Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Forum Requests forum

Options
  • 09-11-2015 11:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭

Not working, at all.

There are ideas that have been green-lit for months, haven't happened yet, ideas that have reached the criteria as set out in the charter, haven't been reviewed yet, ideas that have sat there for months on end haven't been closed yet.

I appreciate the new site is taking up all the energy, but if the site is in effect ignoring the Forum Requests, why keep the forum open.

Just be honest that nothing is getting done with all requests and temporarily close the forum. If the criteria for new forums is no longer the one you want to use, say so.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

How come this, and the threads in the forum requests forum, are being ignored?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,644 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

This is in no way to be taken as an official answer. I'm just posting this as a boards.ie user.

At a guess, it's probably because the #1 priority is to get the new layout off the ground as quick as possible. The office has a list of stuff to do, and this changes daily. It can range from the company being sued to how to prevent the recent DDoS attacks.

Again - this is all just guesswork. Unless you actually work in a place, it can be hard to understand why certain things receive higher priority than others, which, from the outside looking in, don't appear to be that important.

-Shield.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

That's the problem though Shield, its all guesswork because no one who actually knows has felt the urge to tell anyone. One line at top of forum request front page in a bold sticky stating there would be a delay or cancellation or under attack from aliens. One line. That'd be it. Bit of honestly wouldn't go amiss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

Shield wrote: »
    This is in no way to be taken as an official answer. I'm just posting this as a boards.ie user.

At a guess, it's probably because the #1 priority is to get the new layout off the ground as quick as possible. The office has a list of stuff to do, and this changes daily. It can range from the company being sued to how to prevent the recent DDoS attacks.

Again - this is all just guesswork. Unless you actually work in a place, it can be hard to understand why certain things receive higher priority than others, which, from the outside looking in, don't appear to be that important.

-Shield.
    AMA Forum put back for over two years waiting on a new layout.

Two Years!!!

Boards has other problems.

Terminal illness forum request has its first birthday on the 22nd. Time flies eh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Update: This is something we will be looking at in the next couple of days.

Changes are afoot, bear with us.

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    Update: This is something we will be looking at in the next couple of days.

Changes are afoot, bear with us.

About the Forum Request forum? Good to know.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,053 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

About the Forum Request forum? Good to know.

Re-read his user group and you'll have your answer.

Spear wrote: »
    Re-read his user group and you'll have your answer.

Thanks but I think you're giving me more credit than I deserve if you presume I know what his user group is, or how to read it.
    As in The Traveling Wilburys?
    Could you dumb it down, say 100%

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,053 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Thanks but I think you're giving me more credit than I deserve if you presume I know what his user group is, or how to read it.
    As in The Traveling Wilburys?
    Could you dumb it down, say 100%

He's back to being an admin once more.

• Advertisement

Spear wrote: »
    He's back to being an admin once more.

Ah, got it. Thanks.

Ha.

In my original post, I was being witty and had an arrow pointing to my new stars, showing I was back as an Admin.

But I thought that might be a tad pretentious, so I deleted it. :D

Sorry for the confusion.

I think I was probably being dense! Put it down to post night shift idiocy, or just my normal level of idiocy. Good news the stars back where they belong.

The Traveling Wilburys?

Tom Dunne mods Travelling Wilburys forum. I got wrong end of stick, in fact didn't get hold of said stick at all.

OOps, didn't think I'd posted that. What is that Forum?

Theirs alot of private Forums with weird names knocking around.

OOps, didn't think I'd posted that. What is that Forum?

Theirs alot of private Forums with weird names knocking around.

Yeah, dunno, some kind of masonic deelies I reckon.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,274 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

It's a forum for Wilburys. Who travel.

Crap, I've said too much already...

The Traveling Wilburys were an English-American supergroup consisting of Bob Dylan, George Harrison, Jeff Lynne, Roy Orbison, and Tom Petty. The band recorded two albums in 1988 and 1990, though Orbison died before the second was recorded.

Never heard of 'em

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

The Traveling Wilburys?

Savage band. Check them and how they came together out.

• Advertisement

If someone wants to make me an admin so that I can access all those odd Forums and make sure theirs nothing untoward going on in them...I'll take one for the team and do it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

MugMugs wrote: »
    Savage band. Check them and how they came together out.
    <3 The Wilburys. We'll never see the like of them again.

If some studio head ever tries to reboot the Wilburys for the 2000's with Justin Bieber and 4 other destroyers of culture, I will end them.

The first rule of the Travelling Wilburys forum - you don't talk about the Travelling Wilburys forum.

Zaph, you're up for a paddling at our next meeting in Newgrange on the 21st.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,285 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Zaph, you're up for a paddling at our next meeting in Newgrange on the 21st.
    Well if that's the extent of your travels I'm not interested....

Beasty wrote: »
    Well if that's the extent of your travels I'm not interested....

Newgrange is the, um, departure point.

Newgrange is the, um, departure point.

tumblr_nm4db7P9hc1tszwcio1_540.png

I await the leaders intervention in Forum Requests.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭Melodeon

I await the leaders intervention in Forum Requests.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=593

369807.jpg

Credit where it's due, they have done a brilliant job of tidying up that forum. Now if the 2 forums in limbo appear we'll be cooking with gas.

Advertisement