Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Drone dangers / advantages

Options
  • 03-02-2015 12:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭

Maybe I'm looking too far ahead but I fully expect some of our criminal fraternity to be first out of the traps to use drones :( Handy for casing remote or even suburban houses with zoom cameras to look inside to see if anyones around and also for associates to keep watch for returning householders.
    As far as AGS is concerned if it's anything like the rest of it's 'technology' it'll be 10 years before they try anything out, even though it would be an invaluable tool - 'rules/procedeures/regulation' will have to be complied with - unlike the criminals who just throw the 'rules' onto the bonfire :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

Capri wrote: »
    Maybe I'm looking too far ahead but I fully expect some of our criminal fraternity to be first out of the traps to use drones :( ......

ye will have to counteract that a bit

FLIR for yer phone :

http://flir.com/flirone/buy-eu.cfm

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

I don't actually think this is the case, in terms of drawing attention to yourself, flying a noisy quad whilst standing around with a transmitter in your hand will draw much more attention to a gouger than just walking around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

They've already used them to try fly drugs into prison.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭bravestar

Good reason to have a 12g and some no. 6 shot in the patrol car :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭xper

civdef wrote: »
    I don't actually think this is the case, in terms of drawing attention to yourself, flying a noisy quad whilst standing around with a transmitter in your hand will draw much more attention to a gouger than just walking around.

What about something smaller...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Its more a matter of when rather than if.

I would like to see the stats on both.

How long a drone can stay in the air , how much payload can it carry etc.

As Drone technology increases chances are they will encroach on the role Police helicopters play.

policemicrodrone-1024x682.jpg

Advertisement