French Charm? - French Bulldogs - Page 6 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

07-06-2012, 19:28   #76
crazyFeet

Send a message via Skype™ to crazyFeet
Well, Cooper is 4 months and a week now, he seems to do the business every time we bring him out (4-5 times a day, 2 minutes away from the apartment). We take him to sleep with us as it is easier for us to wake up together and go outside straight away, when we leave him in the kitchen for the night he just goes everywhere then. Is he still not able to control his bladder properly or just doesn't understand it? He pied on the couch today (first time ever) and i'm really pissed off, don't want to snap at him like i did today, please advice, any...
Advertisement
07-06-2012, 19:37   #77
tk123

Crate train OP
07-06-2012, 23:19   #78
ABajaninCork

Cooper's still a baby, so his bladder control won't be great.

Another suggestion is to watch for triggers, then take him outside. With mine, when he slept, ate, woke up, played, we took him out to do his business. When he peed, we said 'wee wee', and when he did a poop, we said poo, poo. Soon, he learnt to pee on command, which is useful. Last thing at night, I take him out and tell him to 'do his wees'. He does it, and generally we get a quiet night!

When he 'performed', he was praised like mad when he got in. Within two weeks, he'd got the idea, and was dry as in he didn't do his business in the house.

Hope this helps!
20-07-2012, 11:21   #79
crazyFeet

Send a message via Skype™ to crazyFeet
ok, cooper is 6 months now and 9kg weight, and growing toilet problems fade away shortly after the last post, as soon as we moved to our new big house and he got used to having the privacy of the back garden started obedience training couple weeks ago (full blast this time) and he is doing very well, no sleeping in bed, feeding time and command to wait till allowed to go for it, stay etc etc... it is a joy to bring him anywhere with us, very patient and obedient, all friends and family are more happy to see him at the door than us at this stage
20-07-2012, 20:54   #80
ABajaninCork

Cooper looks great! I love his ears...
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size