Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rat poison

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 b2dadizzle

Where would I find someone with ferrets? Have a big rat in the garage. Have set traps but caught nothing yet, and have also used the thing you plug in that emits a noise that only some animals can hear. Don't like leaving it there though, as my dog sleeps in the garage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

b2dadizzle wrote: »
    Where would I find someone with ferrets? Have a big rat in the garage. Have set traps but caught nothing yet, and have also used the thing you plug in that emits a noise that only some animals can hear. Don't like leaving it there though, as my dog sleeps in the garage.

Start a thread in the hunting forum, someone close to you might keep them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Just came across this thread, so I thought I'd add my two cents.. I had a problem with rats getting in to one of the rooms of a house I was renting.. They'd scraped through one part of the roof and managed to get in somehow...

I first set traps in the room.. (as I tried to find out where they were getting in) and I use bits of rasher, which I hook on to the trap in a way so that it had to be seriously disturbed to remove the rasher... this worked and I caught a few. When I found the holes I got some of that Evo Stick foam filler, which I didnt really think would keep them out, but actually did...

next I set down Storm poison outside. I put it in three jars in different places, and kept track of the numbers of pieces so I could see where the rats were taking the bait.. It worked pretty much immediately..

I used to prefer the traps as you could actually see the result ..... i.e. the rat dead in the trap.. But I found with the poison, once I set it down, and keep it topped up, rats are just not an issue any more..

Advertisement