Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Library opening hours - Christmas

• 04-12-2014 9:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,324 ✭✭✭✭

Not the most exciting topic I know, but even with the "extended" opening hours that the library will have over the study period the hours are fairly pathetic, especially not opening on the Sunday.

I know the volume of students here isn't huge but it is fairly frustrating.

Just a comparison to UCD's library hours shows how poor it is here. . .

WIT:
    rom Monday 8th December, until Saturday the 20th December, the Luke Wadding Library and College Street Library is extending its opening hours for the Christmas exam period. See below for details of extended opening hours:
    Mon – Thurs: 08:30* – 22:00
    Friday: 08:30* – 19:00
    Saturday: 08:30 – 16:30

UCD:

UCDHours_zps009718aa.jpg

Am I right to be slightly annoyed or is it an over-reaction?

***Thread may have been created while procrastinating

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭invara

No you are dead right to be annoyed- it is simply about money. WIT cannot afford to run the library for longer. Ask you TD to give WIT more money (UCD students get around 14k a head, WIT around 9k a head). We want a proper university now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

You can argue that UCD is an outlier. Not only it's open on Sunday, it closes on the weekend at 9pm. That's really good. Trinity's main library actually cuts its opening hours starting next week, closing at 5pm on weekdays. But TCD is different in that there are no Christmas exams.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 UCW

Fantastic to see that innovation and a can do attitude paid dividends for the UCC students who now have extended library hours.

I believe the UCC Students Union played a pivotal role so what have WITSU being organising.

No doubt promises were made before the last election so are WITSU delivering for WIT students and vindicating their generous salaries???

• Registered Users Posts: 14,324 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

UCW wrote: »
    Fantastic to see that innovation and a can do attitude paid dividends for the UCC students who now have extended library hours.

I believe the UCC Students Union played a pivotal role so what have WITSU being organising.

No doubt promises were made before the last election so are WITSU delivering for WIT students and vindicating their generous salaries???

10750172_684352798330587_6242579849485154189_o.jpg

;) :rolleyes:

Advertisement