Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pokemon League: Freeze Season Thread

• 29-05-2012 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭

Hello Everybody!

League is back!!! For real this time!
    No, really.
    Anyway I've contacted Gamers World and they say we can play anyday between 11am and 6pm for free, or after 6pm for 3 euro a person to cover staff costs. They no longer sell TCG boosters so it would only cover entry.

But I think that, it being Summer, it would be nice (and more convenient for me :p) to play during the day. In any case official start date for the season is June 11th.
    Let me know what you all think anyway so I can get back to the shop.
    So yea... there ya go! Leagues finally back

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭SamIAmNot

What time you thinking of starting this off at?

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭popzmaster

Well the official start to the season is June 11th, and ordering for the season was only open for about 6 hours before I ordered so our stuff should well be here by then.
    The shop are ready for us as well so as soon as we can like. Thats why I started this thread, to discuss what time would be best for everyone, instead of just slapping on a time that's good for me like a tyrann(itar)ical dictator.

So I'm gonna go ahead and suggest Tuesdays 1pm-4pm? Nobody should have a problem with such a boring time of the week. I think the first Tuesday is the 12th so that would be a good date for me. And just a note I cant do any Thursdays as I'm working every Thursday from now till September.

Would we be holding this every Tuesday, every second Tuesday or once a month? I have a meeting that comes up once every three weeks so I won't be making all of the meet ups.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I would very much like to be part of this :) I don't work Tuesday's, so its good for me.

I was thinking weekly. Even if you can only make two tuesdays out of three it would be grand because I reckon it would only take four meetings to finish your players cards for the season and get all the promos possible.

Also I can only order supplies for 10 players, so places are limited for now. I think I can order more if we need it, and i dont even know if we will have that many but I thought I should point it out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭Urizen

Ah sure why not :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I work different days each week so I can't promise I'll be there for all of them but I'll pop along when I can!

So Tuesday afternoons it is?

Apologies but I will not be in attendance tomorrow. Something has come up last minute. Not happy but has to be done :L

I shall start coming next week, damn leaving cert :pac:

• Advertisement

The league pack still hasn't arrived at Gamers World yet, but we still played today, with me keeping track of the games played until we can transfer over the results to the actual score cards when they arrive. We may need more tables next week :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Might I suggest a more expansive and dramatic review of the evenings festivities so those who didn't attend know what they're missing and maybe turn up for the next one? Tales of crushing defeats, heroic victories, photoshopped pictures of the afterparty in the Lopunny Letch Lounge - whatever it takes!

So have we any heads for tomorrow??

By heads do you mean, new people? Cos Once I find exactly where gamersworld is, I'm totally there.

Delighted to announce we had a grand total of 9!!!! people show up to League on Tuesday, equalling our record attendance from our last league season way back when, and I can safely say it can only be up and up from here on in. Pat yourselves on the back likes! Also our pack should finally be here next Tuesday so people can see our cool new shiny things we can earn.
    I might even have to dip my toe back in the murky stagnant water of facebook to update about the league there too.

Exciting stuff eh???

It was! I shall defeat that espeon next week!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I'll try and show up again when I have some cards to play with, or at the very least have my DS :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 28 cakemonkey

popzmaster wrote: »
    Delighted to announce we had a grand total of 9!!!! people show up to League on Tuesday, equalling our record attendance from our last league season way back when, and I can safely say it can only be up and up from here on in. Pat yourselves on the back likes! Also our pack should finally be here next Tuesday so people can see our cool new shiny things we can earn.
    I might even have to dip my toe back in the murky stagnant water of facebook to update about the league there too.

Exciting stuff eh???
    hey, me and my friend were going to go to the league on the tenth of july. id that okay? and will you host pre-releases? thanks!

My new deck cleaned up yesterday :cool: only one loss. Got some pics I could bring onto the thread?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Is there any new rules/rotations in operation?

Assuming it's the new black and white rules I can brush those up, but if there's a rotation, I don't know if I can even make up a deck :P

And to play do you have to join the leauge or can I just pop along every now and again? (Which will be as often as I can though!) I can join too, so long as i'm not expected to make every meeting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Buzzthebatgirl

Is there any new rules/rotations in operation?

Assuming it's the new black and white rules I can brush those up, but if there's a rotation, I don't know if I can even make up a deck :P

And to play do you have to join the leauge or can I just pop along every now and again? (Which will be as often as I can though!) I can join too, so long as i'm not expected to make every meeting.
    Popzmaster has the final say on this (and feel free to tell me to butt out since I don't live in Dublin :P) Leagues are usually just come and play, no pressure to come every week, when you can is fine. Of course the more you come, the more games you play and the more stamps you can earn to get prizes :D

I have no idea on the house rules. I can confirm there will be an official TPCi TCG "rotating out" of the HGSS cards, but I think that happens after Worlds, so September time? Unless you want to partake in current tournaments, don't worry about it. The new rotation will have cards from BW onwards.

The BW sets have a few new things (PokePowers/Pokebodies are now called Abilities, the return of EX Pokemon), the main thing is that the starting player can now play Trainer [item], Trainer [Supporter], and Trainer [Stadium] cards on the first turn.

Hope that helps :D

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭wedgelington

thought my fellow leaguers would find it interesting that most gamestops over dublin are currently having massive sales and they do sell pokemon cards in alot of them, believe you can pick up a tin for around 8 euro, not 100% on the prices but my friend said he was in there recently and thats the general price range

Not in gamestop swords/henry street/the one off henry street/stephens green/clare hall.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭wedgelington

cloud493 wrote: »
    Not in gamestop swords/henry street/the one off henry street/stephens green/clare hall.
    well that sucks but i can pretty much guarentee they sell them in gamestop bray and the're having a sale, sorry if you happened to head out to all these shops :s

539677_3678455434791_293002338_n.jpg

282977_3678457394840_1383950283_n.jpg

229850_3678459514893_191295227_n.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Espeon strikes again!

Did indeed, just not against me :D 4 games, didn't draw espeon once.

Finally bought a deck, got the Zoroark one so whenever I next get down I can actually take part :D Granted I'll probably be a bit hopeless until I get used to it all again.

People should totally come to this tomorrow :rolleyes: I mean more people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭Urizen

I'll do my best, but I promise nothing :P

Advertisement