Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

'48' Mobile operator - Prepaid offer - 3000mins & 5000 texts €10per month

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Walter White

doxy wrote: »
    I need to know this too. I'd rather keep my old number, but if porting it means I'll get nabbed I'll stick with the 089 one. Anyone over the age of 22 ported over specifically from o2?

Yeah, 2 people I know have ported over 1 from Meteor prepay and 1 from O2 prepay, both up and running with no problems..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭spider_pig

anyone recieveing strange mms messages on this network they wont come up on my phone but its giving an e mail addresss bbcagent.com

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 360 ✭✭djrichard

Do you HAVE to port a number over? Or does the simcard have its own number, which you can use if you choose?

With regards to them asking for a passport photocopy, isn't that what photoshop is for? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Irishchick

djrichard wrote: »
    Do you HAVE to port a number over? Or does the simcard have its own number, which you can use if you choose?

With regards to them asking for a passport photocopy, isn't that what photoshop is for? :D

The sim card has its own number if you don't want to port over.

The issue really isn't with the passport its with the fact that you have to lie. Usually if you lie about something like this it will void any terms and conditions that they would have to meet otherwise.

It may never happen but im just wondering what will happen if they do crack down on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,253 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Just an update

Decided to go for the new number and put the sim in an old phone I had.
    The online payment is now working. Paid the 10 euro and then bought the months membership. Made my first call.
    HAd a few problems with the signing on to the website, but got great help via email today

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭doxy

Can't find any details of their voicemail costs. Are they free when you purchase the membership?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I ordered my Sim on Monday and have heard nothing since!

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Noelly

phasers wrote: »
    I ordered my Sim on Monday and have heard nothing since!

I ordered mine 2 weeks ago and didn't get one. Sent them an email they said to order another.. Did so on Monday and didn't get it.. Emailed again and they said they'll try to sort it out :confused::rolleyes:

This is getting more amateur by the minute!

I still want my sim though :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Noelly

Same :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

djrichard wrote: »

No! This is what it's for:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Irishchick

It's pretty obvious at this stage that they don't have a workforce to match the demand.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Sure Thing

@irishchick
    Aint that the truth. I'm still waiting on a port over from Tuesday !:(

I requested a port over earlier today from o2 and it was done within the hour, weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

I got my sim but I am afraid to use it.
    Will sell it to the highest bidder though. :p

I got...43 cent and a half pack of polo mints

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

:-/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,535 ✭✭✭JTMan

In The Sunday Business Post today, 38 year old reporter Adrian Weckler admits to ignoring the age rules and successfully signing up.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,091 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Fungus wrote: »
    In The Sunday Business Post today, 38 year old reporter Adrian Weckler admits to ignoring the age rules and successfully signing up.

He must have never been on o2 or used a false name, anyone I know outside the age limit and has been previously on o2 has not got a sim. Do we know the legality of o2 sharing customer information with 48 yet.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

He must have never been on o2 or used a false name, anyone I know outside the age limit and has been previously on o2 has not got a sim. Do we know the legality of o2 sharing customer information with 48 yet.

I'm over the age limit with O2 and got a sim using my real name and address, also manage to register but said I was 18 :)

• Advertisement

@ Nava

Did you additionally port over your number from O2 ?

I'm "over the limit", a pre-existing O2 customer as well. I received a Sim , and registered it ok, but am still waiting a port over from them these last few days. 48 mistakenly I am told requested a "multi line" port instead of a single line port , for which O2 initially refused. They are in the process of re-requesting it currently, hopefully it will come to a successful conclusion tomorrow.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

Sure Thing wrote: »
    @ Nava

Did you additionally port over your number from O2 ?

nope still in contract for another few months

My current number was originally on Vodafone (087), I ported it to o2 a few years ago, and have now ported it to 48months. I can't remember if I actually had to give my DOB to o2 when I ported there from vodafone, it's been a while ago now. Either way, I had no problem porting from o2 to 48months.

Thats good to hear, sounds like my situation should be resolvable then.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Well I've been previously with O2 a year ago or so and have a 48 sim now with my name and address - only changed date of birth when registering.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

I've used completely false details (i.e. name and age) and successfully activated the sim. maybe don't use your real names

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭G S R

There's obviously lads from 48 here.

Any of them want to explain?

Also, how do they expect to keep a sustainable business if the kick you off their network once you turn 22?

For my usage, I'm better off staying with Meteor anyway as I use a bit of data.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

G S R wrote: »
    Also, how do they expect to keep a sustainable business if the kick you off their network once you turn 22?

I think they'll do what Blyk did in the UK... "Members who joined before turning 25 were not removed from the network on their 25th birthday, but were unable to rejoin if they left."
    For my usage, I'm better off staying with Meteor anyway as I use a bit of data.

It looks like that's the way the market is going. There's networks and offers that are better value for talk and texts, and others that are better value for data.

I had a listen to their 2 new "X-rated" radio ads on YouTube, just rude and offensive, in poor taste I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Oracle wrote: »
    I had a listen to their 2 new "X-rated" radio ads on YouTube, just rude and offensive, in poor taste I think.

Embarassed for them listening to it. But I'm well out of their target age market! Surely 18-22 yr olds are cleverer than these ads give them credit for?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

Shocking ads. I'm embarrassed for them and I am their target market, 19yo male.

Advertisement