Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Well done - people of Clara

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Babooshka

God, I'm going to have to stop reading boards,
    It always the same people who have only one opinion and an inability to heard anyone else.
    So someone from Clara has an opinion
    It doesn’t fit with your opinion.
    They must be stupid

God you're going to have to stop reading boards. Someone posts an opinion that differs from yours. They must...no, wait...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Jesus,i picked a right whopper of a thread to read 1st this morning..
    I think the stars rating should be used on every thread like on you tube so we can know the good threads from the sh1te..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Babooshka

I think it's more to do with the fact she put her opinion across like a complete and utter retard. Or at least that's what I'm getting from this anyways. :pac:

More or less, but she wasn't alone in it, there was more than one.Point made, I'm off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,919 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

I think if Brian Cowen committed rape, armed robbery and murder the people of Clara would blame Dubs for it.

Thats just the way culchies are.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

orourkeda wrote: »
    I think if Brian Cowen committed rape, armed robbery and murder the people of Clara would blame Dubs for it.

Thats just the way culchies are.

Wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭monkeypants

Its the same when a stabbing occurs anywhere in Ireland.
    The ould ones on the radio saying.
    "Nothing like this has ever happened here before"
    "You hear of these things happening in Limerick or Dublin or somewhere like that but not down here"
    "Its awful you know, I wont be able to go out at night for fear"
    "The village/town/parish is so quiet, I suppose it all the drugs they are taking now a days"
    "I can only pray it wont happen again"
    "Everybody knows everyone here and we are all quite friendly, Im in shock"
    They've got a point. Historically all they had was incest and domestic rape and that was done behind closed doors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,919 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Wrong.

no

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭Elevator

haven't seen this but can well imagine the state of this die-hard Cowen fan!!

I totally know what ya mean op, it's just a pity the PC brigade are intent on lambasting you for pointing out one of the saddest traits of some of our population

Cowen can put his name to a swimming pool in clara so the locals won't have a bad word said about him!!

*get me to Berlin now please, I've had more than enough of my home country

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

orourkeda wrote: »
    no

Leave the pale and get back to us on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

I can see the direction this is going !

The day of the hangover interview, you might remember all the OUTRAGE in the media. I was listening to Matt Cooper and he was ready to kill somebody. If Cowen was in the studio, he would have pulled his head off and danced on it.

I switched over to Midlands 103 during their evening news. They had a vox-pop of about six or seven people on the streets of Tullamore. The excuses they were coming up with were brilliant!

"Maybe he has a cold? Did anyone think of that?"

"Brian has been very good to us here, I can't imagine him doing something like that"

"Well, I think it was too early. I tell you, if somebody asked me to be doing interviews at that time, I'd tell them where to go"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Guill

This thread has to be embarrassing for the OP.

I wasn't listening to the radio this morning because I have a job. (I am making unfounded assumptions just like OP)
    The stupidity to generalise the entire population of a town based on one woman’s comments shows your level of intelligence or ignorance, whichever word you understand...

Cowen had a hangover, did a radio interview, big deal, he was reciting the same bull he does every day. He was not exactly making critical political decisions on morning radio, if this happened in the Dail I would understand the uproar but I just don’t give a sh1t about a man having a hangover talking to a radio show that I never heard of until last this started.

I love the mentally unstable comment, yet another fool who for some reason thinks geography defines people’s mental condition.

I seen a Heroin junky on TV last night from Dublin/Athlone/Mullingar/Kilkenny/ (entire you town here). Wow they are all crazy there, all off their heads, what a sh1thole, can’t believe that they haven't been sterilised yet, etc, etc, etc. Seriously? Is this the level we as a country have reduced ourselves too? Instead of moving forward we are going around slagging each other off because of a hangover? Woman on the radio?

Some seriously narrow minded people in this forum.

Oh wait....

Yesh i is from Clara!

ha!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭thebigbiffo

I've been to Clara Nigeria many times, tried to avoid it to no avail. It's inhabitants are mentally unstable, and I'm not generalising.

It should be nuked from orbit.
    Renn wrote: »
    Oh and Daingean albania is another dive. And Tullamore romania should be avoided at all costs.

i'd be infracted/banned and nodin would be down on this thread like a buzzard on a gut wagon if i'd posted this.

boards is strange

• Registered Users Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭Renn

You should be infracted/banned for being a biffo tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

This thread reminded me of Claralara fun park (in one of the many other, better Claras in the country).

I weep for their webmaster: http://www.claralara.com/

Went there once on a school trip.
    One of my classmates fell and broke his front teeth.
    His parents sued the place and we couldn't go there any more. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

Christ, how Irish is this thread?:rolleyes:

People from one part of this little tiny country bitching & moaning about people who live 60 miles away.
    This thread is embarrasing.

Yes it is. Very much so.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭Renn

Rolleyes. Sweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,576 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

Babooshka wrote: »
    To the people of Clara

This country is so small and as full of peasants as the potato days. I can see why the English made fun of us, pains me and all to say it, but I can.

if you are embarrassed to be Irish , just leave and stop moaning

Go back to Hawking DVD's for drugs Jackeen.

(Wow, being a complete retard is fun!)

Elevator wrote: »
    haven't seen this but can well imagine the state of this die-hard Cowen fan!!

I totally know what ya mean op, it's just a pity the PC brigade are intent on lambasting you for pointing out one of the saddest traits of some of our population

Cowen can put his name to a swimming pool in clara so the locals won't have a bad word said about him!!

*get me to Berlin now please, I've had more than enough of my home country

Can you explain, where is the Brian Cowen swimming pool?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Guill wrote: »
    This thread has to be embarrassing for the OP.

I wasn't listening to the radio this morning because I have a job. I woz on the interwebs.
    Yesh i is from Clara!
    Your town was on the radio and you didn't listen. :eek: For shame, you'll have no input in the after mass conversation now.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

alwaysadub wrote: »
    Jesus,i picked a right whopper of a thread to read 1st this morning..
    I think the stars rating should be used on every thread like on you tube so we can know the good threads from the sh1te..

I had that same idea this morning, but when I filtered the forum based on stars... well, it's a nice idea

• Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭thebigbiffo

you should be infracted/banned for that half-wit joke tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 23,974 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Guill wrote: »
    Go back to Hawking DVD's for drugs Jackeen.

(Wow, being a complete retard is fun!)

Amazon only takes money for these.

http://www.amazon.com/Stephen-Hawkings-Universe-Hawking/dp/0780631315

ScumLord wrote: »
    Your town was on the radio and you didn't listen. :eek: For shame, you'll have no input in the after mass conversation now.

Actually i'm atheist so i wont be at the Brian Cowen Church of redemption.
    But maybe after mass i could meet everyone in the Brian Cowen Inn and we could discuss it then? We would probably head to the Brian Cowen swimming pool for our monthly baths then and then sing songs about brian Cowen until our cow(ens) come home.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Since this turned into another culchies vs jackeens thread somehow I'll just put it out of its misery.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

biko wrote: »
    Another culchies vs jackeens thread?
    No thanks.

You for got to put the lock back on !!! :eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement