
    Said something like 'have you got it, 1, 2, 3' and then they grunted as if they were lifting something???
    Maybe it was some of the crew otherwise it made no sense to the storyline!!

I heard that too. I assumed it was a mistake and they put the wrong mic live at the time. Could've been the crew moving something at the tram crash scene.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

I thought they were trying to lift something off Molly,

Was Becky robbing the safe from the back of devs shop? might make a bit of sence if she was

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭FluffyCat

brightkane wrote: »
    I thought they were trying to lift something off Molly,

Was Becky robbing the safe from the back of devs shop? might make a bit of sence if she was

Molly wasnt in the sense when I heard the talking. Think it was mistake

Yeah becky sister is looking for more money and the safe was open which becky would have seen when she was helping sunita so....

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭shoes34

Ammsy500 wrote: »
    I really felt it was live was when Sally walked out and told Tyrone that Molly was dead you could barely see her face as someone was blocking the light but obviously nothing major like Eastenders and forgetting lines.

She never told Tyrone that Molly was dead he just grabbed her and hugged her but she never said a word - she was in shock after Molly told her that Kevin was Jack's father.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 audihax

Molly wasnt in the sense when I heard the talking. Think it was mistake

Yeah becky sister is looking for more money and the safe was open which becky would have seen when she was helping sunita so....

Not a very reliable safe then, is it...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

Molly wasnt in the sense when I heard the talking.

Yeah but Molly is in the shop with Becky outside it before robbing the safe. It'd make sense if she could hear them lifting something off Molly.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Seanie101

Janice said Deirdre WAS Peter's stepmum then corrected herself :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭chucken1

Seanie101 wrote: »
    Janice said Deirdre WAS Peter's stepmum then corrected herself :rolleyes:

Cos she..and we..? thought he was dead..Past tense :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Seanie101

chucken1 wrote: »

Ohhhhh, I thought she made a haims of it, my bad, not very attentive so I was proud of spotting that... The biggest mistake was by the producer though for not killing off Sean, the walking brandy advert!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Whiskey Devil

Only watch Corrie occassionally, but the live episode on Thursday completely surpassed my expectations! Jane Danson in particular (Leanne) was fantastic, should win any best performance awards going.. Just gonna re-watch it on the omnibus on TV3 now. :) Will keep an eye out for the slip-ups which I didn't even notice.. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

Yeah but Molly is in the shop with Becky outside it before robbing the safe. It'd make sense if she could hear them lifting something off Molly.

yeah thats what i thought also

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭pooch90

chucken1 wrote: »
    I assumed it was in the script and that Janice was just assuming Peter was going to die...then felt guilty and corrected herself?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Sorry, I didn't notice tihs thread earlier.Tina said something along the lines of 'he (Graham) didn't know she (Ashley) was dead...and there was another bit where Graham said 'on the other hand' and she replied 'never mind your hand etc'. (maybe that was deliberate:confused:).

Advertisement