Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Mc Donalds And Baby Changing

• 01-06-2012 12:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

So i was in mc donalds today having a burger and had 7 month old son with me. eventually he needed to be changed so off i went to the baby changing in the toilets
    the next part enraged me. there was no baby changing in the gents and no disabled toilet, the baby changing area is only in the ladies.
    i asked a member of staff where was i able to change the baby and she said 'only in the ladies but obviously you cant go in there'.
    i couldnt believe it, the baby was starting to get cranky but she stood at the door of the ladies blocking it so there was no way i could go in.

im very angry over this, i feel its sexist that baby changing is only available in the ladies toilets. i ended up changing him in the car but could have prevented him crying for half an hour if baby changing was available to men. it was the donaghmede branch of mc donalds. im seriously thinking of ringing joe tomorrow over this and going further

thoughts?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

mcdonalds cant be expected to cater to the minority of babies who will need to be changed by men...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

You should have bought another burger, taken a bite out of it, change the baby in the car and put some of it's 'special sauce' on the burger and brought it back to em

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Simple. Don't eat in McDonalds. This incident isn't the only reason to justify such a move.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Ah answer: Should have changed the baby on the counter...

Real answer: there's a counter beside the sink!

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Mickey Lover

I would have changed the baby on one of their tables - that'll teach them :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,468 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

what did they ever do back in the day without such facilities eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

I would have changed the baby on one of their tables - that'll teach them :)

thats what i was thinking after

• Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Battered Mars Bar

Wtf :confused: Could you not just lob him up on the sink counter in the mens jacks?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,468 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

sugarman wrote: »
    The largest fastfood chain in the world?:rolleyes:

yeah exactly, they're a fastfood outlet, not a creche

Wtf :confused: Could you not just lob him up on the sink counter in the mens jacks?

its was manky

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Battered Mars Bar

its was manky

few tissues be grand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

so that's what the patties are made from? :/ fùckn clown for a mascot; shoulda known

few tissues be grand

i felt like a few naggins afterwards

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭PinkFly

First world problem don't ya just love 'em

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

You are perfectly within your rights to go into the ladies and use the babychanger... my husband does it all the time when he's out with the youngest 2 who are in nappies.. if they don't provide it in the men's or a separate changing room they leave you with no choice and cannot ask you to leave. And if they did i'd tell them to fu@k off ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Mr.Biscuits

Sounds like you had shit day overall and even chose to eat some to.

cbyrd wrote: »
    You are perfectly within your rights to go into the ladies and use the babychanger... my husband does it all the time when he's out with the youngest 2 who are in nappies.. if they don't provide it in the men's or a separate changing room they leave you with no choice and cannot ask you to leave. And if they did i'd tell them to fu@k off ;)

they never told me to leave, i just left and changed him in the car. in hindsight i should have just changed him at the table

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Such a daft policy to not let you into the ladies. Were they worried you might see some women washing their hands?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭PinkFly

cbyrd wrote: »

they never told me to leave, i just left and changed him in the car. in hindsight i should have just changed him at the table

Or in the cubicle on your knee??

Sounds like you had shit day overall and even chose to eat some to.

McDonalds sorta has the kiddie market by teh not even developed yet balls; long befre they're even born I reckon there's McD TV bein beamed into our unsuspecting wombs and siezing their little hearts n minds

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭guppy

You should absolutely phone Joe! That is a disgrace, everywhere should provide baby changing facilities. This country is so anti family it's ridiculous. Everyone with a child should have the appropriate facilities to change them standing up (the adults) without being inconvenienced.

(Or learn to change the baby on your knee, in a cubicle, like I did. Even 5 years ago a lot of places had no facilities, so I adapted)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

i'd go to the mens if thats where it was. (female)

I can do it in the buggy in 20 seconds. needs must

• Registered Users Posts: 9,573 ✭✭✭lord lucan

mcdonalds cant be expected to cater to the minority of babies who will need to be changed by men...

Not really a minority these days. I see as many men bringing their kids out for the day as women. If this was the other way around the RTE switchboard would blow up with enraged wimmins complaining to Joe and summoning up the ghost of the suffragettes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

I find it hard to believe she stood in the doorway to block you going in. Ya sure you even ask if you could go in ?

If she did block you and you didnt ask for the manager then you havent much to whinge about either. I'd wager there isnt a manager in the world who'd choose a shítty crying baby in their restaurant over allowing a man into the ladies jacks for 2 minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭bfocusd

I thought they all had to comply with the disability regulation and supply a disabled toilet? Or was it combined with the womens bathroom or something?

Usually for men they have the use of the changing station in the disability toilet rather than in the men's room itself

lord lucan wrote: »
    Not really a minority these days. I see as many men bringing their kids out for the day as women. If this was the other way around the RTE switchboard would blow up with enraged wimmins complaining to Joe and summoning up the ghost of the suffragettes.

i was saying to a woman on the way out that if a cafe didnt have a ladies toilets there would be war and it would be top of the 6.01 news

LordSmeg wrote: »
    I find it hard to believe she stood in the doorway to block you going in. Ya sure you even ask if you could go in ?

If she did block you and you didnt ask for the manager then you havent much to whinge about either. I'd wager there isnt a manager in the world who'd choose a shítty crying baby in their restaurant over allowing a man into the ladies jacks for 2 minutes.

she did

a few times

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭IrishAm

Children should be banned from all restaurants and bars.

Problem solved.

:)

PinkFly wrote: »
    First world problem don't ya just love 'em

same shìt / different wold

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

she did

a few times

Did you ask for a manager or supervisor ?

Advertisement