Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAP 2-Auditing assessment

• 19-02-2009 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

I'm actually studing this with Griffith college in limerick/waterford, am i correct in thinking that we are not going to be getting the material before march 7th and also that the institute are not holding any tutorials!!!!!!!!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭maddogcollins

Ya, that is what it seems like. Im doing it in Galway and we have definatly not heard of any tutorial (apart from the three sample papers). Going to be tough to do it in 1 and 1/2 hours, with having to read it and do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭Pisco Sour

Theres only 2 sample papers on the student website. I've heard that to get the 3rd one you have to attend a lecture (not sure when). If anyone has this 3rd sample paper could they please scan and upload it onto this thread? It would be greatly appreciated by everyone :)

04072511 wrote: »
    Theres only 2 sample papers on the student website. I've heard that to get the 3rd one you have to attend a lecture (not sure when). If anyone has this 3rd sample paper could they please scan and upload it onto this thread? It would be greatly appreciated by everyone :)

Ya, many courses were donig it in class while some were given it as a home assignment.

Iv attached the sample paper. No solution available yet.Will post when it becomes available.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭suckslikeafox

To be honest I can't see this one being hard, should be common sense. I work in funds though so I'm at a disadvantage, those doing normal companies should walk it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

I don't really know what's going on with this paper. We can be asked 4 possible sections?

Bank
    Debtors
    Inventory
    Fixed Assets

Is that right? And the latter 3 have all got sample papers. So in all likelihood we'll get fixed assets?

• Advertisement

Hanley wrote: »
    I don't really know what's going on with this paper. We can be asked 4 possible sections?

Bank
    Debtors
    Inventory
    Fixed Assets

Is that right? And the latter 3 have all got sample papers. So in all likelihood we'll get fixed assets?

I'm pretty sure Fixed Assets isnt on it. Creditors is the 4th section!

Ya, many courses were donig it in class while some were given it as a home assignment.

Iv attached the sample paper. No solution available yet.Will post when it becomes available.

Thanks a mill. Have you got the solution yet?

Has anybody got the solution yet?

I'm pretty sure Fixed Assets isnt on it. Creditors is the 4th section!

Ohhhh.... serious?

Huh. That simplifies things a bit so. In a way I wish it was fixed assets tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 M2009

Thanks a mill. Have you got the solution yet?

Has anybody got the solution yet?

Here is the solution to sample paper 2

M2009 wrote: »
    Here is the solution to sample paper 2

Legend! Cheers for that!

Just wondering how are people going about studying this? It really isnt the type of thing that can be learned from a book in my opinion as Auditing is very practical. I'm fortunate that I work in auditing so that should help me a bit, but what about the people who work in tax or advisary!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 Sirsparrow

I don't know how to properly study for this in fairness.

The common theme on the sample papers is what additional tests you would perform if you don't have a bank confirm/whatever.

I think you just have to try and understand as much of what's in the sections and learn what purpose each thing has and how useful it'd be.

I think it might be troublesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

anyone got a mock solution if creditors should come up, and what other aids could we use?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

any ISAs worth bearing in mind today?

any ISAs worth bearing in mind today?

315, 320, 330, 500, 501, 520, 700

Most of them are mentioned in the book and past/sample paper solutions anyway.

Migt wanna just tab them in case!

I'm gonna make a prediction and say it will NOT be bank or debtors. And will most likely be creditors.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Cookie89

Well how did everyone get on with th assignment, only found out by accident that the results were out. I got 9 kinda disappointed but then 9 is better than 0

Cookie89 wrote: »
    Well how did everyone get on with th assignment, only found out by accident that the results were out. I got 9 kinda disappointed but then 9 is better than 0

Cheers for the heads up on them being out..typical institute not telling people results are out. Must go check now!

I'm happy with my 12 :)

45% in audit and 47% in SFMA from the actual exam papers seems more manageable than 50's!!

Advertisement