Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Union heritage life insurance

Options
  • 09-10-2014 3:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭

Anyone taken out life insurance with this crowd, I have a fella here for the last 2 hours offering me a plan
    €8 a week and pays out 80 k in event of death, and pays money for hospital stays
    Is this good I have no idea
    Just had a baby and filled out a form at a baby fair and he called over

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,327 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Well - did he wear you down and did you sign? I never heard of them. Was there a draw for some prize or why did you give your home address at that event?

If you did sign and now have second thoughts, I believe there is a cooling-off period during which you can revoke anything you signed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

coylemj wrote: »
    Well - did he wear you down and did you sign? I never heard of them. Was there a draw for some prize or why did you give your home address at that event?

If you did sign and now have second thoughts, I believe there is a cooling-off period during which you can revoke anything you signed.
    My wife entered a draw for a one for all voucher
    She was going ahead with it but I put a stop to it when he wanted to take a swab of saliva to prove I didn't smoke

He went mad when I told him to cancel it
    Slammed the door on the way out

He went mad when I told him to cancel it
    Slammed the door on the way out

After two hours it's unlikely he was going to go quietly with no signature!

Fcuking nerve looking for a swab!

It was the swab that made alarm bells ring
    Seemed a bit over the top to prove we don't smoke

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,144 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

This crowd is very strange, I recently got this (I don't have my CV on any jobsite):
    Hi, my name is Roger Smith and I am the President of Union Heritage Life Assurance Company Limited. I recently received your CV from a recruitment website and I believe your qualifications might be a good fit for our organisation. Currently we are filling positions for our sales team and are looking for skilled insurance sales professionals with a drive to succeed. We are interested in qualified professionals like yourself and believe that this could be a good match with your qualifications.
    Contact us about this opportunity by going to our website at www.uhlcareers.com or call us at 01 905 8040.
    Sincerely,
    Roger Smith
    President
    Union Heritage Life Assurance Company Limited

Union Heritage Life Assurance Company Limited is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland
    Directors: Jonathan Goold (UK), William Holmes, John Rogers (USA), Joel Scarborough (USA), Roger Smith (USA) Consultant: Dick Spring
    We will continue to alert you when we have openings at our local offices because you placed your resume on an internet job board or responded to one of our job ads. Compensation is on a pay for performance basis. To avoid future updates from us, please go to our optout link.
    Our privacy policy is at http://www.tmkrms.com/Response/PrivacyPolicy.aspx
    Union Heritage Life Assurance Company Limited - Apex Business Centre, 2nd Floor Unit C, Blackthorn Road, Sandyford, Dublin 18.

They than followed this up with
    Dear Applicant,
    Thank you for recently inquiring about a position with Union Heritage Life Assurance Company Limited. Our local office in your area will be contacting you at their earliest convenience.
    Human Resources Department

Looks like they are as aggressive in recruiting as they are in sales?

i looked up their website and it seems to be all about the recruiting

• Registered Users Posts: 5,144 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

i looked up their website and it seems to be all about the recruiting

Their customer facing website is: http://unionheritagelife.com/

If you look at it you will see that this is a company heavy involved with the unions, they even have an ex Tánaiste they advertise their union credentials with.

Their customer facing website is: http://unionheritagelife.com/

If you look at it you will see that this is a company heavy involved with the unions, they even have an ex Tánaiste they advertise their union credentials with.

That's what they want you to believe. Did you notice that there isn't a single endorsement from anyone currently active in the Irish trades union or labour movements?

The website is hosted in Kansas and there's no sign of any mailing address in Ireland or anywhere else on their website. They make vague reference to working with the trades unions but apart from Dick Spring (who is a director of other financial companies, especially FexCo), there is no direct link mentioned to any person or organisation in the labour movement in Ireland.

Closer inspection reveals that they're not such a firebrand, trades union-friendly organisation as you might think if you read their Union Heritage website. The parent company is American Income Life Company (AIL) and in their 2012 report to the Labor Advisory Board, the cover page has the banner headline.... 'Protecting the middle class' and the first paragraph states the following...

Protecting the middle class starts with protecting our own employees and representatives. We must walk the walk and then fight for the rest of the middle class. In 2011, we did both, and will continue to do so.

That's the 2012 report, link at the foot of this page...

http://unionheritagelife.com/company.aspx?submenu=About

So the workers of the world can go and sod off. First priority is our workers, then the 'rest of the' middle class. No wonder there's no endorsement on their website from Jack O'Connor!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

My latest email from this crowd.

A little more than two weeks ago, we pulled your CV from a recruitment website and tried to contact you either by phone or email. As of this date, our records show we have not been able to set up an interview with you. We are touching base with individuals who have posted their CVs that meet our requirements for the insurance sales professional positions we have available.

We are still filling positions and would like to set up an interview. If you are still seeking a career that rewards you for hard work, I encourage you to learn more about this opportunity. Contact us through our website for immediate consideration or call 0214883464 to discuss the options we have available for you.

Sincerely,

Roger Smith
    President
    www.uhlcareers.com

Different phone number than from above in another post. I was initially contacted by someone else in the company. I do have my CV online but, no experience in sales. Whole thing is a little weird, never received email contact for a job other than to say my cv was being processed or that I was unsuccessful. Seem like it might be a mass mailing. The jobs do appear to exist, but appear to be commission only. Might be a great job for a snake oil sleuth.

• Advertisement
Advertisement