Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Student paramedic 2013

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭medic780

Anybody on here after accepting the offer??

• Registered Users Posts: 21 crazyncute

medic780 wrote: »
    Anybody on here after accepting the offer??

Yeah I did!

crazyncute wrote: »
    Yeah I did!

Me too!!! Roll on May been a long time coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭sjb25

Congrats guys hopefully the rest of us will get there in another while

It really has! Can't quite believe it's actually happening!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 newby88

Well done all! Can I ask approximately what number on the panel ye reckon they are up to?

newby88 wrote: »
    Well done all! Can I ask approximately what number on the panel ye reckon they are up to?

Highest iv heard is around 50 mark

newby88 wrote: »

I was number 60 on original panel.

I was number 60 on original panel.

I now of gone 10 more in what I knew to be the highest :) better again

sjb25 wrote: »
    I now of gone 10 more in what I knew to be the highest :) better again

They went as far as 66 on the new panel my buddy was 67 and missed out by one :(

• Advertisement

It really has! Can't quite believe it's actually happening!

I know it's been a long 18 months. Now it's finally here I'm nervously excited. :)

They went as far as 66 on the new panel my buddy was 67 and missed out by one :(

Aw you'd be raging..... Hopefully there will be some more offers this year at least ur freind will no he's next not that it will help a lot :)

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Bang Bang

Tell your buddy to not book any holidays in the Autumn ;)

Bang Bang wrote: »
    Tell your buddy to not book any holidays in the Autumn ;)

Aye I've heard that all right I hope it's true for him but unless I see it in writing I won't believe it lol

• Registered Users Posts: 19 GAVINCC

Roll on May, has anyone looked for cheap B n B's in the area

GAVINCC wrote: »
    Roll on May, has anyone looked for cheap B n B's in the area

Not yet it's gonna b expensive tho

• Registered Users Posts: 9 duck27

try airbnb.com
    might be worth a shot

It would seem it's moved another bit a freind of mine in the very late 60s almost 70 just got an offer for the dublin class by email

• Registered Users Posts: 20 smoothyP

It would seem it's moved another bit a freind of mine in the very late 60s almost 70 just got an offer for the dublin class by email

I'm Mr 67 and I got an offer this morning my friend is 69 and he got an offer this afternoon. Happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 kwall04

Yeah I did!

Well done GM see you in may

• Advertisement

smoothyP wrote: »
    I'm Mr 67 and I got an offer this morning my friend is 69 and he got an offer this afternoon. Happy days.

And I know mr 68 who got his this afternoon that's excellent wonder how far the went :)

And I know mr 68 who got his this afternoon that's excellent wonder how far the went :)

As far as I know it didn't go past 69 I know someone in very early 70s. Good to see the pannel is finally moving and it's getting well up to the numbers..

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭madmaxvideo

How many is on the existing panel?

How many is on the existing panel?

Around 160 not sure exactly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭adam88

I wonder whats the reason for so many
    People rejecting the places

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Bang Bang

adam88 wrote: »

A changing economy, it happens with public service appointments when there are changes to the economy.
    For example, recruitments prior to the economic downturn generally saw applicants who really desired a career in the service, very few would defer or decline offers. Now go to 2013 and Ireland is well into a recession and the only state service recruiting was the NAS, many applied because it was a job and not because it was their chosen career. Some were successful in gaining a place on the panel, but then the economy began to change again with a slight improvement, as hard as it is to see it, some who applied just because it was a job are now looking to return to their previous careers, careers which may be recruiting again.

One other reason would be the negative media the NAS receives, much of it done with little research or knowledge of the service. This negative media will also turn off successful applicants who applied just because it was a job. Those who really desired a career as a paramedic would have fully researched the role and will probably see through much of the media bashing, thus will continue on into the career of a paramedic.

Having said that, there will always be a small number of genuine interests whose situations have changed, marriage, mortgage, better paid job amongst others who choose not to pursue their desired career any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭pauld81

Bang Bang wrote: »
    A changing economy, it happens with public service appointments when there are changes to the economy.
    For example, recruitments prior to the economic downturn generally saw applicants who really desired a career in the service, very few would defer or decline offers. Now go to 2013 and Ireland is well into a recession and the only state service recruiting was the NAS, many applied because it was a job and not because it was their chosen career. Some were successful in gaining a place on the panel, but then the economy began to change again with a slight improvement, as hard as it is to see it, some who applied just because it was a job are now looking to return to their previous careers, careers which may be recruiting again.

One other reason would be the negative media the NAS receives, much of it done with little research or knowledge of the service. This negative media will also turn off successful applicants who applied just because it was a job. Those who really desired a career as a paramedic would have fully researched the role and will probably see through much of the media bashing, thus will continue on into the career of a paramedic.

Having said that, there will always be a small number of genuine interests whose situations have changed, marriage, mortgage, better paid job amongst others who choose not to pursue their desired career any more.

So anyone who isn't sure if it's the job for them anymore, and ask the question should I accept the offer, I say Sh#t or get off the pot! Their's plenty who really want this job!

adam88 wrote: »

Because they knew you were taking it Ads :)

• Registered Users Posts: 27 kwall04

any one hear from pre employment yet?

• Advertisement

kwall04 wrote: »
    any one hear from pre employment yet?

You probably won't hear anything until the March class is completely sorted paperwork wise

Advertisement