Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Best TV for room with large windows

Options
  • 26-11-2015 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭

I'm currently building a new house and our main living room will have large floor to ceiling windows about 13 feet behind where the tv will be mounted on the wall.
    Windows are south/south-west facing and will be triple glazed.

Are there any TV models that are known to be better at preventing glare?
    Obviously we could pull the blinds but would be nice to not have them down all the time!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭rodge123

rodge123 wrote: »
    I'm currently building a new house and our main living room will have large floor to ceiling windows about 13 feet behind where the tv will be mounted on the wall.
    Windows are south/south-west facing and will be triple glazed.

Are there any TV models that are known to be better at preventing glare?
    Obviously we could pull the blinds but would be nice to not have them down all the time!

Anyone?
    Anyone have first hand experience of a tv that works well in a room with lots of natural light?

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭kyeev

Anyone?
    Anyone have first hand experience of a tv that works well in a room with lots of natural light?
    My room has 2 windows either side of my wall mounted TV and a large floor ceiling window to its left, south facing. Loads of natural light.
    I bought a Samsung h6700 last year and I have had no trouble with its display, even on the brightest day.
    With led TV's these days, issues with brightness is a legacy issue left over from the plasma days. These things have no problem overcoming brightness as long as the sun is not directly shining on them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭rodge123

kyeev wrote: »
    My room has 2 windows either side of my wall mounted TV and a large floor ceiling window to its left, south facing. Loads of natural light.
    I bought a Samsung h6700 last year and I have had no trouble with its display, even on the brightest day.
    With led TV's these days, issues with brightness is a legacy issue left over from the plasma days. These things have no problem overcoming brightness as long as the sun is not directly shining on them

Is this the 48' one kyeev?

How much did you pay for it? (Full price or on sale)

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭kyeev

Is this the 48' one kyeev?

How much did you pay for it? (Full price or on sale)
    Yes that one in the link, it was the 55 inch 2014 model. Cost me 1100 euro. You might be able to still buy it though.
    I think the equivalent 2015 model is samsung j6400. Anything above 6400 is curved.

Advertisement