Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for information on a very obscure gaming book

• 14-08-2010 11:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭

Hi everyone
    I'm hoping someone can help me. I'm trying to find out some information about a very old and definitely out of print book from my misspend youth.
    It was called the Rocky Horror Monster Show, had a big green monster face on the cover and was a beginners guide to running your own adventure games or RPGs.
    I Remember that one of the mechanics was a table of absolutely anything that listed the difficulty of completing a task from trivially easy to impossible with numbers beside each level of difficulty.
    You had to roll 6 D6 and add the number beside the difficulty, if your total was 36 or more than you managed to do your task properly.

There were also plenty of weird monsters listed including the Pondawoozle bird that came as a pair. I think the male was harmless and let you kill it but the female could lay explosive eggs on you in revenge for killing its mate.

Unfortunately I can't find this book online anywhere and my missus thinks I've made the whole thing up. Can anyone else remember this book or was I the only one who has ever heard of this book?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

I tried ebay search but I don't think this was it, so close though!
    swbmdg1oty1mjexna.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭obliviousgrudge

I think I heard about that on TV once, sadly it wasn't a show that pointed me to where you could buy it (not that I would want it) I think either Gil, or possibly Greg referred to it on CSI once.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Moving to Games (Literature not particularly being a relevant place for it:)) It's possible that one of the Games subforums might be a better place again for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

Try here, might have some info

http://www.rpg.net/

Advertisement