Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

All things SUSI / grants (see links in first post)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭The_N4sir

Hi guys,

I'm just in the middle of applying for my grant and I'm a bit confused.
    I hope to do engineering in UCD and I can do 3 Years to get my Bsc and a further 2 years to become a master of engineering. However I can also do 4 years only to get my BE. I'm still not sure what path I want to go down.

On my grant it's asking me how long my course is and I am confused whether to say 4 years or 5.

Any advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Kat97

Hi!

Just registered for an account on Susi and I am trying to log in but it is stating that my username or password is invalid.. I have typed it in many times and checked if the details are correct but it is still telling me that it is invalid.

Should I change my password and try again, or wait?

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Forever21

The_N4sir wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I'm just in the middle of applying for my grant and I'm a bit confused.
    I hope to do engineering in UCD and I can do 3 Years to get my Bsc and a further 2 years to become a master of engineering. However I can also do 4 years only to get my BA. I'm still not sure what path I want to go down.

On my grant it's asking me how long my course is and I am confused whether to say 4 years or 5.

Any advice?

Fill in your first choice like if it's 3 or 4 yrs put that in

Kat97 wrote: »
    Hi!

Just registered for an account on Susi and I am trying to log in but it is stating that my username or password is invalid.. I have typed it in many times and checked if the details are correct but it is still telling me that it is invalid.

All passwords are case sensitive

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭pa limerick

When filling out about dependent children, as if on 1st October 2014, do I still count my brother if he was in full time education at that time, but has dropped out since??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭is mise spartacus

mother's birth surname? can someone explain this?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭lulu1

mother's birth surname? can someone explain this?:confused:

Your mothers surname before she was married.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Lauren!

Kat97 wrote: »
    Hi!

I'm having the same problem, i tried changing my password and it didn't make a difference

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,103 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Try a different browser.

I probably sound stupid but I always mess up with forms. Do I answer yes or no to this question, like obviously I'll be doing it in June so do I say no?? Forms like these make me stressed :(
    "Have you completed your Leaving Certificate or equivalent final school exam?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Kat97

spurious wrote: »
    Try a different browser.

Thanks, still not working though! I've tried it on Firefox, Chrome and Safari and no luck :(

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭blackbird 49

I probably sound stupid but I always mess up with forms. Do I answer yes or no to this question, like obviously I'll be doing it in June so do I say no?? Forms like these make me stressed :(
    "Have you completed your Leaving Certificate or equivalent final school exam?

My son has just filled in his form, you will put no for the above question and underneath it will ask will you be doing your leaving cert in June 2015 or words to that effect which you will put yes

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Lauren!

spurious wrote: »
    Try a different browser.

still won't work, maybe their website is just down or something

Lauren! wrote: »
    still won't work, maybe their website is just down or something

It isn't down, it's working for me and my friends.
    http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/grantsonline.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭The_N4sir

I tried various browsers but the only one that worked for me was Internet explorer

• Registered Users Posts: 1 gunadeas

Hi,I also registered @ 0926 this morning and could not complete application as invalid logon.I tried a few more times still the same."Invalid logon" I changed password about 1100 in case I had made a mistake.(99% sure I did not ) Password successfully changed and low and behold "Invalid Logon" Phoned Customer care.Told too much traffic on site try later if not successful ring again tomorrow.Not successful so will have to call tomorrow😐😟😁

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,103 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

They must be having problems.
    I'd leave it a couple of days and try again.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Nicke011

Just use Internet Explorer instead of other modern browsers, and you should be fine. I couldn't complete my form with Chrome, but it went much smoother with IE (the website is cra* anyway, it reminds me of those sites from the time I was using Windows 98 and XP)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 greenwave

the application asks "Have you applied for or will you be getting any other student financial assistance from Ireland or abroad for the 2015/16 academic year?"

Can I apply for the Student Assistance Fund once I am in college if I'm accepted to the regular student grant?
    Should I check yes or no?
    Thanks.

Hi My daughter ticked no for this as we didn't even know about the students fund.
    So I would just tick no

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 Laurenom

Is anyone else getting this message " *** you do not have access to any environments ***

I have all the correct information typed in.

Kremin wrote: »
    I'm sitting the leaving cert this year and was putting my info into the eligibility reckoner, I noticed it says income from 2013.. do they actually want income from 2013 or just haven't changed it yet?
    Thanks!

My daughter filled the form last year and I remember we thought the same thing but I do think they go back a few years so 2013 could be right

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Patty1212

Laurenom wrote: »
    Is anyone else getting this message " *** you do not have access to any environments ***

I have all the correct information typed in.

My daughter tried to log on today and got that same message. I was hoping to find out here what that means.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭blackbird 49

lulu1 wrote: »
    My daughter filled the form last year and I remember we thought the same thing but I do think they go back a few years so 2013 could be right

They haven't changed it yet. But they will look for the income from 1st January 2014 to 31st December 2014, income for anyone applying for the grant is always taken from the previous year's income.

I've contacted them about the problems with the site and asked for them to perhaps send a rep to reply here to problems. They previously had a verified rep on boards.
    We'll see if anything comes of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭MinnieMouse15

Can someone please tell me the answer to this question in the SUSI application:
    What is the highest level of qualification that you have attained in Further or Higher Education on the National Framework of Qualifications (NFQ) or equivalent?

I'm doing my LC this year, so is the answer: none?
    Thank you so much!

Also what is an 'add on' course?

Can someone please tell me the answer to this question in the SUSI application:
    What is the highest level of qualification that you have attained in Further or Higher Education on the National Framework of Qualifications (NFQ) or equivalent?

I'm doing my LC this year, so is the answer: none?
    Thank you so much!

Also what is an 'add on' course?

The answer is none . An add on course is if you were studying a level 6 or 7 & you would like to study the same course to a level 7 or 8 you would apply to the college for an add on course for a year. Hope I explained that ok for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 JoseAmnesia

As I'm a 'dependent' under 23 I have to fill in the info regarding my parents, however I'm not in touch with my father. I can contact him for his PPS if absolutely necessary or is it ok to just put N/A?

It says they've issued me a document schedule (checklist)...
    What does this mean?

• Advertisement

It says they've issued me a document schedule (checklist)...
    What does this mean?

It means they are sending out a letter to you with all the documents that you must send to them. This is normal so gather all the documents as soon as possible and send them back. Make sure you only send photocopies of these as Susi won't return the original documents.

Advertisement