Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any other Civil Servants not get their wages this morning?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Buzz Killington the third

Do you people budget your wages down to the nearest second or is it really that much of an inconvenience if your pay is a day late?
    Well now... look who's loaded! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭buswankers

Do you people budget your wages down to the nearest second or is it really that much of an inconvenience if your pay is a day late?

Its not really about budgeting, some of us have direct debits set up to automatically come out on the last day of the month & therefore are charged if there is insufficient funds to meet these payments. It can be pretty costly for some people if their wages dont arrive on time to meet these DD's

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

I got paid so all is well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,371 ✭✭✭blackwhite

P_1 wrote: »
    Well tbh I'd imagine that the unions lobbying the employers to take their business from BOI would be more effective than them lobbying BOI directly. Of course if the unions have their accounts with BOI then a threat to bank elsewhere might have some impact.

If a trade union tried to tell us (or any other corporate) who to do our banking with they'd be swiftly told to FRO.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,719 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

You people sicken me!
    http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/you_people

Anyway im sure some run their finances that way and im sure others dont, thats usually what we find when we look at a group of people.
    Would you be so surprised that people might operate their finances in such a way that they expect to get paid on eh payday?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Maybe just concern that it's a problem isolated to the individual ?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭crazydom

No summer pay for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

cloud493 wrote: »
    I'm surprised by the amount of civil servants on here.

Who do you think has the time during the working day to keep boards afloat?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,727 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Specialun wrote: »
    does this mean that civil servants are going o do less today??

I did'nt know there were negative levels of work.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,247 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Its going to be worst Thursday ever in CFJs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

buswankers wrote: »
    Its not really about budgeting, some of us have direct debits set up to automatically come out on the last day of the month & therefore are charged if there is insufficient funds to meet these payments. It can be pretty costly for some people if their wages dont arrive on time to meet these DD's

we used to have the same, now we have them all coming out 2/3 days after pay day otherwise this stuff was stressing us out,

since then even if boi have it late in we still meet our DD's.

• Administrators Posts: 53,127 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

buswankers wrote: »

Seems like a risky business to set up your direct debits for the exact day you get paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 fizzyboy

Yes it is an inconvenience...peoplemhave bills and mortgages and I'm sorry, we don't all have the money to mmet our bills as we rely on our wages being in and on time. I really think you don't get it..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

No but quite a lot of people have their bills set up to go out the same day as they get paid and unfortunately if there is a delay in the wages coming in then the bills will either go unpaid or they go into an unexpected overdraft.

On a practical level it might be worthwhile for people to maybe change the days that their DDs and SOs leave their account to a day or two later to avoid having this kind of scenario repeating itself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

awec wrote: »
    Seems like a risky business to set up your direct debits for the exact day you get paid.

everything used run so seamlessly it was never an issue before.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 fizzyboy

With most direct debits you don't get the choice..it's the banks or utility providers etc. who decide when the debit come sout and you've no say in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,171 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Mmm. Apparently a lot of outfits in Ireland run payroll at the end of the month, with many people's mortgages and similar falling due on the first. This is a fine line, too fine. Which is probably why many American companies here fire the payroll about a week before month's-end.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Seems risky business for your employer not to pay you as per your contract.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

I totally dont have your money.... I swear....

fizzyboy wrote: »
    With most direct debits you don't get the choice..it's the banks or utility providers etc. who decide when the debit come sout and you've no say in it.

Which is why I don't use them. I think they have a bloody cheek expecting access to my current account to "dip in" when and to the amount that suits them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

The money's just resting in my account

• Administrators Posts: 53,127 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

fizzyboy wrote: »

Phone up and ask. Most will allow you to change your billing schedule no problem.

jimgoose wrote: »
    Which is why I don't use them. I think they have a bloody cheek expecting access to my current account to "dip in" when and to the amount that suits them.

SEPA gives you some protection on that now.

You can demand that any DD be refunded for up to 8 weeks after is taken, and the bank is obliged by law to return the funds to you.

I find it hard to believe that other people find it hard to believe that people actually might need their wages on payday.

blackwhite wrote: »
    SEPA gives you some protection on that now.

You can demand that any DD be refunded for up to 8 weeks after is taken, and the bank is obliged by law to return the funds to you.

I'd love to give that a try, but I have to attack a lunatic asylum with a banana shortly. After that, I think I might shave my head with a cheesegrater.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭neamhspleachi

BOI balls up, have no fear €'s in the A/C's by close of business today.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,502 ✭✭✭bennyl10

I find it hard to believe that other people find it hard to believe that people actually might need their wages on payday.

Ah but yasee Ah has an occasional anti civil\public service bias at times.. Seems to be a let's not pay the nurses or guards.. Yano leave the people who make this country work unpaid..
    If this,was the private sector though..there'd be outcry..

jimgoose wrote: »
    I'd love to give that a try, but I have to attack a lunatic asylum with a banana shortly. After that, I think I might shave my head with a cheesegrater.

New rules since February, its actually very simple.

But if people want to bury their head in the sand and ignore the protections that have been built into the system for them then that's their business :rolleyes:

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Ah but yasee Ah has an occasional anti civil\public service bias at times.. Seems to be a let's not pay the nurses or guards.. Yano leave the people who make this country work unpaid..
    If this,was the private sector though..there'd be outcry..

They should take their bucket of gruel when they get it, and be gods-damned grateful for that much!! :mad:

Is that better? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

I don't think they actually find it hard to believe, I think it's more a case of trying to embarrass those that need it [rollseyes at the bullies]

Advertisement