Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fired up BF Bad Company 2 just now.

• 30-11-2014 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭

My house m8 and me decided to give this a go on our PCs tonight...

Well, I am in love again. Its like shaking Hands with an old friend. It feels, looks and plays amazing. Kills Satisfying and maps are just purely fantastic. One thing that really stands out is the sound. It makes it feel so damn epic.

WTF went wrong with this franchise!?!? How did they ****ed it up so badly!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

My house m8 and me decided to give this a go on our PCs tonight...

Well, I am in love again. Its like shaking Hands with an old friend. It feels, looks and plays amazing. Kills Satisfying and maps are just purely fantastic. One thing that really stands out is the sound. It makes it feel so damn epic.

WTF went wrong with this franchise!?!? How did they ****ed it up so badly!

It's on sale for 2 euro on steam !

comes with vietnam too !!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

fergus1001 wrote: »
    It's on sale for 2 euro on steam !

comes with vietnam too !!

Well worth getting. Had a few games with my buddy and over weekend and it was awesome. I tried once new expansion for Bf4 amd never got back anymore. When i got a craving for some bf, I just fire up bad company 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

Well worth getting. Had a few games with my buddy and over weekend and it was awesome. I tried once new expansion for Bf4 amd never got back anymore. When i got a craving for some bf, I just fire up bad company 2.

Still doesn't have controller support :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,458 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

What shape is the community in? Still a decent amount of populated servers?

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭The Red

What shape is the community in? Still a decent amount of populated servers?

Yep just played it now. Lots of people on there. Great game. Never really played it before. Seems a bit clunkier than 3 &4 but better in general, somehow more realistic? Good maps so far! Don't like the starting weapons for engi though!! ;)

• Advertisement

Spot on by Frankie. A bit Ironic that he did this video when I just got back in to it! :p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,682 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Its been my go to BF game a long time now,yeah i pop in and out of the others but longterm its the most enjoyable of the bunch for me.
    Give me the M1 Garand on infantry maps and you better pray you dont meet me :P totally satisfying weapon to use.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,458 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

The Red wrote: »
    Yep just played it now. Lots of people on there. Great game. Never really played it before. Seems a bit clunkier than 3 &4 but better in general, somehow more realistic? Good maps so far! Don't like the starting weapons for engi though!! ;)

Good to hear. I might give it a go again soon just for old times sake.

I used to play it a lot but moved to BF4 pretty quickly when it was released.

Good to hear. I might give it a go again soon just for old times sake.

I used to play it a lot but moved to BF4 pretty quickly when it was released.

Well, we all did. It's like yearly cod thing. It was wrong move though, BC2 is just better game. Maybe it's not as big and does not have 258 attachments for your gun, but it's still a lot more fun game.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,682 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Reinstalled it there after reinstalling win 8.1 and it CTD after i try to join a server.
    I have two versions of the game , one on steam one on origin [long story] both doing the same thing once i try to join as sever.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Same here. I went back to it after I could no longer deal with BF4. Its definitely clunky at times but the sheer joy of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

2.50 on steam right now.

Advertisement