Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinion on Sat Nav Garmin Nuvi 2517LM

• 04-02-2014 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭

I have a Nuvi which is about 5 years old at this stage so could do with updating maps BUT ... it's probably a better deal to buy a new Garmin with lifetime maps.
    I spotted the Nuvu 2517LM is going for €99 thsi week in Aldi and it has got the free lifetime maps ..... would appreciate any thoughts on this one please!

Also, I have lane assist on my current Nuvi which I find handy - this seems a bit different

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,404 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Looks like a good deal price wise. It's only UK and Ireland maps though, the Full Europe version is the 2597.

EDIT: Sorry wrong model number there ...

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Only

Alun wrote: »
    Looks like a good deal price wise. It's only UK and Ireland maps though, the Full Europe version is the 2557.

Thanks a million for the reply! I actually hadn't spotted it was only Ireland and UK maps :o ... Looked like a good deal but think I might hold out for one with EU maps

• Registered Users Posts: 21,404 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Yes, they conveniently don't specify it, but there's a method to the nuvi range numbering scheme. The third digit specifies the map set and whether it supports bluetooth or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Only

Ah, thought I'd missed it somewhere. .. .Clever of them not to specify.
    Will take a look at the one you mentioned - thanks again!

Advertisement