Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

nail polish thread :) *Do Not Quote Pics!*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

I did this...
    5941693494_96701c3340_m.jpg

And then I did this...
    5941133095_bf92a36588_m.jpg

And then I did this...
    5941693258_1bffc8de16_m.jpg

Okay it's sloppy but I will attempt it again once I get some French manicure strips! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

China Glaze - names on photos :P

China%2BGlaze%2BCowgirl%2BUp%2B1.jpg

China%2BGlaze%2BCowgirl%2BUp%2B2.jpg

China%2BGlaze%2BCowgirl%2BUp%2B3.jpg

China%2BGlaze%2BRodeo%2BFanatic%2B1.jpg

China%2BGlaze%2BRodeo%2BFanatic%2B2.jpg

China%2BGlaze%2BRodeo%2BFanatic%2B3.jpg

China%2BGlaze%2BUp%2BAll%2BNight%2B1.jpg

China%2BGlaze%2BUp%2BAll%2BNight%2B2.jpg

China%2BGlaze%2BUp%2BAll%2BNight%2B3.jpg

China%2BGlaze%2BCowgirl%2BUp%2BRodeo%2BFanatic%2BUp%2BAll%2BNight%2B1.jpg

China+Glaze+Cowgirl+Up+Rodeo+Fanatic+Up+All+Night+2.jpg

China Glaze - names on photos :P

Up All Night is gorgeous! Did you get them on eBay?

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Karona

More water marbling I did on my friend and myself tonight.

Up All Night is gorgeous! Did you get them on eBay?
    I did get them on eBay. Would you like a link to the seller?:)

• Advertisement

I did get them on eBay. Would you like a link to the seller?:)

Yes please :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Denisejcc

musical.x wrote: »
    awh lucky! i actually never get complimented on my nails varnish!EVER! i'm going to get this and i swear if i dont get compliments i will scream :p good luck with your date :D hope all goes well. the polish might catch their eye ;)

Hee hee, the security guard in work commented on them this morning and then another shop assistant did aswell :D;)

Thanks..... butterflies now!!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

Denisejcc wrote: »

Hee hee, the security guard in work commented on them this morning and then another shop assistant did aswell :D;)

you must be working that polish :D oh have fun! if it does goes badly maybe stroll by work again and check on the security guard ;):p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Denisejcc

you must be working that polish :D oh have fun! if it does goes badly maybe stroll by work again and check on the security guard ;):p

Ha ha I like your style! :p:D

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭corryworry

Denisejcc wrote: »
    awh lucky! i actually never get complimented on my nails varnish!EVER! i'm going to get this and i swear if i dont get compliments i will scream :p good luck with your date :D hope all goes well. the polish might catch their eye ;)

I love when people comment on my nails :o
    Was in a Guarda station today getting a form signed and the guard was in awe at my marbled nails. She wanted to know all about them, she asked if I was a nail technician:p

• Advertisement

corryworry wrote: »
    I love when people comment on my nails :o
    Was in a Guarda station today getting a form signed and the guard was in awe at my marbled nails. She wanted to know all about them, she asked if I was a nail technician:p
    thats so nice! i love when people take the time to go and compliment other peoples nails (not that i would know :rolleyes:)

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭lil-ms-vodka

thats so nice! i love when people take the time to go and compliment other peoples nails (not that i would know :rolleyes:)

Get lots of compliments on my nails, but lately its all been at the post office about my nails & clothes should i be worried ha ha ;):p

Get lots of compliments on my nails, but lately its all been at the post office about my nails & clothes should i be worried ha ha ;):p
    no...maybe stay away from the post office for a while...just in case :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

China Glaze - Calypso Blue (pre-cleanup, sorry, camera battery was blipping at me!!)

00000000nails.jpg

Names on photos :p

Nails+Inc+The+Hurlingham+1.jpg

Nails+Inc+The+Hurlingham+2.jpg

Nails+Inc+Chelsea+2.jpg

Nails+Inc+Chelsea+1.jpg

Nails+Inc+Chelsea+and+The+Hurlingham+1.jpg

Nails+Inc+Chelsea+and+The+Hurlingham+2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

Rimmel 60 Seconds Portabello Pink

IMAG0524.jpg

IMAG0525.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭stargirl.gra

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRK794OCJVf7XvNb-ArLWa3sPmfHbCWPSoKPVqp9rm-lCXJxu4KEg&t=1

Not my nails but wearing this colour today.

Not my nails but wearing this colour today.
    thats lovely!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Essence - Found My Love

Found it in Dunne's. Have been wearing it with the Matt finish on top as well.

• Advertisement

Re: water marbling - does the polish dry quicker or does it take the usual time?
    I was watching a few on YouTube and the polish looked dry when the nails came out but no one said if it was or not! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭stargirl.gra

It's dryish but depends how many drips of polish you put in the water I found. I suppose just be careful and if you have the time and patience do one hand first and wait til that's well dry especially if using the sellotape as it can get very messy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭corryworry

Re: water marbling - does the polish dry quicker or does it take the usual time?
    I was watching a few on YouTube and the polish looked dry when the nails came out but no one said if it was or not! :confused:
    It's more or less dry when you take your nail outta the water. I've found that it leaves such a thin layer of polish on your nails that it lasts longer too! No smudging and longer lasting - I may be doing this once a week!
    Here's my second attempt (From Saturday) Love my index fingernail this time, it's like flames.:)
    267847_10150325268631321_624451320_9790485_1739855_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

Any ideas if Seche Vite top coat can be bought in Ireland? Preferably in Galway - and is it worth it?

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom Girl

Eviledna wrote: »
    Any ideas if Seche Vite top coat can be bought in Ireland? Preferably in Galway - and is it worth it?

I have seen it in various Boots for e17 :eek: however you can get it on eBay for much cheaper. I got some online and it was delivered this morning so I tried it out.

You're supposed to apply it when your polish is still a bit wet. It does make your nails dry much faster and leaves them super shiny, but it does not completely prevent chipping. Then again maybe I didn't apply it properly as I did it in a rush.
    If you can get it cheap online I'd recommend it but I wouldn't be paying e17 for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

Thanks! I'm so clumsy and impatient to boot, so it's the super fast drying that I'm after it for. Sounds good too, it's funny boots galway don't seem to stock it at all.

Major downside is that it contains toluene, known as toxic and even as carcinogen!:eek:

Hmmm...anyone else know of alternative products that dry nails as fast?

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Audrey_L

IMG_1170.JPG

What I'm wearing today :) A first for me, Accessorize brand! Its shade 38 and so many pretty colours in it ^^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

Had this on for the weekend....Nails inc OMP!
    nailsincomp005.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Sugarbomb

Eviledna wrote: »
    Hmmm...anyone else know of alternative products that dry nails as fast?

Boots sell some spray that apparently makes nails dry faster. Never tried it though.

Personally I don't see how painting a layer of Seche Vitre onto nearly dry nails would make them dry faster. Would't it just smudge the polish??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

Ah girls, I'm an awful eejit, tried water marbling for the first time today.... and forgot to tape my fingers off!!!! The stuff was everywhere!!!! Here's a pic after AN HOUR of cleaning varnish off with everything from cotton buds to nail remover pens. Still not 100% cleaned off but hoping that if I keep up the topcoat over the next couple of days, it might wear off the skin round my fingers. Such a daft mistake!!! Was so excited to get started...:o Anyway:

0000000000000000nails.jpg

Some of my nails look really dark and glam, others look psychedelic!!! That big blob of green on my thumb was when the yellow ran into the blue :) Still, really happy with it and will remember to tape off the next time!!!!

Advertisement