Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

wordpress: my website keeps linking to localhost!

• 11-04-2010 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭

Hey gang

hope ye all well.

I have just set up a wordpress website using a classified theme: www.freefreefree.ie

I can connect to the homepage without any problems, but when i click on any link within the site, such as: 'contact us', 'register', or 'login', it brings me to the http://localhost/freefreefree.ie/wp-login.php version for example.

Any ideas how to fix this?

I am new to wordpress, and have spent a lot of time getting as far as this, so please be gentle :)
    Thanks very much,
    Ed

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

As every link points to localhost, I reckon your General Settings > WordPress address (URL) or Blog address (URL) are wrong. They should point to something like: www.freefreefree.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭eurotrotter

tricky D wrote: »
    As every link points to localhost, I reckon your General Settings > WordPress address (URL) or Blog address (URL) are wrong. They should point to something like: www.freefreefree.ie

thanks for that, i cant even get into the wordpress admin, since it is pointing to a localhost version though.

any ideas?

thanks again,
    ed

Go to your login page which should be something like: http://www.freefreefree.ie/wp-login.php but don't bother logging in as the form will call the action from localhost. Save the file, open it in your text editor and change the action from 'wp-login.php' to 'http://www.freefreefree.ie/wp-login.php' (about line 21) so that the action is site one, not localhost. Save, open in browser and try to login.

If that doesn't work you'll probably have to ftp in and manually remove it and the database and then reinstall from scratch.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭donnaille

tricky D wrote: »
    Go to your login page which should be something like: http://www.freefreefree.ie/wp-login.php but don't bother logging in as the form will call the action from localhost. Save the file, open it in your text editor and change the action from 'wp-login.php' to 'http://www.freefreefree.ie/wp-login.php' (about line 21) so that the action is site one, not localhost. Save, open in browser and try to login.

If that doesn't work you'll probably have to ftp in and manually remove it and the database and then reinstall from scratch.

Before you try this can you log into your Database through PHPMyAdmin or one of those programs included in your hosting as it can be changed here too.

Quite right. Wouldn't that be the best way to remove the database also? That's unlikely though (hopefully), the changing of the action call works fine for me.

• Advertisement

legends!

as tricky suggested, went into the database and did a control h on 'localhost/' and it worked.

now i have a new issue though, the registration page aint working, it just bring sya to login page.doh!!

but thanks very much for all yer help with the other issue.

if anyone has the patience to help me with the new issue, id greatly appreciate it.

thanks again,
    Ed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭lostprophetsie

Login page is still trying to get stylesheets from localhost also so I'd have another look in your database tables and check if there is any other localhost entries, might solve the problem of it not going to the registration page too.

Login page is still trying to get stylesheets from localhost also so I'd have another look in your database tables and check if there is any other localhost entries, might solve the problem of it not going to the registration page too.

thanks for the tip, i have resolved the issue regarding the css, but the registration page stil isnt working.

thanks for the help, much obliged,ed

there's just one other issue with this website, shes nearly there now:

1. i have forgotten the admin login

2. the register page jsut brings you to the login page.

3. the contact us page says that the message was successfully sent, but i dont receive anything, even though i remember setting up the contact us form to send the mail to my own personal email.

any help on these topics would be great.

thanks a lot for the help,

Ed

• Registered Users Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭daymobrew

1. i have forgotten the admin login
    Go to the database and change the encrypted password.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭RoadKillTs

Site is seriously slow. It's a good theme though.

Advertisement