Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The long dreaded wait...

• 03-03-2015 10:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭

Hi all,

New here. Stumbled on this forum yesterday while searching for answers. I applied back in Sept 2013 and have very slowly moved through the process. In Nov/Dec 2014 i passed my fitness, medical and online learning. I now play the waiting game. Its been some 2 months since the closing date of the online learning and every time i contact recruitment im told that i've passed the remaining stages but they cant comment any further. Any one else at this stage? Im wondering whether i should just give up and move on to something else, its been a lifetime.

What are other peoples experiences? Anyone able to offer up some reassurance?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭CDizzle

I'm still waiting on vetting clearing. For something that should have been straight forward it's been 6 months and still ongoing. And there probably won't be another intake from the campaign.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭majgreen

CDizzle wrote: »
    I'm still waiting on vetting clearing. For something that should have been straight forward it's been 6 months and still ongoing. And there probably won't be another intake from the campaign.

Were you 2013 recruitment or 2014? There have been 10 intakes of around 30 students. Presuming they all passed (which they won't) that still leaves 78 places

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭MissWillow12

majgreen wrote: »
    Were you 2013 recruitment or 2014? There have been 10 intakes of around 30 students. Presuming they all passed (which they won't) that still leaves 78 places

The intakes have been more than 30 also think the CC mentioned that they have reached the full 378 from campaign one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 runningriot

I don't even think the psni know if there will be another intake themselves. Apparently confirmation for the last one came on the same day the calls went out, and it was for an intake of 21, so half what they had been. I spoke to one of the officers, and he said that he wasn't aware that campaign 1 was finished, but they just weren't aware of ever certain when the intakes are going to be. They all want the recruitment to continue, and obviously need it to, it's unfortunately just money.

I hope you get the call. It's an agonising wait, but when it comes it is so worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 runningriot

Also the pass rate is very high. Of all the recruits taken in, I believe it's 2 that have fallen out of the process. And that was through not applying themselves sufficiently.

• Advertisement

The intakes have been more than 30 also think the CC mentioned that they have reached the full 378 from campaign one.

Thats interesting. My dad was in Ballykinler in early January and there was a group of around 30 recruits who were just finishing their final weeks of training. Apparently they had lost a couple of people. If campaign one is full, i wonder why i am still waiting for the call/rejection letter as i was campaign one! Seems very unorganised and badly informed.

Also the pass rate is very high. Of all the recruits taken in, I believe it's 2 that have fallen out of the process. And that was through not applying themselves sufficiently.

Interesting. As i had said above i had heard of two dropping out (in January alone) - will be interesting to see where this all goes. No doubt alot of people in my shoes right now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭chickidee

I was 'informed' that they were nearly through Campaign 1 in January - I assume that the Feb/March intake was the last for this Campaign.

I believe that the new financial year in April will allow them to process those from Campaign 2, under the new budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭KevBo2015

I would echo what the others have said here, think the first campaign is done and the second will continue with the new financial year in April. You could always ring HR and ask but I would imagine you will just be told that they know nothing.

chickidee wrote: »
    I was 'informed' that they were nearly through Campaign 1 in January - I assume that the Feb/March intake was the last for this Campaign.

I believe that the new financial year in April will allow them to process those from Campaign 2, under the new budget.

Well thats dissapointing. I'll wait for my rejection letter lol. Im at the stage now where im close to giving up and moving on to something else. Is the March intake still on going or is that what people were posting about a few weeks ago?

• Advertisement

KevBo2015 wrote: »
    I would echo what the others have said here, think the first campaign is done and the second will continue with the new financial year in April. You could always ring HR and ask but I would imagine you will just be told that they know nothing.

Thats exactly what they've said. They confirm that i have passed the final 5 stages but cannot comment further. I'll be more annoyed that i had to go through the 4 weeks online learning and not get taken further than anything. Surely they would've known back then not to bother taking me further?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭chickidee

It's those who got the call in late Feb - they have just completed their induction weekend, I believe, and they will therefore start in G'ville sometime this month (I assume)

chickidee wrote: »
    It's those who got the call in late Feb - they have just completed their induction weekend, I believe and they will therefore start in G'ville sometime this month (I assume)

Thanks! Its what i thought was the case... Time to reconsider the army

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭KevBo2015

Are you in the second campaign? Maybe you will have better luck in it. The whole thing is a bit of a mess to be fair, it takes so long and people are not sure where they stand or whats happening and its peoples lives, goals and dreams we are talking about.

KevBo2015 wrote: »
    Are you in the second campaign? Maybe you will have better luck in it. The whole thing is a bit of a mess to be fair, it takes so long and people are not sure where they stand or whats happening and its peoples lives, goals and dreams we are talking about.

Nope, first campaign. Did my IST in Nov 13, then my AC in Jan 14. Medical, fitness and online learning completed through Nov/Dec 14.

I had applied for campaign 2 but couldnt get off word to atten the AC the second time around so had to drop it.

I think this is whats confused me the most. Im still from Campaign 1 and they've taken me this far, yet im no closer to knowing where i stand. For such a professional organisation its actually quite a shambles as to how poorly its been ran. HR also never give definitive answers which is so frustrating. I assume most people left on here are campaign 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭pb82

Nope, first campaign. Did my IST in Nov 13, then my AC in Jan 14. Medical, fitness and online learning completed through Nov/Dec 14.

I had applied for campaign 2 but couldnt get off word to atten the AC the second time around so had to drop it.

I think this is whats confused me the most. Im still from Campaign 1 and they've taken me this far, yet im no closer to knowing where i stand. For such a professional organisation its actually quite a shambles as to how poorly its been ran. HR also never give definitive answers which is so frustrating. I assume most people left on here are campaign 2?

As previously stated, HR are unaware of the intakes and numbers, the decision to take on 21 was made last week, calls went out that very day with an induction last weekend

Now when I got the call I had 5 weeks before my induction never mind actually starting

With the timescales and decisions being made now at such short notice they must have a pool of applicants ready to go with everything completed, this is why they have made you complete everything as normal

They simply do not know if funding will come available from another intake. Hr don't know, gv don't know, I'd go as far as to say the CC himself doesn't know

Frustrating for all involved no doubt but I can see why they progress your application as normal

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭CDizzle

Not sure what thread to post this on, but i just got notification of a credit check. I doubt they'll need another intake but might give hope to some people.

CDizzle wrote: »
    Not sure what thread to post this on, but i just got notification of a credit check. I doubt they'll need another intake but might give hope to some people.

I did that last September? Can't imagine they'd pay for all these Medicals and credit checks if they weren't taking you forward

• Registered Users Posts: 3 IKWT2015

Hi all,

New here. Stumbled on this forum yesterday while searching for answers. I applied back in Sept 2013 and have very slowly moved through the process. In Nov/Dec 2014 i passed my fitness, medical and online learning. I now play the waiting game. Its been some 2 months since the closing date of the online learning and every time i contact recruitment im told that i've passed the remaining stages but they cant comment any further. Any one else at this stage? Im wondering whether i should just give up and move on to something else, its been a lifetime.

What are other peoples experiences? Anyone able to offer up some reassurance?!

I've been a long time lurker since I applied. Gained many bits of useful info on here throughout the process but have now felt compelled to comment.
    I'm in exactly the same boat as you majgreen and have done each stage in the sane time period as you. (we may have met at some point along the way)
    But like you I'm lost as to what's next, if anything apart from a rejection letter/call. I received a letter about the next campaign and that my application won't be processed at present but I'd love to know anything official about the 2013 campaign!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 IKWT2015

Just to add, when I last contacted HR it was regarding my vetting which hadn't been cleared yet. That was January despite a credit check being done back in October.

• Advertisement

IKWT2015 wrote: »
    Just to add, when I last contacted HR it was regarding my vetting which hadn't been cleared yet. That was January despite a credit check being done back in October.

Last time I contacted them (a few weeks ago) they said that had passed the remaining stages and was on the merit list. Frustrating. I guess we'll all find out in a month or so. Either way

Advertisement