Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Best Irish hotel you ever stayed in.

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭IrishAlice

Doom wrote: »
    I don't get away often, I like to save up a have a decent hotel even if its for one night.
    Myself and the OH are in Killarney, there is a jucuzzi in our bedroom ( in the actual room, not bathroom) with a lovely view if the mountains out the window
    So tell us, your posh get aways....

What hotel is this? I want to stay somewhere with a jacuzzi in the room!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

Lake Hotel Killarney has jacuzzi in certain rooms with great views. Lovely hotel though no pool which has upside of less kids. It's right next to park entrance too so great for those who want to explore it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,774 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

mfceiling wrote: »
    Heading to The Shelbourne next saturday for the wife's birthday...will report back on sunday.

Oh dear....€289 for a room for the night. Lovely, get checked in and go up to the room. The wife says..."I can't wait to have a bath and get ready to go"

Opened the bathroom door....no bath. A shower head with a plastic hose attached with a pull down plastic chair for a wheelchair user. To compound matters, the floor then flooded as the water couldn't get down the plug fast enough. Couldn't go back into the bathroom for over an hour as the standing water on the floor didn't dry meaning huge wet footprints on the room carpet.

I've seen nicer bathrooms in a 3 star hotel in Carlow at less than half the price.

Told the duty manager this morning..."I'm very sorry to hear that"...

Well I feel much better now that you were sorry to hear that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭DarkyHughes

I like the Salthill hotel. There's a nice one in Westport aswell.

Oh dear....€289 for a room for the night. Lovely, get checked in and go up to the room. The wife says..."I can't wait to have a bath and get ready to go"

Opened the bathroom door....no bath. A shower head with a plastic hose attached with a pull down plastic chair for a wheelchair user. To compound matters, the floor then flooded as the water couldn't get down the plug fast enough. Couldn't go back into the bathroom for over an hour as the standing water on the floor didn't dry meaning huge wet footprints on the room carpet.

I've seen nicer bathrooms in a 3 star hotel in Carlow at less than half the price.

You should have mentioned it last night and demanded a new room , plus an upgrade for the bother.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

You must have got a disabled room would definitely have rang reception and asked for a different room. Always need to say something to reception at the time not much they can do the next morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,030 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

I stayed in Dromoland Castle last month and loved it, definitely pricy, but as a once off it was worth it. The restaurant was excellent.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,569 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Longueville House or the Lough Erne Resort - it's a toss up between the two.

Blingy wrote: »
    You must have got a disabled room would definitely have rang reception and asked for a different room. Always need to say something to reception at the time not much they can do the next morning.

Hotel was fully booked for a wedding unfortunately.

Hotel was fully booked for a wedding unfortunately.

thats an awful shame you didnt have a good night :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭TUBBY

Thank you for the recommendation! Agreed that all of the above are fabulous hotels though.

Warm regards,
    Vicky

Is there a free night going for the review :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Creative Juices

I like the Salthill hotel. There's a nice one in Westport aswell.

There's a nice Salthill hotel in Westport?

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭swimming in a sea

The Best Slieve Donard Hotel, Co. Down N.I.

&

Worst Johnstown House, Enfield (what a dump)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,710 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

I haven't read the full thread...

But for me, the best hotel is The Merchant in Belfast... they treat you really well, it's friendly, but still 5*.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

There's a nice Salthill hotel in Westport?

I was going to ask the same question myself

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Larry Wildman

Bluefoam wrote: »
    I haven't read the full thread...

But for me, the best hotel is The Merchant in Belfast... they treat you really well, it's friendly, but still 5*.

Hotels in foreign jurisdictions don't count...

Hotels in foreign jurisdictions don't count...

Just checked the map there and it seems that Belfast is still within the island of Ireland...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭bluto63

Either the Meyrick in Galway or Parknasilla in Kerry

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

I agree bluto63, they are very good!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

The Radison Blu hotel Galway, had a lovely stay there last year. The bed was massive! Lost points on the breakfast though.

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 6 Verified rep Glenlo Abbey Hotel: Vicky

Glenlo Abbey in galway. Great venue. Beautiful surroundings. Novel restaurant and excellent staff.
    Massive room with a sofa and big TV and a very comfy bed.

Breakfast was fantastic also with a huge selection on offer

Couldn't fault it.

Thank you for the recommendation! We look forward to welcoming you back to Glenlo Abbey in the near future.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭leinsterdude

Was in sleeve russell this week not quite as nice as before, Cavan crystal a bit tired too

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,983 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Doom wrote: »
    I don't get away often, I like to save up a have a decent hotel even if its for one night.
    Myself and the OH are in Killarney, there is a jucuzzi in our bedroom ( in the actual room, not bathroom) with a lovely view if the mountains out the window
    So tell us, your posh get aways....

As the OP hasn't come back with an update as to which Hotel they are in.. I'm going to take a guess and say that they are staying in Darby O'Gills in Killarney...About the only thing going for it is the fact that a few rooms have a massive Hot-tub in the room....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Without doubt the Woodenbridge hotel in arklow

Amazing views fabulous food and some of the best service I have ever experienced

Got married there on Tuesday and every single guest had a great time with not even a single complaint

Will be going back with the wife asap

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Dionysius2

The Great Southern Hotel in Kenmare (now the Park Hotel).....Ooooohhh, the sweetness of it all. But then again maybe it was the blonde on the adjoining pillow.....all my Mammy ever told me went out the window that night for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Sparks43 wrote: »

Amazing views fabulous food and some of the best service I have ever experienced

Got married there on Tuesday and every single guest had a great time with not even a single complaint

Whooohoo! Congrats. Best of luck for your married life.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭Curly Judge

Sparks43 wrote: »

Bet you never had so much fun without laughing? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Creative Juices

bluto63 wrote: »
    Either the Meyrick in Galway or Parknasilla in Kerry

The Meyrick (old Great Southern) in Galway? Seriously, there are loads of better hotels in Galway never mind Ireland.

Advertisement