Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Computer Programming, Web Design, Game Jams

• 16-05-2014 1:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

Hi all is there any groups, societies, clubs or events that involve computer programming, web design or game programming like game jams or application programming in C/C++, Java, Python etc.? I'd love to join something along those lines to meet like minded people. Oh and Arduino Programming! Preferably something that isn't focused on younger children and teenagers like Coder Dojo. I am involved in Coder Dojo's in Laois and there great, but I would like to hang out with people my own age (25) :)

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

I wouldn't mind knowing about this too despite only having a limited experience in coding!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 SigmundFreud

I'd love to find a place in Portlaoise maybe that isn't being used and host game jams/coding sessions for people. We could have fund raisers and competitions to pay for things like coffee and fruit. Furniture and equipment for people who maybe can't afford a PC or internet connection. It would be open to anyone who was interested in technology or that wanted to meet people with similar interests. Anyone from Portlaoise interested in leasing me a place for free? :)

Advertisement